Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcotteri
    • Jun 2008

yah I was looking at this random Japanese BALLAS blog a couple of days ago and came across these two lovely time pieces... Wow I can dream

WTB: This

Comment

• MaxM
      • Sep 2009

Where in NYC could i apply for a summer job that would be vaguely interesting, given that it has to be in the sales/customer relations dept?

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• MikeN
        • Nov 2007

a job or an internship?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Man, I love IWC.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MaxM
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
            a job or an internship?
            Well it can be both, but i understand that internships are not paid in the US, or very little.
            If possible i would rather have a real (temporary) work contract.

Actually my business school compels every student to work during summer and write a report, it is necessary in order to make it to the next year.

Anyway i would looooooove to work in NYC this summer so any advice is welcome

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

I'd guess that your chances are pretty slim unless you really dig into it, there are a million people in nyc who want a nice or cool job. look into the type of places you'd like to work for and just contact them to see if they are hiring, its hit or miss (99% of the latter), but if you look through some random job listings, it'll probably be the frying pan at WackArnolds. I don't have any precise tips though since I'm not local, but good luck
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• MaxM
                • Sep 2009

I know it will be very hard to find, I also know i will have to send a lot of applications to even get a response.
                Nevertheless i am willing to give it a shot.
                Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right...

Comment

• endersgame
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by jcotteri View Post
                  yah I was looking at this random Japanese BALLAS blog a couple of days ago and came across these two lovely time pieces... Wow I can dream
                  there are more expensive iwc's but the portuguese chrono automatic with the black face is my favourite. extremely handsome and not that expensive..

Originally posted by MaxM View Post
                  Where in NYC could i apply for a summer job that would be vaguely interesting, given that it has to be in the sales/customer relations dept?
                  are you a student? can your school help you out?

if you want to make money, work off the books and wait on tables at a french restaurant..

Comment

• MaxM
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by endersgame View Post

are you a student? can your school help you out?

if you want to make money, work off the books and wait on tables at a french restaurant..
                    Well i am in my first year and i am not supposed to contact any alumni.
                    Also there are certain conditions or criterias that the job/internship has to fulfill so that the school validates it.
                    Unfortunately they don't want me to work as a waiter, however they allow us to work at receptions in hotels. There i guess being fluent in german and french would help a lot.

Comment

• MaxM
                      • Sep 2009

BTW, what does that mean?

Comment

• endersgame
                        • Aug 2009

means working for cash under the table, unreported wages, no taxes.

but you will be here on a student visa? does that qualify you for any paying job on or off the books? see i don't know enough about this. your school will know more..

also, can you fake a british accent? for some reason, there is always a british guy in any random office. they are not any better qualified that the rest of us, but they always get jobs..

Comment

• Sombre
                          • Jan 2009

also, can you fake a british accent? for some reason, there is always a british guy in any random office. they are not any better qualified that the rest of us, but they always get jobs..
                          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• jcotteri
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Man, I love IWC.
                            me too, and that photo I posted shoes two of my fav examples

there are more expensive iwc's but the portuguese chrono automatic with the black face is my favourite. extremely handsome and not that expensive..
                            I'm not into the most expensive is the best theory (not saying you are) as it's clearly shown when examining the most expensive watches, that they are indeed unattractive and just assert their value by stuffing the most ridiculous amount of precious jewels all over them... Only really suitable for some oil sheik etc.

Those Portuguese IWC's are very lovely and as you mention somewhat attainable. The 2010 lineup sees the Portuguese Yacht Club.. It's lovely..

I also like their Aquatimer..

Can't wait to visit the new IWC Schaffhausen flagstore in Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong..

erm.. sorry back to NYC

perhaps this could be moved somewhere else?
                            WTB: This

Comment

• Servo2000
                              • Oct 2006

I'm catching a bus to New York this evening for an impromptu visit and leaving friday night most likely (originally planned on leaving saturday but ended up having too much work). Drop me a PM if anyone knows anything going on this week worth going to!
                              WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Peasant
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by MaxM View Post
                                I realize this is an obvious suggestion, but have you tried Craigslist? It can at least provide some leads.
                                Landing one from overseas may be difficult. Often times they want to meet the person beforehand. You'll probably have to take one without pay and work evenings to pay rent. Leaving you with little money to shop or go out with. Regardless of what is offered, I'm sure you can make it seem more legitimate to your professors (on paper).

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎