X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinoy
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
    Soto (already on the list, but worth mentioning twice. tremendous japanese)
    I've always been meaning to try Soto! Based on the nigiri alone, would you recommend it over Sushi Yasuda?

Comment

• AKA*NYC
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      BTW, apparently your wife decided to kill me. While we were sipping beer and talking Poell on that memorable spring night, she recommended some seafood place on sheepshead bay to my friends, so they twisted my hand into going there. jesus fucking christ - i've never seen so many rednecks in one place in new york city. the place gave me The Fear.

clementes? hahaha! it's more a goombah joint. the folks there are nice enough but definitely leave your designer duds at home.
      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• maldoror
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by danieldy View Post
        I've always been meaning to try Soto! Based on the nigiri alone, would you recommend it over Sushi Yasuda?
        no, I wouldn't. if you're planning on doing straight sushi, then yasuda is your best bet.

EDIT: but you could still do much better elsewhere in the world. unless you're really dying for a pure sushi experience, it seems to make more sense to eat someplace unique to the city while visiting. you could probably do a yasuda level sushi experience for ~$40 per person in tokyo.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
          clementes? hahaha! it's more a goombah joint. the folks there are nice enough but definitely leave your designer duds at home.
          Yo, man, I thought I was gonna go crazy in that place.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Canaduh0415
            • Feb 2008

Anyone eaten at Bubby's, any good? Looking for a killer burger and beer...but a place the ladies may enjoy aswell.....
            It has been a very difficult year

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Canaduh0415 View Post
              Anyone eaten at Bubby's, any good? Looking for a killer burger and beer...but a place the ladies may enjoy aswell.....
              Hell no. Stupid overpriced Tribeca crap. If you want a good burger/beer + lady friendly, go to Blue Ribbon Bakery.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Canaduh0415
                • Feb 2008

Thank you!!!!!.....

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Canaduh0415 View Post
                  Thank you!!!!!.....
                  You are welcome. I'll PM/text you as soon as slick lowrey confirms plans tomorrow. Need to juggle a few things.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

juggling works for me. thanks to jetlag, I wake up at 6:30 am
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Ok, cool.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• maldoror
                        • Jun 2007

blue ribbon bakery, while awesome, is $$$$ comfort food and I'd say the burger is not their strong point. fried chicken is awesome though, as is steak tartare, chilled half lobster, matzoh ball soup, bone marrow . . . mmmm . . . maybe it's time for some $$$$ comfort food for me right now.

but if you really just want an awesome burger and beer, then corner bistro is the place. fucking incredible burger for $6 and sierra nevada for $3. my fav burger in the city.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Yea, but you missed the lady part.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Canaduh0415
                            • Feb 2008

Yeah, lady friend likes the romantic, warmwood kind of atmosphere..so maybe brunch for the bistro...Faust, need to talk to you about something personal aswell, looking for some advice/help with something so I may need a half hour to chill w/ya....if you could factor that in I'd appreciate it, Mark

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

No problem.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DRRRK
                                • Aug 2009

Wow, I've just discovered this old thread just before I wanted to ask the questions that are already answered here. I'll be in New York from October 11th and except for shopping (Atelier finally) and concerts I have no information yet apart from the informations I have gathered for last year's trip. Thanks to all who have shared their experiences here. And a special thanks to Faust. The list on the first page should be enough for a couple of stays.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎