X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Blue Ribbon from my experience is ok, but not as good as it used to be, and prices have gone up a lot.

For burgers, I recall Corner Bistro being good, Burger&Barrel is ok. Minetta Tavern maybe?
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• lazyguru
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Atmosphere View Post
      You should try the burger at http://www.thespottedpig.com/. At least I'm going to next time I'm in New York.
      There are way better burgers out there than the spotted pig , The bun is the yummiest part but the meat is a little dry

Listen to Faust & also try the burger at Minetta tavern
      Go to the PIG only if you are looking for a scene

Comment

• MikeN
        • Nov 2007

I also agree that the spotted pig burger is nothing special. Of course the Minetta burger is amazing. I also love Paul's and Whitman's in the East Village. The Peter Luger burger, which is only served for lunch, and doesn't require a reservation, is my favorite in town. Unfortunately you have to go to Brooklyn to get it!

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

forgot about Paul's, it was pretty good
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Third on the pig that's been spotted. Fuck, I need to have that Luger burger. It's been on the hit list for way too long. Calling TheThief.

The secret at Paul's is to have the burger on the kaiser bun.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Atmosphere
              • Jan 2010

^ maybe that's yet another proof of the irrelevance of the guide Michelin... I actually found the price quite appealing, now I at least know why it's that cheap...

Comment

• ifalcon
                • Sep 2012

Dear lord in heaven, the Peter Luger burger is awesome. It's made from steak trimmings and is served plain. It's all about the meat. Although, make sure to get it with bacon and be friendly with the steak sauce. Plus, the restaurant itself is a real trip.

Also in Williamsburg, the burgers at DuMont and Diner are a mainstay. If by some freak chance you're looking for a turkey burger, Two Door Tavern nails it.

In the city, I have to agree with another poster about Burger & Barrel. It's my current favorite and doesn't seem to be as hyped as other places. Good luck out there. You're on a noble quest. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

• nahneun
                  • Feb 2011

for anyone who has had the opportunity to try both, how different are the steaks at the brooklyn and great neck peter luger locations? are they really that different or is the purported difference in taste a result of the difference in experience, ambiance, expectations, whatever?

i'm also going to give a thumbs up to the minetta tavern burger

Comment

• Ahimsa
                    Vegan Police
                    • Sep 2011

Chickpea & Olive make some pretty awesome beet burgers on brioche over at Smorgasburg in Brooklyn.
                    StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• endersgame
                      • Aug 2009

i used to remember really good sliders at shopsins topped with weird shit. this was awhile back at the old location. i think they relocated to the essex market...shame they moved, it was a damn good place to eat if Kenny didn't kick you out..

Comment

• ifalcon
                        • Sep 2012

Halloween

There's always lots going on for Halloween, but here are two things I thought I'd share.

Comment

• theaddict
                          • Apr 2008

Fourth on the spotted pig burger...totally overrated place. Minetta is great, but make sure to go for the black label signature burger and not the regular one.
                          Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Nomad_
                            • Jul 2012

aside from the delicious sounding burgers which i regretably haven't tried yet after just being in NYC last week,

Just heard on my local news network about NYC being hit by hurricane sandy, to all you local new yorker's and all people's near the coastline, I wish you all a safe pass of this storm

Toronto will be hit as well but not as bad for the coast as we'll be getting the after-storm leftovers i believe

Be safe out there

Comment

• TheThief
                              • Mar 2011

Hopefully this is Irene Part 2.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Fuck, I need to have that Luger burger. It's been on the hit list for way too long. Calling TheThief.
                              Lets do this thing soon. It's only a 10 minute walk.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

For sure! I'm in zone C, I'll swim to you.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎