X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

You are welcome. Wow, that was an epic post - I must have been really bored at work.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DRRRK
      • Aug 2009

I am at work at this moment. Don't tell anybody... I call it creativ breaks.

Comment

• scott.m
        • Mar 2009

today uniqlo's jil sander collaboration drops, it i 5:50 am, i've been up for 15 minutes and am getting ready to head out soon, god this is stupid.

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
          • Jan 2007

It probably won't even be that good :(

I like Uniqlo and I like Jil Sander, but the two together? Dunno, we've had this conversation before.
          Originally posted by jogu
          i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• MikeN
            • Nov 2007

We've already determined it will be bad, haha!

Comment

• BrettChaotix
              • Nov 2007

If anyone is interested, I created an NYC shopping map.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by scott.m View Post
                god this is stupid.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Trendy Andy
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Canaduh0415 View Post
                  Yeah, lady friend likes the romantic, warmwood kind of atmosphere..so maybe brunch for the bistro...Faust, need to talk to you about something personal aswell, looking for some advice/help with something so I may need a half hour to chill w/ya....if you could factor that in I'd appreciate it, Mark
                  I'm sure this is not a place where New York natives would go to have brunch but Gemma attached to the Bowery hotel has a real warm atmosphere and its perfect portion for brunch. You'll love the decor inside. Everything was delicious even down to the banana bread.

This is what we had last week when we were there:

Last edited by Trendy Andy; 10-06-2009, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• Trendy Andy
                    • Jun 2007

Daniel NYC on the Upper East Side is the shizz!

I was there in Manhattan for a 1.5 weeks toward the end of the Mercedes Benz fashion week and my favorite meal experience was at Daniel Boulud's flagship restaurant called Daniel.

My visit to Manhattan this time was much different. I went on a splurge when it came to fine dining on this trip: Megu, Morimoto, MomoFuku Ko, Jean George, Mercer's Kitchen, WD-50, Le Cirque, and others not mentioning.

At Daniel, I had the 6 course prix-fixe menu and everything I had including market special which was Foie Gras was mouthwatering. The Elysian Fields Farm Lamb Chop & Duo of Dry Aged Angus Beef (braised) melts rights in.

All the preparation and presentation involved were astounding. We would always have a server standing no further than 7 feet away. An ottoman stool would be placed next to you to lay your bags and our server would always seat you when you wish to leave or come back to the table. There meals would be brought altogether to you in a "sweeping" manner, meaning they would line up in a single file and present it to you from left to right and leave after in the same fashion.
                    The service is impeccable. To add on top of what we ordered, Daniel Boulud came by to our table informed us that he had asked his executive chef to whip up some additional desserts he plans to include in his upcoming seasonal menu. He wanted our opinions about it and offered us a basket full of fresh mini Madeline while we wait. It ended up being a 9 course meal by the time we stepped out of that place.

The establishment has recently been remodeled as well. Originally, the interior appeared more passé and traditional. When you first step inside, don't let the decorum or the environment get you down because its not intended to be hip or modern.

Perhaps the service results may vary based on the timing of your arrival (Hence, Daniel physically being there to oversee everything), but I can say in confidence that this particular place has made a huge impression for me and this will now set the standard.

Comment

• toulouse
                      • May 2009

The first sentence of post is screaming poster is the douchebag. The rest of the post confirms poster is the douchebag. Thank you for the lecture on obvious. Tell me. Is chicken feet the feet of chickens? Why not share moments of the experience on your palate? That would be more interesting than your soulless bellowing. Douchebag.
                      Originally posted by Trendy Andy View Post
                      I was there in Manhattan for a 1.5 weeks toward the end of the Mercedes Benz fashion week and my favorite meal experience was at Daniel Boulud's flagship restaurant called Daniel.

My visit to Manhattan this time was much different. I went on a splurge when it came to fine dining on this trip: Megu, Morimoto, MomoFuku Ko, Jean George, Mercer's Kitchen, WD-50, Le Cirque, and others not mentioning.

At Daniel, I had the 6 course prix-fixe menu and everything I had including market special which was Foie Gras was mouthwatering. The Elysian Fields Farm Lamb Chop & Duo of Dry Aged Angus Beef (braised) melts rights in.

All the preparation and presentation involved were astounding. We would always have a server standing no further than 7 feet away. An ottoman stool would be placed next to you to lay your bags and our server would always seat you when you wish to leave or come back to the table. There meals would be brought altogether to you in a "sweeping" manner, meaning they would line up in a single file and present it to you from left to right and leave after in the same fashion.
                      The service is impeccable. To add on top of what we ordered, Daniel Boulud came by to our table informed us that he had asked his executive chef to whip up some additional desserts he plans to include in his upcoming seasonal menu. He wanted our opinions about it and offered us a basket full of fresh mini Madeline while we wait. It ended up being a 9 course meal by the time we stepped out of that place.

The establishment has recently been remodeled as well. Originally, the interior appeared more pass? and traditional. When you first step inside, don't let the decorum or the environment get you down because its not intended to be hip or modern.

Perhaps the service results may vary based on the timing of your arrival (Hence, Daniel physically being there to oversee everything), but I can say in confidence that this particular place has made a huge impression for me and this will now set the standard.

________
                      CL360
                      Last edited by toulouse; 01-23-2011, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• comedyzen
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                        since we have various general threads on Paris, Tokyo and others, I figured we could use one on nyc

I'll start by asking; is a moderately priced, nice and modern hotel an impossible thing to find in the city? I remember staying at 60 thompson 3-4 years ago for $350, now their prices start at $700 and I can imagine the hotel has nothing but aged since then. giving up on a central location is probably the wise thing to do, so any ideas are welcome. I'm willing to spend something since its my birthday, but not as much per night as I'm paying for roundtrip flights from europe, which seems to be what most boutique hotels charge.

also, lets discuss food. whats good? casual places, "fast food" (cafes etc) and upscale restaurants.
                        Hi Mike, where is the Tokyo thread you speak of in this? I am looking for it now. If it is gone, I hope to start a new one. Thanks

Comment

• dolochov
                          • Aug 2009

This is a thread about tokyo, though there might be others.

Comment

• Trendy Andy
                            • Jun 2007

Wow, you certainly are the drama queen. From what I can gather, with only 10 post count, you've managed to pissed off more than one member on SZ.

All of Daniel Boulard's restaurant has names that sounds similar to one another so I didn't want people to be confused. I want to share my
                            positive experience with people on SZ. This is not for you to know but for others to try out. You can kiss my ass if you don't like it.

Originally posted by toulouse View Post
                            The first sentence of post is screaming poster is the douchebag. The rest of the post confirms poster is the douchebag. Thank you for the lecture on obvious. Tell me. Is chicken feet the feet of chickens? Why not share moments of the experience on your palate? That would be more interesting than your soulless bellowing. Douchebag.

Comment

• eris quod sum
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Trendy Andy View Post
                              I'm sure this is not a place where New York natives would go to have brunch but Gemma attached to the Bowery hotel has a real warm atmosphere and its perfect portion for brunch. You'll love the decor inside. Everything was delicious even down to the banana bread.

Quoting far after the fact, but I miss Gemma's brunch... The last time I went was before I moved to the city, but I think I might have to make plans to stop by soon. Always delicious.

Comment

• random
                                • Dec 2007

do we have a thread for Singapore? will be there in January. I am mainly thinking of delicious food there but would not mind good shopping location at all.
                                I don't exist.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎