Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • youuishype
    • Jul 2011

has anyone here been to peter lugers? getting mixed opinions..

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by youuishype View Post
      Going Monday to finally try the burger. Steak was fine, but I am not a steak lover.

Mixed reviews or not, a place like this you must visit once.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
        • Nov 2007

I'd still consider it the best in New York, maybe even the best I've ever had. Also the burger is my favorite burger in the world. This is coming from a big meat eater.

Comment

• LelandJ
          Banned
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Going Monday to finally try the burger. Steak was fine, but I am not a steak lover.

Do you know when they resolved the prolonged rat infestation? Hard to trust any restaurant owner who let's that go on for more than say two days.

Comment

• MikeN
            • Nov 2007

Just order the rat medium-rare and you'll be fine.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MikeN View Post
              Spoken like a true East Village denizen

Looking forward to the burger - been meaning to try it for ages.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bonejelly
                • Jul 2008

Coming to town may 31 to see Douglas P. please advise on any other interesting things happening that weekend.

Comment

• eleves
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post

I'd still consider it the best in New York, maybe even the best I've ever had. Also the burger is my favorite burger in the world. This is coming from a big meat eater.
                  Peter Luger does make a good classic burger which is fitting for a good classic place! As I continue my ongoing NY burger quest of the past 2 years, which included trying little no name spots and the big boys (Minetta Tavern, Spotted Pig, Peter Luger), I'd have to say that so far my favorite was at Hundred Acres on Macdougal. I've never had to wait for a seat there either which is another good thing.
                  Originally posted by Faust
                  HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• LelandJ
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2014

I recently dealt with a rat infestation in my attic and garage. They leave a lot of droppings that can transmit serious diseases. I like them cooked well in my Victor electrocution device, they have a distinctive odor when fried. Had to build a transfer box since I catch them live in my Havahart traps. I killed so many rats, like around 20 total, one survived the electrocution chamber and started convulsing violently as I went to dump it.

I worked in a good number of fine dining restaurants in the city and only ate at one of them, the rest were either too unsanitary, bad food, or usually both.

Comment

• fncyths
                      • Apr 2010

/ \ ummmm...

me thinks you posted in the wrong thread man, save that shit for the WTF thread

Originally posted by Shucks
                      it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                      Originally posted by interest1
                      I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• LelandJ
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2014

^ I was trying to get Faust to reconsider.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                          Peter Luger does make a good classic burger which is fitting for a good classic place! As I continue my ongoing NY burger quest of the past 2 years, which included trying little no name spots and the big boys (Minetta Tavern, Spotted Pig, Peter Luger), I'd have to say that so far my favorite was at Hundred Acres on Macdougal. I've never had to wait for a seat there either which is another good thing.
                          Yeah, but the crowd. don't you get indigestion from that?!

I'm from the former USSR, LelandJ, nothing scares me! Or in Gogol Bordello's famous words, "And I survived even fucking radiation!"

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LelandJ
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2014

You russkies like to lean into the sword. I used to ride ducatis with two former soviet dudes in/around the city/jersey who I considered honorary kamikazes.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Peter Lugers never disappoints. Personally I enjoy going with bigger groups so more sides/bacon/meat in general is ordered.

I read recently that Eleven Madison Park's steak is aged 140 days and that Batali's place in Vegas and a new place in Dallas offer a 240 day aged steak. I need to place it in my body asap. Will hit up the Dallas location next month potentially.
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• LelandJ
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2014

Waiting on a drunk Batali was probably the most embarrassing serving experience of my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎