Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeN
    • Nov 2007

We only get about 1 decent store every 5 years.

Comment

• DudleyGray
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by dji View Post
      any new stores worth checking out lately? spending the weekend again (DC is a shit hole), going to visit Idol, DSM, Rick and probably Patron of the New.
      Don't forget If and Odd.
      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

I liked ODD when I visited at the tail end of winter but was disappointed that they stopped carrying MA Julius. probably visit IF again as it's in the vicinity.

Comment

• DudleyGray
          • Jul 2013

Oh, sorry, I missed the "new" part. Just saw a list of things I liked that was missing other things I liked.
          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

I liked IF's buy this season much more than the last time I visited even if they still don't carry much in smaller sizes. ODD always has an interesting selection even if the labels they carry don't really gel with me. the Kofta geometric backpacks were pretty sweet though.

Patron of the New will be the temporary Julius flagstore for SS15 which sounds exciting.

also Ivan Ramen is all hype, flavours just aren't right. only passable dish we tried was the spicy red chilli ramen but I'd still rather a bowl of Shin Ramyun which is kinda sad..

Laut on the other hand is awesome. been craving Malaysian/Singaporean food for a while now and the char kway teow in particular really hit the spot. still no idea how they held a Michelin star for so long though..

Comment

• darkbydesign
              • Sep 2010

^^Stoked about the news of the Julius flagship.

I think Ivan is decent (not super authentic but tasted good to most people I've gone through there with) but Cannibal is fantastic. Eat there a few times a week and when they do things off-menu, it's quite good. Wish they'd just change up their menu daily (at least weekly) but I've learned that just doesn't happen often in NYC, I guess because there are so many options no one expects you back there more than once a month or year?

Comment

• gp_
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by dji View Post
                also Ivan Ramen is all hype, flavours just aren't right
                totally agree - most of my friends who've gone realllllly enjoyed it which is hard to understand.
                Last edited by gp_; 02-24-2016, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• RORORO
                  • May 2010

Anybody know if there are any NYC stockists of Mad et Len candles? Saw them at H. Lorenzo recently, want to buy one now.

Comment

• thinbuddha
                    • Jul 2011

friend just opened a bar in bushwick called boobie trap - it's pretty small but has amazing bbq. it's on the corner of irving and bleecker if anyone is interested.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by RORORO View Post
                      Anybody know if there are any NYC stockists of Mad et Len candles? Saw them at H. Lorenzo recently, want to buy one now.
                      Our own affiliate, Patron of the New. Don't forget to tell them you are from SZ.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• RORORO
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Our own affiliate, Patron of the New. Don't forget to tell them you are from SZ.
                        Thanks! They were out of the one I wanted, but I'll grab one when they get more in.

Another question: what NYC consignment store will provide top dollar for SZ-esque clothing? I have a Drkshadow jacket and some Attachment denim I'd like to get rid of. I've gone to a store on the Upper East Side in the past, but I'm wondering if a downtown store might not have an easier time pricing them higher.

Comment

• applecrisp
                          • Jun 2013

Try Ina?

I'm sure they wouldn't have trouble selling them.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

INA for sure. Go to the one on Prince St. ask to speak with Beijun or Courtney - actually, call ahead and schedule an appointment. You can tell them I sent you.

Tokyo7 if you want your money upfront but you will get less.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• swami
                              • Jul 2008

IDOL BROOKLYN

I know most locals frequent the store & my trip was long overdue but damn what an eclectic selection

Really interesting brands on the cusp of Street/Avant garde also loved the Japanese shoe brand that creates homage styles in vachetta , The Superstar would have been mine if they made a 7, UEG had some very cool stuff as well harkens back to Issey's FINAL HOMME.

There are also great pieces from DEEPTI / M.A+ etc , A pair of red derbies just waiting to be loved

IDOL is a must on your NYC list but I encourage peops to contact them vi a phone /email as well , great guys with great taste.

Long life IDOL

Idol Brooklyn, New York, New York. 14,409 likes. Local business

Comment

• BrianK
                                • Jan 2013

Any recommendations for Ramen restaurants in nyc?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎