• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
    recommended Cosignment stores for high end clothing?
    Recommend searching before posting.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kurta
      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
      Any recommendations for Ramen restaurants in nyc?
      I have many friends that swear by Minca in the East Village.
      http://www.newyorkramen.com/

The URL may be unoriginal, but I hear the shoyu ramen with pork is anything but. Everything made on-location, and more of a family-style operation than something like Ippudo.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleves
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by bonejelly View Post
          New Yorkers, give me your suggestions for gallery/exhibit must-hits this weekend.
          Murakami exhibit at Gagosian in Chelsea. A must see
          Originally posted by Faust
          HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Ahimsa
            Vegan Police
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by bonejelly View Post
            New Yorkers, give me your suggestions for gallery/exhibit must-hits this weekend.
            I'm going to the Killer Heels exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum this weekend. Don't know if it'll be any good though.
            StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• MikeN
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Warg
              I didn't see a post about it i hope i m not doubling one...

The biggest Egon Schiele show is now at the Neue Galarie!
              I will be going shortly! they have always had pieces but this time is OVER THE TOP!

And this happen to be when I just got one of his painting on my leg! What a perfect coincidence!

http://www.neuegalerie.org/content/e...le-portraits-0
              Nice, I've been meaning to check this out soon. My friend has a Schiele palm tattoo and I've got a Klimt on my arm.

Comment

• hausofblaq
                • Oct 2014

Hey SZ, what's your top go-to places if you were to tell a tourist like myself?
                I'm planning to visit NYC this winter, for only 4 days at most sadly, but I'd love to know about some lesser known places from locals!

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by hausofblaq View Post
                  Hey SZ, what's your top go-to places if you were to tell a tourist like myself?
                  I'm planning to visit NYC this winter, for only 4 days at most sadly, but I'd love to know about some lesser known places from locals!
                  What do you mean by places? Specific kinds or general areas?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hausofblaq
                    • Oct 2014

Warg, thanks for all the input! I'll be sure to check out your hair salon if I do have the time (which I doubt, so no promises!)

Faust, specific places or areas are both helpful, my time there will be pretty limited so I really want to plan out exactly where to go, whether it be a specific store or just interesting neighbourhoods to grab a bite to eat or look around.

So far on my list of places to go for sure include Top of the Rock for the view, MoMA, the Met, DSM, and the RO store (also the BBS store since Warg mentioned it's in the area).

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

BBS store is indeed two blocks away, and might as well stop at Patron of the New, a stone throw away.

When I show guests around NY I usually start at the bottom section of the High Line, walk through meatpacking district on West 14th, then down Bleecker St, switching to Downing St (parallel) before we hit 7th Ave, this turns into Houston St and continues into SoHo. I've done this so many times that I've been planning to map it out as public service, but never get around to it. The side streets all around that area are pretty, so if you have time, do meander.

For food all you need is Mike Nouveau's Instagram account - better than Zagat.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

Odd is a nice little store, interesting buys but unfortunately they stopped carrying MA Julius about a year ago now. didn't know about untitled, will check them out next time I'm in town.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

DJI, you do NOT want to go to Untitled, trust me. Barf.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hausofblaq
                            • Oct 2014

Thanks again Warg, Faust and dji!
                            I'm trying to absorb as much "culture" so to speak while I'm in New York. Coming from Vancouver in Canada, there's not much in terms of interesting or cultural neighbourhoods to take in.
                            I expect the visit to be quite the experience, and in context of this forum, especially the RO and BBS store. There's not many retailers where I'm from that carry brands that are discussed on SZ, and the collections that they do carry are quite limited.
                            On the other hand, I'm not sure how my bank account will feel about this trip...

Comment

• t-bone
                              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              For food all you need is Mike Nouveau's Instagram account - better than Zagat.
                              If Zagat were a 12-year-old boy. He still won't eat fish!

Comment

• MikeN
                                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by t-bone View Post
                                If Zagat were a 12-year-old boy. He still won't eat fish!
                                And everything you eat is in powdered supplement form!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎