X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
    Quick question for New Yorkers. Or at least for people who stay in hotels in NYC. So actually not for New Yorkers, whatever.
    Am going in late Jan, hotel wise been given the choice between Bowery and Library, which one would you go for (yes, I have to be in midtown)?
    library is cozier, slightly less annoying crowd, imo.
    BPH is ttly corporate but trying not to be....
    also the park is a christmas zoo right now, but some people enjoy that.
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
      Quick question for New Yorkers. Or at least for people who stay in hotels in NYC. So actually not for New Yorkers, whatever.
      Am going in late Jan, hotel wise been given the choice between Bowery and Library, which one would you go for (yes, I have to be in midtown)?
      neither. for you, dick oven store on hudson.
      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

Originally posted by laika View Post
        library is cozier, slightly less annoying crowd, imo.
        BPH is ttly corporate but trying not to be....
        also the park is a christmas zoo right now, but some people enjoy that.
        Cheers, I was leaning towards Library as well. Will give it a try, I usually stay at 60 Thompson (because it's walking distance to RO and A and everything else) or Tribeca Grand, but I don't actually like either of them (especially TG), so looking forward to something new... thanks Laika.
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• mrbeuys
          • May 2008

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
          neither. for you, dick oven store on hudson.
          See above...
          Can't this time, I am not paying so need to go with the flow and have a car on stand-by to head south... (and I am only half kidding)
          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Macro
            • Apr 2008

Has anyone covered HEALTHY restaurants yet? We all select what goes ON our bodies with care, but what about what goes IN our bodies?

anyway, here's my vegetable rant.

Souen Macrobiotic
            --------------------
            Several locations. They serve fish/seafood, but no dairy, meat, eggs, sugar, chemicals, etc. All organic. Simple preparations, natural flavors, japanese influenced.

210 6th Avenue at Prince Street - Very close to A. Smaller kitchen means smaller batches, smaller batches means better quality food.

28 E 13th Street - The bigger of the two. Very close to Union sq.

326 E 6th Street - Organic Ramen is the focus here. Small and friendly. Go here instead of Momofuku.

Angelica's Kitchen
            --------------------
            300 E 12th Street - Organic Vegan food. Community table has always led to interesting discussion. More spices and contemporary dishes here than Souen.

Caravan of Dreams
            --------------------
            405 E 6th Street - Down the block from Souen Ramen is this half Raw half Cooked quirky little place. Organic Vegan. Live music nightly. Have seen the Olsen twins here slurping up fresh coconut water and the best Nachos i've ever had.

Counter Vegetable Bistro & Organic Bar
            ------------------
            105 1st Avenue. Organic everything... even liquor. Had some incredible Bourbon there. Chic atmosphere, not earthy like all of the above :)

The Organic Grill
            ------------------
            123 First Avenue. small, cozy, unpretentious menu. They serve fish. Best Organic tea selection i've found in the city.

Candle 79
            -----------------
            154 E 79th Street - Quite possibly the most elegant Organic Vegan restaurant i've ever been to. pricey, but worth it for a decadent meal. Has been called one of the finest restaurants in all of NYC.

if any of you meat-eaters are feeling an adventure, these are some great places to start learning how to taste pure vegetable goodness. :)
            every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Thanks, Macro. No wonder you are in good shape.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• misterpale
                • Apr 2008

hmmm...have you ever been to berghain at all?we´ll hit the spot on january 1st late afternoon after a good breakfast.best time to do it.and if t´s crowded - who cares?it´s fucking big inside and i like to part of an overloaded crazy crowd.if you have ever been in,you know what i mean.

..looking forward to listen some good sets from beyer,faki,cassy....

i agree with you sa regarding pricing on nye,but 18€ isn´t that expensive.i also agree with bad parties on nye..BUT: it´s marko´s bday on january 1sT...and a night/day/night at berghain/panorama bar is much fun - you know that,grandpa ;-)

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                Don't do it! I am in Berlin quite frequently and have managed to avoid the Berghain until now for the same reason. I'll be in Berlin for a private house party of a friend and can't think of anything better for new year's eve. All nye parties in clubs have been disappointing to disastrous. Especially 3 years ago at the Rio club.
                Strange to post this in the NY thread! Sorry.
                Last edited by misterpale; 12-30-2009, 12:34 AM.

Comment

• kbi
                  • Feb 2009

what are cab fees like in the city? Like from JFK to the center?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

$45 flat fee, last time I checked. Make reservations for a shuttle bus instead.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kbi
                      • Feb 2009

ok thanks man!

Comment

• endersgame
                        • Aug 2009

JFK Airtrain $5
                        LIRR Jamaica to Penn Station $8
                        about 40 min..

You're gonna take public transportation here anyway, might as well start from the airport.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                          • May 2008

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                          JFK Airtrain $5
                          LIRR Jamaica to Penn Station $8
                          about 40 min..

You're gonna take public transportation here anyway, might as well start from the airport.
                          Or if you are a baller, fly Virgin Upper Class and get a chauffeur.
                          For the price of a CCP leather.

Comment

• endersgame
                            • Aug 2009

ballers fly gulfstream v's..

and take the airtrain from the airport..

Comment

• May 2007

I love Souen, I order from their soho restaurant almost every day. Republic on Union Square is also great healthy food though not vegetarian. I also like spring Street natural.

I heard Caravan of dreams wasn't that good but haven't been there myself.

Originally posted by Macro View Post
                              Has anyone covered HEALTHY restaurants yet? We all select what goes ON our bodies with care, but what about what goes IN our bodies?

anyway, here's my vegetable rant.

Souen Macrobiotic
                              --------------------
                              Several locations. They serve fish/seafood, but no dairy, meat, eggs, sugar, chemicals, etc. All organic. Simple preparations, natural flavors, japanese influenced.

210 6th Avenue at Prince Street - Very close to A. Smaller kitchen means smaller batches, smaller batches means better quality food.

28 E 13th Street - The bigger of the two. Very close to Union sq.

326 E 6th Street - Organic Ramen is the focus here. Small and friendly. Go here instead of Momofuku.

Angelica's Kitchen
                              --------------------
                              300 E 12th Street - Organic Vegan food. Community table has always led to interesting discussion. More spices and contemporary dishes here than Souen.

Caravan of Dreams
                              --------------------
                              405 E 6th Street - Down the block from Souen Ramen is this half Raw half Cooked quirky little place. Organic Vegan. Live music nightly. Have seen the Olsen twins here slurping up fresh coconut water and the best Nachos i've ever had.

Counter Vegetable Bistro & Organic Bar
                              ------------------
                              105 1st Avenue. Organic everything... even liquor. Had some incredible Bourbon there. Chic atmosphere, not earthy like all of the above :)

The Organic Grill
                              ------------------
                              123 First Avenue. small, cozy, unpretentious menu. They serve fish. Best Organic tea selection i've found in the city.

Candle 79
                              -----------------
                              154 E 79th Street - Quite possibly the most elegant Organic Vegan restaurant i've ever been to. pricey, but worth it for a decadent meal. Has been called one of the finest restaurants in all of NYC.

if any of you meat-eaters are feeling an adventure, these are some great places to start learning how to taste pure vegetable goodness. :)

Comment

• comex9
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by kbi View Post
                                what are cab fees like in the city? Like from JFK to the center?
                                don't go without making a reservation with a cab service before arriving. take one from the airport line and I assure you it'll be more than $45 that Faust quoted.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎