Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeN
    • Nov 2007

What are you talking about? It's $45 flat to anywhere in Manhattan, plus toll and tip.

I fly a lot. I tell the driver to take the Williamsburg bridge, avoid the tunnels, and tip him $5. $50 total.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

f you're paying more than $45 you're being ripped off.

I was just travelling with two people plus luggage so we couldn't fit into a regular cab, so we took a car from Dial7 for $40. few bucks cheaper than a taxi and you have a driver waiting for you at the airport door, not bad imo.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
        f you're paying more than $45 you're being ripped off.

I was just travelling with two people plus luggage so we couldn't fit into a regular cab, so we took a car from Dial7 for $40. few bucks cheaper than a taxi and you have a driver waiting for you at the airport door, not bad imo.
        Been using Dial7 for years, never fails

Comment

• endersgame
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          (cafes etc)
          sant ambreus

Comment

• comex9
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
            What are you talking about? It's $45 flat to anywhere in Manhattan, plus toll and tip.

I fly a lot. I tell the driver to take the Williamsburg bridge, avoid the tunnels, and tip him $5. $50 total.
            Whenever i go from JFK or lga to mineola and I don't set up a taxi beforehand, it can be $60 and over....

guess i'm talking about long island prices. even though mineola/garden city can be the same distance from the airports as manhattan.

anyways, my mistake.

Comment

• kbi
              • Feb 2009

What's the chances on broadway shows or NHL matches (NYR) being sold out under the week in NY?

I was just about to buy some tickets for february when I saw that they have pretty steep "broker" fees plus shipping costs (no option to just pick up tickets at the box).. same with NHL tickets as they're dealing with tickets from season card holders.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

brokers tend to have pretty steep fees, check with the theatre if they have rush / last minute tickets. I've bought tickets at the time of the show from the theatre box office (sold out show), ended up costing 1/3 of what some broker would've wanted. but there is of course the chance that they wont have any left.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kbi View Post
                  What's the chances on broadway shows or NHL matches (NYR) being sold out under the week in NY?

I was just about to buy some tickets for february when I saw that they have pretty steep "broker" fees plus shipping costs (no option to just pick up tickets at the box).. same with NHL tickets as they're dealing with tickets from season card holders.
                  newyork.craigslist.org/tix

Should be able to get Rangers at face value. For theater, depends - if the play is not a hot ticket, can get at half price at TKTS on the same day.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kbi
                    • Feb 2009

thanks man! Annnnd another question: I know this has probably been asked umpteen times... I'll just shoot.

I'll be in new york during the fashion week (by coinsidence) However are there any shows that are open to public or where one can get tickets or is anybody not going to be attending who has got tickets?

cheers

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Heh, good luck with that one...
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kbi
                        • Feb 2009

Was worth a try I guess I'd suggest swiss cheese for tickets trade. Pm me!

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

How about a Swiss watch?! ;-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
                            • Nov 2007

NY shows are way easier to crash than the Paris shows. I know THAT from experience!

Comment

• kbi
                              • Feb 2009

Which makes me think of the two cool watches I saw today, just to take it a bit off topic. one classic, one sporty (for the top gun pilots among us)

Oh well there'll be enough to do without visiting fashion shows (+1 day enjoying my architecture guide :P)..I think that's it with my questions to NY for now.Thanks again! I'll be back..

Comment

• polishmike
                                • Jan 2007

to be honest, there aren't many shows in ny worth going to.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎