X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roupas
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Real Real View Post
    I'm going to Antwerp for a long weekend at the end of next month. Really looking forward to a long night at Kulminator.

Anyone have a hotel recommendation? How about a cafe/breakfast? Also, anyone know if there's a good place to find VB and Margiela from past seasons?
    VB had her final stock sale a few weeks ago. Usually you see items from stock sales appearing in second hand stores a few days later (at higher prices of course), so you can have a try there. There was one in Kammenstraat, the street next to the nationalestraat where yohji sien etc are, but I never pass there anymore so I don't know if it's still there.

Margiela can only be found in Louis for all I know, but if you have time you can go to the margiela store in Brussels which is a 40 min train ride. I don't know if they have past seasons in stock there as it's really small and they don't seem to have a storage room. Maybe call Hendrik at Stijl, who is also the owner of the margiela store, first to check that.

Comment

• roupas
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Catfood View Post
      Didn't need reservations when I ate there last at least, but that was a while back.

Second the fiskebar recommendation, excellent place for lunch after spending some time at the Ann store..

Have you tried het Pomphuis? www.hetpomphuis.be

It housed, still has them actually, the pumps used to pump a dock. It's a "grand" place with very high ceilings and the food is nice. It's a little out of the city though, not way out, but you'll have to take a 10 min cab to get there.

And if the weather is nice, try het zuiderterras: www.zuiderterras.be. The food is nice, but the terrace view is better and actually the only reason why I'd recommend you go there. You're seated right next to the Schelde and when the occasional ship passes you can feel the ground trembling a little.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Real Real View Post
        I'm going to Antwerp for a long weekend at the end of next month. Really looking forward to a long night at Kulminator.

Anyone have a hotel recommendation? How about a cafe/breakfast? Also, anyone know if there's a good place to find VB and Margiela from past seasons?
        Budget? VB and Margiela, yeah, at IF boutique. Wait, that's in New York! Try Labels Inc, it's a consignment shop.

I also highly recommend MoMu's bookshop (and check out my Antwerp guide on Scoute)
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Real Real
          • Feb 2007

Thanks Faust - my budget is probably $150-$250 a night?

Might check out IF this weekend.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

The basement sale is over.

Some recommendations (both by Ann's store, naturally ).

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Bosozoku
              • Sep 2008

I personally love Britselei 37, which is run by a British couple and renowned for their personal service. Fair is around 150-175 USD a night.

Comment

• Real Real
                • Feb 2007

Thanks for the recommendations - came across Britselei 37, that one looks great.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Bump. Will be in Antwerp again. Recommendations, especially for a hotel/b&b, please.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• teeteet
                    • Dec 2009

ROOM NATIONAL

I highly recommend this B&B situated right next to MoMu, and a stone throw away from Dries Van Noten. Owner used to work in the fashion industry for a notable brand, had a good chat with him. It's been a few years but I hope they are still going strong.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Yeah, I considered it, but a little out of my budget. I rented another room of that type, pretty much next door.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Bump. Will be in Antwerp again. Recommendations, especially for a hotel/b&b, please.
                        No recommendations on that front, but if you can find the time, bierhuis kulminator is like nowhere else in the world.
                        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

I will make sure my visit will kulminate with the bierhuis!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• teeteet
                            • Dec 2009

They have these unique sales called STOCK SALES in Antwerp, usually held in April and October. Back in July 2009, I bought a bunch of unreleased Veronique Branquinho SS2010 at rock bottom prices. So sad, really.

Comment

• tobsucht
                              • Feb 2011

will be in gent, antwerp and brussels in late december. recommendations for places to visit or where to dine&drink are highly appreciated.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

You can eat well pretty much anywhere in Belgium - they have very high standards of regulation when it comes to food. And, Belgian beer, yum.

In the coming weeks I will be writing the "New Antwerp Shopping Guide" for sz-mag.com

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎