• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BSR
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
    whose life goals is to feel "in".
    but isn't it a very common life goal (not only fashion week related)?

i find it funny that from a probably very external point of view like our new friend cheapcheaps', fashion week is more or less similar to disneyland. indeed, from an anthropological pov it's not very remote.
    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I can't tell if you're being serious or trolling, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.. I would recommend starting your adveture by googling "fashion week" to find out what it is.

"A fashion week is a fashion industry event, lasting approximately one week, wherein fashion designers, brands or "houses" display their latest collections in runway shows to buyers and the media."

While this is all true, it's also undeniably true that fashion weeks are sort of a playground for some people who want to loiter around shows, whose life goals are to be noticed and photographed or to feel "in". Perhaps this is what you are asking about? If so, sure you can do that, but you won't get to most shows - I'd say 0-1 out of the ones you mention unless you have an actual reason to be there (or good contacts).
      It's not uncommon for rich clients to get invitations to shows, usually through stores that share theirs or directly from brands. Sounds like one of those cases. It's especially egregious at big brands like Chanel and LV, but definitely happens also at Rick, Comme, etc.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cheapcheaps
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Geoffrey B. Small View Post
        Before you go too far with your planning and all your questions, you may need to get your dates right.
        Thank you, I was very confused over the website http://fashionweekonline.com/ .
        The correct dates are “Wednesday, June 22nd to Sunday, June 26th, 2016”.

I can't tell if you're being serious or trolling, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.. I would recommend starting your adveture by googling "fashion week" to find out what it is.

"A fashion week is a fashion industry event, lasting approximately one week, wherein fashion designers, brands or "houses" display their latest collections in runway shows to buyers and the media."

While this is all true, it's also undeniably true that fashion weeks are sort of a playground for some people who want to loiter around shows, whose life goals are to be noticed and photographed or to feel "in". Perhaps this is what you are asking about? If so, sure you can do that, but you won't get to most shows - I'd say 0-1 out of the ones you mention unless you have an actual reason to be there (or good contacts).
        Thank you very much for this valuable advice, I really appreciate posts like this. I’m posting here because I thought you could help me for some reason in your case you just like to mug people who have no clue right?

I didn’t realize that so few people are privately attending Fashion Week and I would like to apologize my first attempt in asking my questions. I thought private people would attend Fashion Week quite frequently especially in High Fashion. I would like to attend Fashion Week because I am really interested and not because my life goal is to show off or some other sort of attention seeking. I have the possibility to go and like to take the chance, as Faust said:
        Originally posted by Faust View Post
        It's not uncommon for rich clients to get invitations to shows, usually through stores that share theirs or directly from brands. Sounds like one of those cases. It's especially egregious at big brands like Chanel and LV, but definitely happens also at Rick, Comme, etc.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

No harm done. Lowery is understandably suspicious because really fashion weeks have to some degree become an irritable circus that gets in the way of professionals doing their job (press covering/analyzing the shows and buyers getting an idea of what they are going to buy).
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Faust is right, the main reason I was skeptical is that there is so much peacocking nowadays and people going just to show off. Also, you mentioned "buying tickets", which mislead me to think that you were not being invited by someone (whether it be a store or a label). Good for you if you are, in that case you will find out all the practical information when you get invitations.

As far as dress code, you can wear anything from sweatpants to a rainbow colored spaceman outfit, and you would fit in fine. There are all sorts of people, some dress up some dress down, some dress over the top and some barely do. Some wear the label which is showing, others dont. you'll litereally find people who look like they are homeless to people who look like they are from an editorial shoot.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I recommend a gas mask, like one dude wore before the Rick Owens show. Needless to say, he wasn't there to actually attend the show.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by cheapcheaps View Post
                Thank you, I was very confused

read here

In the past few years, I've bought eighty-one leather jackets. Dozens of boots and leather gloves. I've purchased pants that cost $5,000. I own a $22,000 coat. This winter I took a tour of Milan's Fashion Week (all expenses paid by Gucci, in appreciation of my many, many purchases), where I spent tens of thousands more and began to seriously grapple, once and for all, with a compulsion that could cost me more than just my life savings. My name is Buzz Bissinger. I am 58 years old, the best-selling author of 'Friday Night Lights,' father of three, husband. And I am a shopaholic

this will get you into lots of show........
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

That was epic.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

indeed,

Maybe I should cross post in the articles archive
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Mattiassa
                      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                      read here

In the past few years, I've bought eighty-one leather jackets. Dozens of boots and leather gloves. I've purchased pants that cost $5,000. I own a $22,000 coat. This winter I took a tour of Milan's Fashion Week (all expenses paid by Gucci, in appreciation of my many, many purchases), where I spent tens of thousands more and began to seriously grapple, once and for all, with a compulsion that could cost me more than just my life savings. My name is Buzz Bissinger. I am 58 years old, the best-selling author of 'Friday Night Lights,' father of three, husband. And I am a shopaholic

this will get you into lots of show........

That was indeed a great article. And extreme in many ways of course. Also it tangents shopping addiction which I myself don't suffer from, but I can easily understand how one can be drawn into that. Fashion and desire play very well together.

Comment

• saniityhd
                        • Dec 2013

I dont know if this is supposed to go here, since the showroom/buying-week might not be directly related to the runway-week.
                        This summer I am going to Paris for the first time to do the buying for the store I work at. I got a very spontaneus offer to assist with the buying of two shoe-brands earlier this year, where I supposedly must have done a good job to be invited to go to Paris. The thing is that this is all very new to me. I have a strong opinion about what items I like and dislike, aswell as me being quite young, more accurately 21, might help the stores "newer" image get in place.
                        Why im writing here for advice is cause I am quite nervous cause I want to do a good job and I dont want to be overly shocked by the atmosphere.
                        Is the buying-week as hectic as the fashion week? How does the buying from a brand go down in the showrooms? I know this differs and I also know I will get this information from my colleague, but I am a person who needs to prepare for things like these a long time ahead.
                        More specifically I am going to help with the purchase of brands like Marni, CDG, Cote et Ciel etcetc. I am not going to attend any exhibitions, showrooms only.
                        Are there any unwritten rules? Is it frowned upon asking the people working at the showrooms for alot of specifics about the garments or is that usually how things go down?
                        Thanks for the possible help and you may of course delete this reply if it is in the wrong section ( just thought it might fit here ). :-)

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Temporary schedule online. No Julius. And no Saint-Laurent.

wednesday 22 june 2016
                          10 am LUCIEN PELLAT FINET Voir invitation / See invitation
                          11 am FACETASM Voir invitation / See invitation
                          12 pm BALENCIAGA Voir invitation / See invitation
                          1:30 pm OAMC Voir invitation / See invitation
                          2:30 pm LEMAIRE Voir invitation / See invitation
                          3:30 pm Y/PROJECT Voir invitation / See invitation
                          4:30 pm WALTER VAN BEIRENDONCK Voir invitation / See invitation
                          5:30 pm VALENTINO Voir invitation / See invitation
                          7 pm réservé / reserved Voir invitation / See invitation
                          8 pm HAIDER ACKERMANN Voir invitation / See invitation

thursday 23 june 2016
                          10:30 am LOUIS VUITTON Voir invitation / See invitation
                          11:30 am BORIS BIDJAN SABERI Voir invitation / See invitation
                          12:30 pm RICK OWENS Voir invitation / See invitation
                          1:30 pm KOLOR Voir invitation / See invitation
                          2:30 pm ISSEY MIYAKE MEN Voir invitation / See invitation
                          3:30 pm JULIEN DAVID Voir invitation / See invitation
                          4:30 pm ANDREA CREWS Voir invitation / See invitation
                          6 pm YOHJI YAMAMOTO Voir invitation / See invitation (Paris 3e)
                          7 pm DRIES VAN NOTEN Voir invitation / See invitation
                          8 pm PIGALLE PARIS Voir invitation / See invitation

friday 24 june 2016
                          10 am JUNYA WATANABE MAN Voir invitation / See invitation
                          11 am MAISON MARGIELA Voir invitation / See invitation
                          12 pm ANN DEMEULEMEESTER Voir invitation / See invitation (Paris 16e)
                          1 pm JUUN.J Voir invitation / See invitation (Paris 16e)
                          2 pm 22/4_HOMMES Voir invitation / See invitation (Paris 16e)
                          3 pm CHRISTIAN DADA Voir invitation / See invitation
                          4 pm CERRUTI Voir invitation / See invitation (Paris 1er)
                          5 pm COMME DES GARCONS HOMME PLUS Voir invitation / See invitation
                          6 pm GIVENCHY Voir invitation / See invitation
                          8 pm BERLUTI Voir invitation / See invitation

saturday 25 june 2016
                          10 am KENZO Voir invitation / See invitation
                          11 am SACAI Voir invitation / See invitation
                          12 pm AVOC Voir invitation / See invitation
                          1 pm ÉTUDES Voir invitation / See invitation
                          3 pm DIOR HOMME Voir invitation / See invitation
                          4 pm WOOYOUNGMI Voir invitation / See invitation
                          5 pm BALMAIN Voir invitation / See invitation
                          6 pm HENRIK VIBSKOV Voir invitation / See invitation
                          7 pm WHITE MOUNTAINEERING Voir invitation / See invitation
                          8 pm HERMÈS Voir invitation / See invitation
                          9 pm AMI ALEXANDRE MATTIUSSI Voir invitation / See invitation

sunday 26 june 2016
                          10 am OFFICINE GÉNÉRALE Voir invitation / See invitation
                          11 am LANVIN Voir invitation / See invitation
                          12 pm AGNÈS B. Voir invitation / See invitation
                          2 pm RYNSHU Voir invitation / See invitation
                          3 pm SEAN SUEN Voir invitation / See invitation
                          4 pm PAUL SMITH Voir invitation / See invitation (Paris 1er)
                          5 pm OFF-WHITE Voir invitation / See invitation
                          6 pm THOM BROWNE Voir invitation / See invitation
                          7:30 pm reserve / reserved Voir invitation / See invitation

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

Saint Laurent is doing a combined mens and womens show in october
                            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                              • May 2014

why would balenciaga release a lookbook for men's fw 16/17 if they are showing the same collection during PFW.....

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by PurpleJesuss View Post
                                why would balenciaga release a lookbook for men's fw 16/17 if they are showing the same collection during PFW.....
                                Are you sure it wasn't pre-collection?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎