X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • franz
    • Mar 2011

Grrr can't believe I missed it (again).
    I'll make sure to check announcements more regularly 6months from now!
    Originally posted by Faust
    True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• Dreavan
      • Mar 2012

Good job for Issei pictures on SZ magazine btw.

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
        • Jan 2007

What's up this season? I'll be there for work from June 26 to May 3, but might see if I can already come a day or two earlier.
        Originally posted by jogu
        i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Open bar 10 - 11 p.m.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

/\
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Dreavan
              • Mar 2012

Thank you E., it was an amazing party.

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

Unfortunately couldn't make it to the party, folks were in Paris and just announced the engagement to them so didn't leave their hotel till midnight. We did spy Eugene and Arto at the Julius show though, we were just behind you guys to the left. ;)

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dreavan View Post
                  Thank you E., it was an amazing party.
                  You are welcome! I thought the party was a great success! Never seen Silencio packed like this. And Niki Pauls rocked!

Next time, dii. And don't be shy - I love meeting forum members. One tribe.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dreavan
                    • Mar 2012

Yes the music was just awesome and the Silencio so crowded ... but with a nice bunch of people. I met so many interesting people really looking forward to meeting other people to share some ideas and discuss about it.

Had the chance for a small talk with Boris and Uma Wang too so quite a great experience so far.

I hope to be there next season :)

Comment

• lazyguru
                      • Jun 2008

Lobbying Faust & SZ crew for a review/breakdown every season RO et al at the end of each fashion week .... please please

Lets make it an SZ exclusive

Comment

• 550BC
                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Dreavan View Post

Had the chance for a small talk with Boris and Uma Wang too so quite a great experience so far.

I hope to be there next season :)
                        Boris was quite open and not so private as before this season, pretty much a lot of people were able to have a small talk with him after his show, it was a great experience after visiting several shows and not meeting him, to finally meet him this season.

Wish I was the SZ party, I returned the day before.
                        Faust, Is the next one is in January? or also one in September?
                        a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lazyguru View Post
                          Lobbying Faust & SZ crew for a review/breakdown every season RO et al at the end of each fashion week .... please please

Lets make it an SZ exclusive
                          Breakdown of what? I publish a summary of my impressions every season on the magazine's website. The article is in the fashion media section.

550, I don't go for women's, so, January.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cheapcheaps
                            • Aug 2014

Questions about Fashion Week Paris

Hello StyleZeitgeist Friends,

This is my 2nd Post here so if I'm doing something wrong please tell me .

I'm planing to go to Men's Fashion Week SS/17 September 27 2016 – October 5 2016 "Ready to wear" with my brother.
                            I have some Questions concerning it, because it will be my first time attending a Fashion Week.
                            I would be very thankful for any advice.

We would have invites, if we would go, to RICK OWENS, DRIES VAN NOTEN, VETEMENTS, YOHJI YAMAMOTO, ANN DEMEULEMEESTER, HAIDER ACKERMANN, SAINT LAURENT, BORIS BIDJAN SABERI and maybe some more. (Not bought)
                            I heard we should stay in close proximity within those Venues.
                            We're planning to go by car from Switzerland to Paris and leave it at the Hotel.

What is more interesting, "Ready to wear" or "Men's Fashion" Week?

I read, that when we want to visit other shows we must buy Tickets, right?
                            What content should be in the mail, when we contact the sellers?

Have we got enough time to move from one venue to the next?

How should we move? By foot right?

Do you wear outfits day for day or show to show? Is it OK if we're dressed in RO at (per example) DRIES VAN NOTEN if we haven't got time to change?

Is it a good Idea to drive to Paris or would you recommend us to travel per plane?

We would love to attend some Parties in the evenings, how do we get invites or do we have to "buy us in"? We would also love to attend the SteilZeitgeist Party posted by FAUST if there will be one.

Thank you in advance

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                              • Nov 2007

Before you go too far with your planning and all your questions, you may need to get your dates right. Men's week for shows is in June. If you go to Paris in September-October you will be going to the Women's week not the Men's and all the shows taking place will be for women's collections. Also, the invitations to shows are not bought, you will need to be invited. Normally, you need to be in the trade or related to the interests of the firm (buyer, journalist, blogger, colleague, cool person, celebrity etc.), or know someone running the show well enough to get an invitation. Fashion students and fans often develop very innovative tricks and techniques. Have fun and good luck- but make sure you are going to the right week you want to see... cheers, Geoffrey

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by cheapcheaps View Post
                                Hello StyleZeitgeist Friends,

This is my 2nd Post here so if I'm doing something wrong please tell me .
                                I can't tell if you're being serious or trolling, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.. I would recommend starting your adveture by googling "fashion week" to find out what it is.

"A fashion week is a fashion industry event, lasting approximately one week, wherein fashion designers, brands or "houses" display their latest collections in runway shows to buyers and the media."

While this is all true, it's also undeniably true that fashion weeks are sort of a playground for some people who want to loiter around shows, whose life goals are to be noticed and photographed or to feel "in". Perhaps this is what you are asking about? If so, sure you can do that, but you won't get to most shows - I'd say 0-1 out of the ones you mention unless you have an actual reason to be there (or good contacts).
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎