• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

Randomness

Thought i'd start a thread in the vein of Random Thoughts on Sufu.
    Let the stream of conscious flow.
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

People tend to find patterns in random numbers and rarely believe they're random numbers, whereas they tend to think of non-random numbers chosen with high variance as very random.

Also, it's weird that you can have a truly random number generator with low entropy (i.e. a 100 sided die with 0 on 99 sides and 1 on the 100th can be used to generate truly random numbers, but their entropy is very low).
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I like Hitchens - I can't help it.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

hitchens is to liberals as sullivan is to conservatives. i am okay with this and enjoy reading him.

Comment

• Magician
          • Jul 2008

i like Hitchens too. His skepticism and support of rational thought make up for some of his more disagreeable political inclinations.

I really enjoyed God is Not Great
          Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Fade to Black
            • Sep 2008

Speaking of Sufu random thoughts - i went there to take a peek today and someone changed all the tags in the Random thoughts thread...i wonder who was behind that. Obviously not me, since i was the thread started, but i'm also banned..."misterpretender's 2nd thumb?" lolwut

my random thought of the day is....i think the adult world is often so much more bizarre, random and fucked up than anything dreamed up in fiction. To say that my world, as I know it, is unravelling thread by thread would be an understatement...this is more like the first time a kid gets talked into getting on a roller coaster by being told "let's go here for some coffee."
            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Real Real
              • Feb 2007

While taking a tour of a camp in Kiev, Heinrich Himmler reportedly fainted at the sight of an injured prisoner's blood.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Real Real View Post
                While taking a tour of a camp in Kiev, Heinrich Himmler reportedly fainted at the sight of an injured prisoner's blood.
                That would be some macabre humor.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

At the age of 30 (or was is it older?) Himmler went to his buddy Hitler (this was before they gained power in Germany) in tears and told him he was a virgin and terrified of his incoming nuptial night. Behold the race of lords!

On the same topic I can't watch a WWII movie, no matter how sappy, without being overwhelmed by emotion at some point during the viewing.
                  Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Real Real
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                    On the same topic I can't watch a WWII movie, no matter how sappy, without being overwhelmed by emotion at some point during the viewing.
                    Not to be melodramatic, but every so often, my thoughts will randomly cross over some part of that whole era (Hitler/Stalin/Mao) and it'll fuck me up for a couple of hours...I end up walking around quietly or mindlessly checking sports scores/news blogs.

Comment

• kunk75
                      Banned
                      • May 2008

^ i feel like that after watching old school.

Comment

• Real Real
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                        ^ i feel like that after watching old school.
                        Hahaha...actually, I felt like that after seeing Eva Green in the Dreamers, too.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Hahaha...actually, I felt like that after seeing Eva Green in the Dreamers, too.
                          That movie sucked, but she's smoking...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Two weird reflexes of the body:

Ear Cough reflex- there is a little branch of your Vagus nerve that goes to your ear canal. So sometimes when you put a Q tip in too far you'll stimulate this nerve and it'll cause you to cough or get a throat tickle.

Oculocardiac reflex- pressure on the eyeball slows your heart rate (via the same nerve for the ear cough reflex)

Oh, and i always had a soft spot for Kristin Kreuk of Smallville fame. Haaaay giiiiiiirl!
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

i have watched flash gordon from 1981 with sam jones 398 times as of yesterday. i have been proud of this 0 times.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎