X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hobo
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
    Becoming a vegetarian isn't as hard as I thought it would be. It is actually a lot of fun learning how to cook new things, and being creative with what I eat out of necessity. I've since made vegetarian chili, chana masala--and tonight--some Chinese soup with bak choi, shitake mushrooms and tofu, in homemade veggie broth.

Try being a raw food vegan! I find a healthy dose of alcoholism helps me!
    "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

totally random observation; at 1:36 theres a dude wearing one of the n(n) fw09 head pieces / masks
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• calv
        • May 2009

Stuck at the trainstation but luckily have the iPhone to browse SZ..

Comment

• DRRRK
          • Aug 2009

^...and overrunnig other people.

Comment

• Vanna
            • May 2008

Originally posted by snafu View Post
            soup sounds great...but i would have too add squid, afyer that it would be perfect.
            Don't get me started on seafood, which was probably the most difficult thing for me to give up. I was so tempted to toss some prawns into the soup.

Originally posted by hobo View Post
            Try being a raw food vegan! I find a healthy dose of alcoholism helps me!
            I feel for you. I don't know if I could maintain a healthy diet when EVERY aspect of what I am eating has to be taken into consideration, like temperature, or 'rawness.'

I've actually been to a raw food restaurant before, and while I think the food can be very good (Which my experience indicated), I do have a problem with the fact that it can't be served to me warm. The lemon grass soup I had at this one place would have benefited from being a few dozen degrees hotter.
            Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• delirium
              • Sep 2008

are you guys vegeterian and vegan more for health or ethical reasons?
              if ethical, do you purchase clothing made with animal products?
              no offense meant, just curious.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

I'm just curious to diet options when being a raw food vegan....I occasionally go on days where I'll just eat vegetarian stuff, no meat whatsoever...for no particular reason other than it feels right to do it that day. No moral or health reasoning in particular behind it. Although I have a high metabolism and get hungry really fast, wondering how I'd sustain my momentum on a strictly veg diet. On days I did it, I'd normally go for curry vegetables and a couple plates of rice for each meal, but i run out of ideas past that.
                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• whitney
                  • Dec 2009

for kicks i closed my eyes and like that took a stroll around the block.

i'm curious too if its for environmental reasons or health. i think its a shame to prolong your life eating things you don't enjoy, or limiting yourself from things you love. i guess if you were born lovin' veggies that would be awesome (i actually do enjoy eating veggies and some fruits) but i have a weakness for sugar and meat-- can't give that up.

always about balance.
                  you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

I genuinely enjoy veggies...always have. I've been at meals with friends and what not, I'll order a couple of dim sum baskets - all vegetarian. They ask me why I'm being so healthy and shit...I'm not, I smoke half a pack of cigarettes a day! I just like the idea of eating vegetables, even a lifetime of eating just that, it's fine by me. The only thing I'd be concerned with is not feeling nourished/full enough after doing it for a while.
                    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• whitney
                      • Dec 2009

i would get bored eventually. when i get a craving i could eat it all day everyday but then after a few weeks i lose interest and move onto something else. eventually i'll get a craving for it again, its a cycle.

i'm not really concerned with the nourishment cos, my energy isn't totally dependent on food/caffeine. i've fast for a day before but still could jump up and down and be described as hyper.. work fourteen hours straight with little food or none at all..

the only thing that i could never turn down is sweets. and tofu. i have an obsession with it whether its deep fried, silky soft or wrinkly.. though my favorite form is ma po tofu
                      you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• delirium
                        • Sep 2008

ma po tofu is great as are vegetables in general.

but yeah vegetables aren't very calorie dense... which is good if you're trying to be healthy / lose weight. but bad if you're living off of them. i would gain weight too easily if i ate more starchy carbohydrates.

i try to eat on a "paleo" diet, vegetables and meat. unfortunately, i also have a sweet tooth, but i need to remember moderation haha

back to the topic, i'm also interested in the reasoning for vegeterianism / veganism but especially among those interested in fashion and other luxury goods which use animals.

Comment

• Servo2000
                          • Oct 2006

I was a vegetarian for the first 15 - 16 years of my life and it's difficult to explain how vegetables taste when you become 'used to it' - they take on a whole other level. Even in the last years as I began to waved and meat started finding it's way into my diet I was hardly tempted and found most meatless meals superior. Even today I still prefer a good 'veggie burger' over a hamburger. My mother's been a vegetarian since she was a young teen so going home means no meat - but it's still the best.
                          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• todestrieb
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                            totally random observation; at 1:36 theres a dude wearing one of the n(n) fw09 head pieces / masks
                            That's just Beck. He's the other quotient in this duet with the fine-looking Gainsbourg.

Comment

• swami
                              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by todestrieb View Post
                              That's just Beck. He's the other quotient in this duet with the fine-looking Gainsbourg.
                              Gainsbourg is beautiful in an Emily Mortimer kinda way!

Comment

• swami
                                • Jul 2008

Oh and whats up with leather gloves ! Do people really have abnormal last finger / thumb proportions?
                                Every single pair I have tried end up being too long on those 2 fingers.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎