X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Farkhanyassin View Post
    ...and me dada is in the hospital. Pissing blood. How serious is that?
    Can be anything from very serious to nothing at all. That's what doctors are for!
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
      • Jan 2010

Well, turns out it's infection of the bladder. Being such a workaholic he forgot to take enough water and ended up dehydrated. The poor guy's admitted for another 48 hours. Cancelling his US trip due this Saturday night. He needs the rest.
      MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• laughed
        • Jul 2009

got "let go" at work. Fn bs. Time to finally find out what this unemployment payday is all about. had the flu for a week too. the worst part is not being able to crush a couple beers...today's the day to test the drinking beer while sick waters.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

/\ I'm sorry to hear that. I've been laid off from two jobs in two years, getting good at this.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
            • Sep 2008

heh, never been laid off from a job, mostly because I quit when I sense the heat around the corner
            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• whitney
              • Dec 2009

hope you get better soon laughed; and maybe something will turn up, the economy is supposedly turning

i've always held more then one job at a time and even then i always am looking--sometimes applying for fun just to see if i'd get it--surprisingly the small businesses i've worked for has held up a lot better then some of the bigger, corporation type..
              you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                • Jan 2010

I got laid off over two years ago (the firm I was working at ended up laying off 75% of the staff). As a retail designer the drop in construction really hit me hard. I've heard the design community in Portland was at 30% unemployment.

Based on the number of calls, job postings and interviews I've been on in the past couple of weeks it does appear that things are finally turning around a bit. If I would have realized how unstable the fields on architecture and interior design are, I doubt I would have chosen it for my career path. It's been a brutal decade.
                THE HOUSE OF DIS
                embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Louis Vuitton set the bar high for its “core values” campaign by casting the likes of former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev and, more recently, soccer legends Pelé, Diego Maradona and Zinedine Zidane, who appear playing Foosball in a Madrid cafe for the next series, shot by Annie Leibovitz and slated to break in June magazines. Next up is another towering and surprising personality, but one closer to home: Bono. Rumor has it the U2 front man and activist, whose eco-friendly brand Edun is partly owned by Vuitton parent LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, has agreed to appear in the next spots, which trumpet Vuitton’s travel roots and its monogram leather goods. Vuitton declined to comment.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                    • Jan 2010

Bono Bono Bono

Steve Aoki is in town tonight. Should I go or shouldn't I!
                    MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Bubu
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by thehouseofdis View Post
                      I got laid off over two years ago (the firm I was working at ended up laying off 75% of the staff). As a retail designer the drop in construction really hit me hard. I've heard the design community in Portland was at 30% unemployment.

Based on the number of calls, job postings and interviews I've been on in the past couple of weeks it does appear that things are finally turning around a bit. If I would have realized how unstable the fields on architecture and interior design are, I doubt I would have chosen it for my career path. It's been a brutal decade.
                      maybe it's time you be your own boss.
                      Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Comment

• Sombre
                        • Jan 2009

I went to bed at 10:30 tonight (last night), exhausted from soccer. A mixture of thirst and party girls just woke me up, and now I'm not the least bit tired and can't go back to sleep.
                        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Bubu View Post
                          maybe it's time you be your own zboss.
                          fixed

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

If I could make a career out of zboss, I'd be in heaven.
                            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                              I went to bed at 10:30 tonight (last night), exhausted from soccer. A mixture of thirst and party girls just woke me up, and now I'm not the least bit tired and can't go back to sleep.
                              I was supposed to go today again, but not fully healed yet and don't feel like playing goalie. Brunch and Atelier it is, I guess!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sam_tem
                                • Apr 2007

i've been enjoying reading the articles coming out against offshore drilling. it's a bit funny actually because the oil companies are just supplying a demand and it's up to the public to cut that demand if they don't like drilling. you can't just tell the gov't to stop offshore drilling unless we're willing to start making some serious lifestyle reductions and at this rate that's never going to happen unless our country goes broke (at which point everyone would be crying for more drilling to fill up the gov't tax coffers anyways). with many oil-rich countries becoming more hostile to foreign companies as they build up their own industry, there is a big risk if we wish to increase our oil dependence on others.

it mostly seems that journalists are just using it as an excuse to push for alternative energy, but we have to remember that the viability of that industry is still being subsidized (by taxes on oil companies most likely) so at this point the two must co-exist with each other for the foreseeable future. the costs for alternative energy to replace offshore drilling couldn't even be estimated at this point and i can't imagine any country will have the money to make a complete shift within the next 20 years. even then, a country will have to decide on the environment versus economic growth which impacts human lives as well.

it's also nice to see that when people try to list all these huge disasters in the industry that they all happened back in the 80's when the industry had collapsed and everything was underfunded. i can assure you that no other sector of the construction industry spends as much money to make sure that safety is a core value throughout the entire supply chain than the oil & gas industry. It's still a lot safer than similar industries such as logging and mining.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎