Thread: Randomness

i'm not french, but i think "trouver john paris" is right.

trouver john paris is right

alright thanks! thats what i thought too. but google translate () says otherwise, so just needed confirmation.

Finally spoke to my personal tutor to get my MA application in History of Dress started. The lecturer whose MA I am applying for taught me for one my courses last year, supervised my assessed essay last year, is supervising my BA dissertation this year....and will be writing one of the references for me for her own course. I got a first in her exam and the essay I did with her on Victorian Dress Reform, I just hope I don't screw this up, I really want to do that MA! Need to keep my head down, get my health together and do well this year. Way too early to be thinking about it, but I could actually see myself doing a PhD.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

DHC: good stuff
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

hullo

someone sent me a question on ebay, asking if I could measure a garment in "inches instead of centimetres".

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

anyone knows theres any free blog site to recon? looking for some simple ones..
    Focusing on object details

beware the boot-tuck

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WHO

Quote Originally Posted by lowrey View Post
    someone sent me a question on ebay, asking if I could measure a garment in "inches instead of centimetres".

i've gotten that, too.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

what does one do with fake clothing?

i got my money back, but it feels wrong even wearing it around the house. (fake rick tees)

once bought a fake tee (streetwear days in 2007). didnt even get my money back. seller went phone-number-does-not-exist on me. its been untouched in the back of my closet, in the dustbag for the past 3 years. (yea even comes with the real dustbag)

Quote Originally Posted by endersgame View Post
    what does one do with fake clothing?

i got my money back, but it feels wrong even wearing it around the house. (fake rick tees)
    My girlfriend ordered me a pair of DBSS sneakers as a surprise for my birthday that turned out to be fake. In the end she got most of the money back, about a year later, but still has them in the closet. Same as your situation but I don't know what to do with them either....still feels like a waste to throw them in the bin. Maybe I'll put them in for charity.

A couple years ago, I proxied a pair of 07 dior umc from Y! and they ended up being fake, paid around $600-700 for them and couldn't do anything about it. They've just been sitting in a pile of my old clothes ever since

no, i bought them from ebay. the claim i filed with my bank did a chargeback so i don't even need to bother sending them back.

i've seen people sell fakes on ebay and are totally honest about the item being fake. and people still buy them! but i don't want to associate fake goods with my seller account..

maybe give them to the salvation army and write in a bullshit value for tax deductions..

i couldn't have it visible in my closet. i feel the shame and it infuriates me at the same time, lol..

i never had anythin like that happen to me but that must suck . idk maybe just wear the shirt round the house when ur just chillin and not goin anywhere . i have a shitload of shirts and sweatpants i just wear when im bummin around when i get home at nite etc

edit : im fuckn bored tonite . this whole past week has been like 70 n shit even at nite and now its back to cold :( i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza
    Last edited by jogu; 11-13-2010 at 05:58 PM.

it only sucks when you can't get money back. but statistically, like car accidents, everyone in their lifetime will be involved-in buying a fake item..lol

i might just wear them to bed or go jogging in them, but they feel like crap..

Quote Originally Posted by jogu View Post
    anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza
    lol ur so random dude

n yeah, fakes, if they're just sitting around, give them to charity... will make u feel good.