X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

oh, why not?

i've never been as excited about anything in my life as it seems this guy is about doing this cheer
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by stereophobic View Post
      a totally naked guy by the mail boxes going through his jeans.
      There's something surreal and unexpected about this sentence which I love. Normally based on logic you'd expect this story to end with him going through his mail...
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• stereophobic
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
        There's something surreal and unexpected about this sentence which I love. Normally based on logic you'd expect this story to end with him going through his mail...
        I could do nothing but give him a salute and a nod as I walked out of the foyer. I then called my friend to come downstairs lol. as I left I could hear his change fall out of his jeans, so thankfully I was not around to see him bend over to pick up the coins.

apparently friend picked up $2 though.
        An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

so he was in his birthsuit, holding jeans in his hands?
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• stereophobic
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
            so he was in his birthsuit, holding jeans in his hands?
            yes. he had all his shit on top of the mailbox island or the floor and he seemed to be going through the pockets of his jeans (which is probably why I heard his change fall out as I walked away)
            An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
              • Jan 2010

I have a date on Friday night. It's. Been. So. Long.
              MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Enaml
                • Apr 2009

It can't just be me... Do most 'fashion' bloggers seem like self-absorbed twits?
                How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

Naw it ain't just you. I share your sentiment. All fashion no style
                  www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• whitney
                    • Dec 2009

i don't really follow any fashion blogs.

i do like going through flickr sometimes, looking at other pple's photos..

after food poisoning recently i don't dare eat anything new, so i've only been eating whats in the cupboards, nothing new, and for some reason i now itch all over :( i don't know why.........lately its been one bad thing after another. the cop was like, its your birthday this month too!

ya.
                    you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
                      It can't just be me... Do most 'fashion' bloggers seem like self-absorbed twits?
                      with an impeccable talent for copy-pasting
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
                        I like susie_bubble :-)
                        The only two blogs I follow somewhat are Cathy Horyn's on NYT and The Business of Fashion. I've got my hands full with SZ!
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endersgame
                          • Aug 2009

has anyone priced out private health insurance for themselves?
                          i found out it costs something like $2k a month..

Comment

• theetruscan
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                            has anyone priced out private health insurance for themselves?
                            i found out it costs something like $2k a month..
                            That's certainly an outlier. Illinois Blue Cross/Blue Shield's best individual plan costs me $237/month. Look around some more. But most states have virtual monopolies, so it could be something funny.
                            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• endersgame
                              • Aug 2009

sorry, i need to correct myself, that was a figure for someone in their 70's. i've never had to look for insurance myself, but it was shocking to hear that figure nonetheless. you would think medicare + some supplemental insurance would suffice..

starting spring of next year, united healthcare will buy up my current health insurance provider. which leaves us with nothing to choose from in private insurance..

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

its f*cking shameful. i can't even get insurance without going thru the "high risk pool" and paying like $1000/month just for myself. i'm less than half of 70. health care in this country is the most fucked up thing i can imagine. and it absolutely blows my mind that there are people out there that argue against doing anything to change it. its like shouting to the world "YES I AM CORRUPT! YES MY ONLY REASON FOR EXISTENCE IS TO TOE THE PARTY LINE!"

i'm mad about it. when health care is a for profit business with profits literally in the billions, isn't it clear that something is wrong?
                                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎