Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

can't hate on brad. no matter what your opinion on ridiculous celebrity worship almost every pic of that dude is hof.
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by jogu View Post
      im havin nachos for supper tonite woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
      Let me repeat again: JOGU is my hero.

Jogu, you live in Chicago. So do I half the year (until this year, year-round.) What's your hood? I'm south side...okay, fine. I'm Hyde Park, which is geographically on the south side, but has little to do with the rest of the south side, aside from buying other neighborhood's lands so that mommy and daddy will "feel good enough" about it's environs to send Boy Johnny there for university, or whatever. Still, it's own little weirdness that I love.

Seminary co-op anyone?!?
      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

hof for babbys?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

is it me or does that baby have a mustache?
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• syed
            • Sep 2010

^ Childish 4chan-ism. I believe the original argument was "nowhere in the Bible does it state that Jesus was not a dinosaur". Plus I think it is meant to be a dig at (what I assume to be) the tiny minority of Christians who do not believe in the existence of dinosaurs.

And heck that baby is almost beating me on the facial hair game I wish I could grow a full beard
            "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by syed View Post
              ^ Childish 4chan-ism. I believe the original argument was "nowhere in the Bible does it state that Jesus was not a dinosaur". Plus I think it is meant to be a dig at (what I assume to be) the tiny minority of Christians who do not believe in the existence of dinosaurs.
              thats close. the first image i posted was just something i saw that to me is a funny representation of a curious thing to contemplate. its difficult to reconcile biblical stories with the history of the universe. and the image itself was especially effective to me in the way that jesus is portrayed. its that iconic blond haired blue eyed majesty so common to western art. watching over his children, the dinosaurs.

now listen i'm not making a judgment either way. but there is no doubt it is an interesting idea to contemplate.

it also got me thinking about the cosmic calendar. carl sagan's idea of representing the entire history of the university as having taken place in the space of 1 year. here is december and some highlights of jan-nov.

* Things began with the Big Bang on the very first second of January 1st.
              * Right now is the last second of the last minute of December 31st.
              * Each month represents a little over 1.25 billion years.
              * Each day represents 40 million years.
              * Each second represents 500 years.
              * The Milky Way was formed in May.
              * The sun and the planets were formed in mid-September. Life arose soon after.
              * The first multi-cellular organisms didn’t show up until in November.
              * The first vertebrates appeared on December 17th.
              * On Christmas Eve, the dinosaurs arrived. By December 29th, they were extinct.
              * Our human ancestors made their appearance around 10:30 p.m. on December 31st.
              * At 11:46 on December 31st, humans made fire.
              * We only began to domesticate plants and animals at 11:59:20 on December 31st.
              * All of recorded history happened in the last ten seconds of the last minute of December 31st.
              * The pyramids were built nine seconds ago.
              * The Roman Empire fell three seconds ago.
              * Columbus discovered America one second ago.
              * If the average human lifespan is considered to be 75 years, the average person will live 0.15 seconds.

birth of christ? - 11:59:56
              birth of islam? - 11:59:57
              birth of buddha? - 11:59:55

just something to think about. every civilization, every king, every war, every migration, every person you have ever heard of, and especially, every nation and every religion, took place in the last few seconds of the last minute of the last hour of the year

no one says it better than the man himself
              short version

long version
              Last edited by cjbreed; 12-10-2010, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• Servo2000
                • Oct 2006

cum des garcons

style tips from john waters
                WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• perplexe
                  • May 2010

from the cum es garcons article.

"Do you think I should get rid of my moustache?
                  No, I think moustaches look cute! I mean, all women must have 'em, who are we kidding? Everywhere you go they're selling all these products to remove them but I don't see the problem. You should see all the young lesbian drag kings with beards in the States - so long they can braid them! They look like Elvis and I'm all for it."

Oh gosh.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

i love his advocating of purposely bad dressing, that is very comme des garcons and i think he embodies that philosophy very well. the reason why kids all over HK don't look good in CdG is because they're trying too hard to look good in it and are thus missing the point.
                    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• BeauIXI
                      • Nov 2008

Wtf is up with Conservapedia?
                      Originally posted by philip nod
                      somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• MoFiya
                        • Sep 2007

Alejandro Jodorowsky is spamming on Twitter / Facebook and I don't understand shit. Maybe I should quit the friendship.
                        I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                          Wtf is up with Conservapedia?
                          As you know, conservatives live in their own universe that bears no relation to the world of facts, so they need their own version of everything.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

^^oh my god i just browsed around that site and that is the craziest shit i've ever seen.

and of course there is also beck university

you hit the nail on the head too faust. all of these conservative mouthpieces (and the neo-con movement in general) rely entirely on emotion (hate) and fear mongering.

just take a moment to compare a Thom Hartmann radio program with Rush, or Hannity, or the worst offender Glenn Beck. I say he is the worst because of the way he drags his version of Christianity into literally everything

btw my little post on the cosmic calendar nearly killed this thread dead.

Comment

• mononon
                              • Sep 2009

wtf, gilt groupe is selling cars now?
                              calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• Fade to Black
                                • Sep 2008

LOL

Gilt Groupe is doin it big. Looking forward to Gilt Homes, I'm kopping

MoFiya i went to Jodo's twitter after I read that and likewise, couldn't get a word of what the hell he was saying. Wish I knew, it sounded...fanatical...i have a feeling wire artist or Diego might understand it though.
                                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎