Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

Of course, they are totally different cases. What I was trying to say is that offshore companies are a global phenomenon.

As far as corruption is concerned, I am certain Greece is pretty much on the same level as every other fairly civilized country. The remarkable difference is that everyone is used to it and its part of their daily routine; you have to break the law to survive. Hell, even the IMF went downhill...
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• HWith
      • May 2007

Whereever you go big companies avoid paying taxes. It is made possible by transfer pricing, among other things, and not only corruption. Even in Denmark, that is consistantly ranked as the less corrupt country in the world on Transparency International's Corruption Perception Index, most large companies don't pay taxes. Ironically, the world's largest shipping company, A.P. Møller-Maersk, avoids paying taxes abroad and instead pays them in Denmark, where the taxes are actually much higher than in almost any other country. The owner is simply what Americans would call 'patriotic'.

Comment

• nictan
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by MDA
        The integrity of the media comes into question when quality standards are abandoned recklessly in favor of inappropriate jocularity. False reporting undermines the trustworthiness of news itself and leads to the decay of the social fabric
        and this is where i live. maybe they should ban articles on any political activity, since most of it is 'fabricated news items' anyway.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

I read the quoted part first and thought this referred to the state of media in general, not april fools

there are far worse problems in modern media and journalism than an annual light-minded joke.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by HWith View Post
            Whereever you go big companies avoid paying taxes. It is made possible by transfer pricing, among other things, and not only corruption. Even in Denmark, that is consistantly ranked as the less corrupt country in the world on Transparency International's Corruption Perception Index, most large companies don't pay taxes. Ironically, the world's largest shipping company, A.P. Møller-Maersk, avoids paying taxes abroad and instead pays them in Denmark, where the taxes are actually much higher than in almost any other country. The owner is simply what Americans would call 'patriotic'.
            True enough. I've read that Ikea pays 0 taxes as well - all profits go into some obscure "charity" fund.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

In case you were wondering who makes money in fashion.

"The singer-cum-actress-cum-designer with the disarming honesty and ability to laugh at herself is also a shrewd businesswoman. Simpson’s brand generated $750 million in retail sales in 2010 and is poised to break the $1 billion mark in 2012."

Compare with Rick's sales of $50 mil. Get the picture?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                Sunday: Super Glue tube found – uncapped, leaking – middle of the couch. The 19th century serpentine couch.

Monday: Super Glue inventor, Harry Coover, dies.

karma's a bitch

Comment

• HWith
                  • May 2007

Simpson who?

Originally posted by Faust View Post

"The singer-cum-actress-cum-designer with the disarming honesty and ability to laugh at herself is also a shrewd businesswoman. Simpson’s brand generated $750 million in retail sales in 2010 and is poised to break the $1 billion mark in 2012."

Comment

• michael_kard
                    • Oct 2010

This one.
                    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

True enough. I've read that Ikea pays 0 taxes as well - all profits go into some obscure "charity" fund.
                      this has been a big deal lately in sweden. the founder kamprad has created a complex web of companies and foundations to obscure where ikea's money goes and who controls ikea. it's recently been shown that about 100 billion swedish kronor (approx. 12 billion euro) have been transferred to the 'interogo foundation' in to the tax haven of lichtenstein - a foundation which is controlled by kamprad himself. it's not a swedish company at all, nor is kamprad anything else but a very greedy and deceptive old man.

don't even get me started on how shit their products and how dirty their business model is. it just goes to show you can't actually trust a former member of a swedish nazi organization...

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

I would consider 50 mil entirely comfortable.
                        For him and for me.
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                          I would consider 50 mil entirely comfortable.
                          For him and for me.
                          kinda depends on your cost structure, don't it?

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                            • Jan 2010

Enjoying my time in New York so far. Looking forward to more UnSound events, walking, people watching, seeing friends and of course searching for work.
                            THE HOUSE OF DIS
                            embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• mrbeuys
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                              kinda depends on your cost structure, don't it?
                              I am obviously making assumptions.
                              Informed assumptions. But still assumptions.
                              Still comfortable.
                              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• munch
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by ledger
                                Mercury Poisoning anyone¿

Japanese Strip/Fluorescent light fighting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UJQo...eature=related
                                wowow... that is horribly horrible. couldn't stop watching... insanity

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎