X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • todestrieb
    • Mar 2009

Dang!
    Any new animals you are using in the collection?

Correct – sharkskin, the chests of birds, the feet and flesh of reindeer, parchment skin from the goat, perch and the cod, lamb fur and wool. It seems everything in the new collection came from an animal. We are animals.

Comment

depends on which scarf you mean. the black wool one is substantial and warm.

Comment

yes that one.

its feltlike in its surface, but smooth and not super light. really nice. will be reissued in new fabrics soon as well.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

thought this was pretty crazy/hilarious/epic..

THIS IS NOT A WEAPON
          October 14, 2010

Just days before we opened the doors of Vopnabúrið, August 2009, our studio was politely raided by the Icelandic Police, who searched and seized our stock of The Umbuster, charging us with importation of prohibited weapons, prohibited weapons possession and intent to sell said prohibited weapons.

Our court hearing was this week. The result? read on.

We just as politely explained it wasn’t a weapon, and that we had a license to import, handle and sell them… but it turned out that a legal vaguery left us suspended, pergatorially, in a grey area. So they took them, left us empty-handed, bare-fisted, and by the police charged.
          Consequently in the last year, our compliment of Umbusters has sat maturing in the oaky Police hold, and we have had several back and forths with the Establishment concerning the case.

We pleaded not guilty: it is not a weapon. They replied guilty: it is it is it is. We replied no it isn’t: lets play this out on the court.

And so some few days ago our case was presented to the Judge in the Courts of Reykjavík, with our case defended by our good Lawyer Vilhjálmur Hans Vilhjálmsson. Your narrator was questioned and witnesses were brought forth by the prosecutor including that of a police science investigator who stated that the handle was too light to be a weapon and as such is not a weapon. The prosecutor then changed tack and claimed that by another article in the law, it is a replica of a weapon and should be thusly classified. Our good defender stepped forth, breathed in, and like some Roman courtsman, radiated our demands in good measure. A media circus ensued - every paper in town turned up, including that of the national television news.

The next day we were informed that the Ruling would take place the following day, two days after the hearing. Thus we turned up, sat down, and so began the Judge. I thought it pertinent and momentous to look at the wall clock, which read 9:24. The Judge began to speak. By the closing of her first sentence my good Lawyer was smiling, and the upstanding Judge was handing a box with an Evidence sticker on the front, and a single Umbuster inside. By 9:25 and 30 seconds we were pushing our seats back and walking for the door.

The Ruling? Acquitted. This is clearly not a weapon, the handle alone or attached to the umbrella body being too light to be used as a weapon, and when importing these handles the accused clearly had no intention for them to be used as a weapon… in short, this umbrella is no more dangerous than any other.

And so now we can once again produce, sell and send our non-product sr112, The Umbuster.

The end.

Post Script - articles of events as they unrolled [google translate them].

Stöð 2
          Visir.is pt 1
          Mbl.is pt 1
          Visir.is pt 2
          Mbl.is pt 2

Post Post Script - The four Umbusters from the police vaults are available as a special edition, aged 1 year.

~

Sruli Recht
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

great video. I haven't seen anyone utilize a half scale model before, a very interesting approach.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• djibouti
              • Nov 2009

Agreed - very much enjoyed the video. Fresh approach to model-making.

Also great to see work where new-ish technology is integral to the process but the work isn't overwhelmed or defined by it.

Any place in New York where one can see this in person?

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                • Mar 2009

The video was fantastic, and he seems a very interesting and intelligent character. I love the idea of utilizing technology more and more in the design process. Especially the accuracy of lazer cutting, and the grading of the size shall be mm perfect.

In regards to the half scale models, it is something Aitor utilizes in his design process. I remember when i was studying, we would do scaled down patterns and toile using the artists wooden mannequins.

Heirloom, does he only sell his non products through his website or does he have stores stocking them also?
                merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

At this moment there are only collaborations like the one with Ghostly International that offers his goods from other places as far as I know.

Comment

• North
                    • Sep 2008

Sruli just posted teaser images on his facebook. The collection looks interesting so far. Im curious to see the full collection.

“Icarus, post-crash”
                    Photographer - Marinó Thorlacius
                    Model - Emil Þór Guðmundsson
                    Stylist - Arash Arfazadeh

theres more here: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=129203322185

Comment

• laughed
                      • Jul 2009

the garments seem rather lazy and very amateurish as far as the pattern making and draping. Very. The fit obviously doesn't matter. Even Bless gives more than this...he says himself "screw the steps I don't have time for them"... I can certainly tell he is skipping those steps.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

you've seen the collection already? please share

Comment

• Laughed: When did you see the collection? If you've seen it you must be closely associated with us at the showroom as that is the only place you might've caught a glimpse of it, and that makes me wonder why you would go around and spread that poison. Normally I wouldn't care, but I'm working at the showroom, and at this time comments like this is not very appreciated. No images of the collection have been released except for these above.

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

I wash shocked when I saw Laughed's post
                            if the Facebook images are the only ones released, i don't know how he could have had an idea of the garments themselves from those images................
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

wait, please don't say you are seriously talking that shit without seeing the collection, based on a few teaser images that in no way showcase the construction or pattern work?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎