• Show
Clear All
  • twmllr
    • Sep 2013

sorry my mistake, i meant fw13

Comment

• PoubelleMaBelle
      • Feb 2012

Is there a reason Concentrated AW'13 was never released? Collection's lookbook is on the website... Do they plan on producing SS'14 / 'Cargo Cultured'?

Seems like his only output lately has been the odd product design or performance/installation.

Even a t-shirt i ordered from last spring only arrived this month (due to apparent production delays)

Curious to know what's going on

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Sruli is taking a break from fashion for the foreseeable future. (Alliteration not intentional.)
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• PoubelleMaBelle
          • Feb 2012

Ah, that's unfortunate. But perhaps for the best Рlast available collection was (IMO) a step backwards when compared to his earlier work (clich̩ not intentional).

'Cargo Cultured' did look quite promising though

Hope he's able to come back refreshed / in a less traditional capacity

Thanks for the insight
          _
          Last edited by PoubelleMaBelle; 12-23-2013, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Shifts
            • Jul 2013

Sorry to hear that, but I'm sure something good will come out that hiatus, even though it might not be in fashion. Looking forward to see what Recht does next.

Fingers crossed the Sruli Recht boutique will still be opened in June, when I will pay Reykjavík a visit. It is at the top of my to-do-list.

Comment

• MrBushido
              • Dec 2013

Is he still on a break?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Yes. He's working on something else, nothing to do with making product.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MrBushido
                  • Dec 2013

Thanks.

Comment

• kanne
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Yes. He's working on something else, nothing to do with making product.
                    would you care to elaborate? i'd like to know what he's up to - always interesting stuff coming out of his studio.

last thing i saw was the plane draped table for darklands.

Comment

• 550BC
                      • Jan 2013

is his store in Reykjavik also closed? I have to be there in a few months for an assignment, would like to visit if possible...
                      a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

It's closed.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ATIP
                          • Feb 2013

Such a shame! I am planning to go Iceland to visit his store in July

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by kanne View Post
                            would you care to elaborate? i'd like to know what he's up to - always interesting stuff coming out of his studio.

last thing i saw was the plane draped table for darklands.
                            Apparently he's coming out with a kickstarter in 2 days....
                            Originally posted by unwashed
                            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                            Originally posted by Ahimsa
                            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Looking at the image a bit more I wonder if the product is going to be a laptop/storage pouch (in what looks to be Icelandic deerskin in this case) paired with a collapsable, polygonal, angled laptop stand for a more natural height so you aren't hunched over at your desk.

If so... clever work my friend!
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Sruli's kickstarter just launched. More than happy to back him on this project :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...k-computer-sta

The $2500 offer is extremely tempting as well... would make for a great reason to visit Iceland!
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎