X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

The sandals are a hit, Albert. Also, most of the patterns would bend your noodle. Most of the clothes (if not all) are made from a single piece of fabric.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• (((o
      • May 2009

Wow, this is truly marvellous. Tons and tons of things that look great.

Just need to hope that some showroom pics will surface this time around. It's always nice to see different people wear the stuff and not just the models in the lookbook.
      i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        The sandals are a hit, Albert. Also, most of the patterns would bend your noodle. Most of the clothes (if not all) are made from a single piece of fabric.
        I love it!

This series and Zam's are the two collections that I am most looking forward to. Zam's for all around wearability and Sruli's because he's taken this summerwear/hot weather wear to another level and given that it's 100 degrees out here right now, Sruli's pieces are looking ever more tempting and awesome!
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

well I went to see the collection yesterday in the showroom and it was really amazing

A really great line up of items, interesting cuts, interesting details and some really great techiques used to execute the garments

its good to see a designer come along whose appraoch to his work is so distinct, so original and so different.

it speaks to a level of confidence and thiught that I admire

there are two pieces that i will be buying from the line,

A pair of shoes and a white cotton shirt..........
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• chomeo
            • Mar 2010

Some of these pieces makes me want to go vacationing at resorts. The sandals have raw edges that I like!
            Last edited by chomeo; 06-29-2011, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• (((o
              • May 2009

Even though the newly shown collection is being discussed I still feel that these pics should be in this thread as well.

From here!

And a short interview: Here!

And another video that hasn't been posted here. Unless I missed it.
              Sruli Recht is inspired by Iceland
              Last edited by (((o; 06-30-2011, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Enaml
                • Apr 2009

This looks great
                How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• (((o
                  • May 2009

Lenny Kravitz seems to have liked the new collection enough that he plans to wear it on tour.

And here's more info about the cane and frames he made for the visually impaired.

SR302 – Qanah – Beam of Balance: is an aerodynamic hand carved white cane for the visualy impaired, shapped as the wing struts of the early aircrafts. Made from Larch, the cane is sun bleached, rubbed down with black horse hide, and tipped with rubber.
                  Edition of 5

SR303 – Stone Blind: is a pair of frames for the visually impaired, hand carved and bent from Cherry wood with hand cut Carera marble lenses.
                  Edition of 5

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Ha, that's awesome!
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

I went to visit him and saw the collection while it was I was in Paris and it really looked great!
                      he is definitely a designer with a unique perspective and his own way of working, something I respect in a designer..............
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Icarium
                        • Oct 2010

That cane is awesome. Is it too dorky to want some sort of sweet sruli recht sword cane?

Definitely would not want to fight sruli recht's take on Daredevil though.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
                          That cane is awesome. Is it too dorky to want some sort of sweet sruli recht sword cane?

Definitely would not want to fight sruli recht's take on Daredevil though.
                          Don't give him any ideas!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• (((o
                            • May 2009

Shark skin. Used for sandals (above), chest brace and gloves.

One day outside my studio I saw a flatbed truck driving past, and on that truck a pile of wet glistening somethings. My brain said it was fishing nets... but that sharp little voice at the back of my neck disagreed: "That there pile was once alive. Chase it. Chase it down." And into my car I got, and followed that truck till it stopped. And on it? Five, reaking collosal beasts, brown, wet and far beyond dead. "To where will these sharks go?" I asked. "West," said the driver, "to the plants where they become oil and meat." Procuring the recipient’s number, I dialed and requested slithers of its mic-rose thorn skin to be sent to the Tanner in the North, for whom the impossible is but a days work. Twelve days later, in a relatively anonimous white cardboard box we received from his skilled blades a new first — basking shark (or shark skin, or whatever name you want to give it), and by far not the last first, from his skilled blades, baths and alchemical knowhow. See it, smell it, but recoil from its iron maiden touch... for the skin of the shark is more dangerous than its bite’.

From here!

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

Sruli also made gloves of the shark skin. if you've ever had to turn gloves inside out, imagine doing that with these as they were sewn inside out. His hand were covered in miniature scars when I saw him
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• (((o
                                • May 2009

You don't happen to have any pictures of the shark skin gloves? I take it they are the same design as the ones shown in the lookbook? But it would nevertheless be nice to see them.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎