Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Sruli Recht

Oooopss..my bad.

yeah that makes more sense. I wonder if it'll be anyone buying this. Wasn't even tempted to buy when i mistaken it as 350euro...well the thought went thru my head but i couldn't take it...i just can't. If it happens to be a szer who actually purchases this, please do share!

The most scary thing is that you can only sense this guy's insanity through what he does. He looks normal(altho a bit too calm all the time) and is polite in the video.
    "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Quote Originally Posted by qazwsx View Post
    Has anyone seen this yet?
    GEE, WHAT DO YOU THINK?
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Quote Originally Posted by Heirloom View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the detailed shots and learning about the materials Sruli is working with this season.

From the photos, I like that the shoulders of his jackets are a little more relaxed as it makes it a little more approachable. It's still a distinctly Sruli silhouette for the coats and of course the seamwork that I can see is very much his style.

He continues to have that bit of humor in his work (the models' expressions are awesome) and is that an iphone controlled flying camera I see in one of the photos painted black/gray?

Can't wait for more images and details to show up online and I hope that more retailers pick up Sruli's work this season.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Shit, the man knows how to put on a show! The drones scanning the faces of the models were a very neat idea, I can't wait to see the video they make of this presentation. The clothes looked beautiful, and I really liked the slippers. Might try to save up for a pair if they are ever made in a small enough size for me.

bummed I missed the show.. quite sure we will have a video to show soon though.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

side note: why is it that in almost every video i've seen of sruli, he's wearing that same grey t-shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by iangdenning View Post
    side note: why is it that in almost every video i've seen of sruli, he's wearing that same grey t-shirt?

Maybe it its his ritual

seriously, when you become a designer, you often care less about clothes for yourself, and just grow to wear something you feel comfortable in rather than the other way around.
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Sruli is one of my heros. He is a true multi-disciplinary designer/maker and I have so much respect for his vision. I love that some of his products have absolutely no commercial appeal whatsoever but for their concept demanded production alone. Like his shark-leather glove that if worn can only be removed by cutting off. Or the pen that only writes on glass. Both technically functional, but mostly impractical. Pure art. What a mind!
    I admit I have less of an interest in his seasonal menswear collections.

A few more pictures from the show: http://www.f-t.com.au/blog/sruli-rec...inter-2013-14/
    i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

please, please stay away from the nowfashion photos, they are absolutely horrifying. I thought I was looking at a different collection when I saw the video, we will have it up soon.

Pics in the F-t blog do it much more justice. He always brings something different to his shoes, in this case that flying robot camera and also having the models not walk like in a regular show.
    Oh, and I love that geometrical (?) top.

It's made of small geometric wood pannels, and it is a fantastic piece

Quote Originally Posted by galia View Post
    It's made of small geometric wood pannels, and it is a fantastic piece
    It's also a simplicial complex.
    Last edited by trentk; 01-22-2013 at 02:42 AM.
    "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

It's been years since I've approached topology, but could you expand on a "closed simplicial complex"?

Do you mean this is a closure of a larger set of simplices? My vocab in this area is woefully limited, so please excuse it.
    I am not who you think I am

Sorry, I was confusing different notions of closure. The closure you referred to is the correct notion of closure when we're talking about simplicial complexes, which means that the simplicial complex sweater and coat in this collection are just simplicial complexes. Delete the closed.
    "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

kinda funny that we were talking about trend forecasting in another thread, here's something i found in my trove of shit

i cant recall what season this was purporting to predict

A link that HuffPo suggested at the bottom of the article with some other photos:

http://www.odditycentral.com/pics/de...-own-skin.html
    I am not who you think I am