Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Sruli Recht

Thanks.

I really hope there are multiple leather penises at the pop-up.

Quote Originally Posted by (((o View Post
    Pop up-store in Berlin from the 10th of November to the 22nd.
    Link to the event!
    I was wondering if Sruli himself will be on hand for the opening. Do you happen to know?

I believe so, but I am not 100% sure.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Schleudersitz View Post
    I was wondering if Sruli himself will be on hand for the opening. Do you happen to know?
    As Faust said he will probably be there but I can't say for sure.
    EDIT: Seems like he won't be able to attend the opening. But Flavia will be there.

Last edited by (((o; 11-08-2014 at 03:46 AM.
    i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Does anyone know if Sruli Recht's official website still fulfills online orders?

Sent them an email, no reply in days. Phone line is down too.
    Last edited by Alan; 09-05-2015 at 03:02 PM.

If you hunt around online you'll be able to find what's left of Sruli's collections. Still quite a bit to be found.

Last time we talked he was focusing more on consulting and product design /
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by interest1 View Post
    I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

He's no longer making a production line. He may have backstock, but anything remotely popular has been long gone. You may have luck buying glass slippers or a thick leather condom. There is a bunch of stuff on grailed. If you're the same guy who is looking for a Nile perch wallet, Damir also made a wallet using the same material. There are also vendors on etsy who use fish skin for various leather goods.
    Last edited by byhand; 09-05-2015 at 02:42 PM.

Just had a look at Damir's version. Nowhere near as good and unique as Sruli's. And way more expensive.

I still would like to know what the deal is with the items on the official website that are shown as "In Stock". For instance, the horse wallet seems to be available, but will they complete my order if I buy one?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Does anyone know if Sruli Recht's official website still fulfills online orders?

Sent them an email, no reply in days. Phone line is down too.
    Use the Ra278 site. There's a bit of stuff left, last I checked. Some good stuff like Jester's Crown is still around.

If you browse this way there's actually a ton of stuff left:

http://ra278.tumblr.com/archive

Sent an email, hoping for a response, looking at 2 really nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkady View Post
    If you browse this way there's actually a ton of stuff left:

http://ra278.tumblr.com/archive

RA278 was working just fine this spring when I purchased a couple of items. Smooth transaction and delivery as I have always experienced with him.

RA278 responded, waiting for invoice, so far pretty smooth, and the stuff is all fairly inexpensive, mostly half off, fuckin awesome.

Heading to Iceland from October 20-30. Does anyone have any info about Sruli being shown/sold anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Heading to Iceland from October 20-30. Does anyone have any info about Sruli being shown/sold anywhere?
    I think all the Sruli stuff is being sold at the Ra site since SR has moved onto whiskey glasses.

Default Norlan Whisky Glass Kickstarter

Here's the new project that Sruli has been working on and it's absolutely beautiful. Was chatting about it with the head distiller of Stranahan's and Laws whisky here in Colorado. Excited to try these out..

The Norlan Whisky Glass on Kickstarter

Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by interest1 View Post
    I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Looks great, Sruli's like the Pier 1 Imports of leather dicks now.

It does look great – if it is solid. Somehow it looks like it has double glass walls, like those glasses for hot tea/coffee. Tried to see if I could find the answer on the Kickstarter page, but could not.

Anyone who has supported this project could ask maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Shifts View Post
    It does look great if it is solid. Somehow it looks like it has double glass walls, like those glasses for hot tea/coffee. Tried to see if I could find the answer on the Kickstarter page, but could not.

Anyone who has supported this project could ask maybe?
    It is double walled. I like it like that, although solid would also look cool.

The design retains just enough of the classic tulip shape of whisky glasses, with changes to make it new.

The pricing is quite reasonable as well. I went in for 4 glasses. Super tempted by the 8 glasses with the lovely wooden box, but I don't drink with enough people to justify a big set.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "