Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eleven crows
    • Mar 2011

One of one asshat. Any irregularites, scarring, and hair are intentional.

Comment

• Fenix
      • Aug 2010

This is quite disturbing but apparently it could be yours.....below is from the Youtube upload

In a documented one-time surgery-performance, a plastic surgeon removed a 110mm x 10mm strip of skin from the abdomen of Sruli Recht. The subcutaneous tissue and epidermis was then scraped from the dermis, which is stripped of fat by hand and blade, before being salted, and tanned with an Alum solution. The resulting leather from the dermis was prepared for use in the ring, Forget Me Knot.

SR661 - Leather made from the abdomen skin of Sruli Recht, mounted to a 24 carat gold band.
      There will be only one of this piece made.
      The Forget Me Knot band is presented with a DNA certificate and a complete DVD documentary of the process, surgery and interviews with the involved team.

Forget Me Knot
      SR661, Nov/Dec 2012, 1 of 1
      Anthropodermic leather and 24 carat gold
      €350,000

This piece is presented as part of the new collection of Sruli Recht for Autumn and Winter 2013/14, Concentrated.
      Originally posted by hausofblaq
      Grow up.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

This is fascinating to say the least. One of the only examples of a designer truly putting himself into his work. Certainly bridges the gap that some perceive between fashion and art.

Once again Sruli continues to be one on the forefront of pushing the boundaries of design, innovation and creativity. You can't get much more invested and dedicated to your craft than this.

I'd love to see more photos of the ring and the entire process (not just the tissue harvest) up to the mounting of the skin on the ring.

The surgeon side of me can appreciate the nice closure of the incision afterwards and the good choice of angle and location of the donor site :)

I hope the video generates more dialogue and discussion. Usage of human skin for products has a storied past. Of course the documented harvesting and tanning of human skins at Buchenwald both to preserve tattoos and also for appliances such as lampshades. Old tomes have also been known to have been bound in human skin (some of which are present and on display in Philly at the Mutter museum). This was known to be done for medical books such as anatomy texts way back when as well. The technique known as anthropodermic bibliopegy.

I'd love to read about Sruli's inspiration/concept for the piece and what spurred him to create it.
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

I'd also like to see the rest of the process (not to mention some info on the future buyer). fascinating. gross, but fascinating.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Resonkuken
            • Oct 2012

Hey, at least it´s not made out of his foreskin.

Comment

• fncyths
              • Apr 2010

Check out his Minke Dork whalet...

Originally posted by Shucks
              it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
              Originally posted by interest1
              I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Fenix
                • Aug 2010

Agreed, I'm much more interested in the process following the surgery.

This could be the new form of extreme body modification. Lets start a business...we just need a designer, plastic surgeon, a couple folks on the business end. Get in while it's hot.
                Originally posted by hausofblaq
                Grow up.

Comment

• tommiy
                  • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Resonkuken View Post
                  Hey, at least it´s not made out of his foreskin.
                  There's always a silver lining...
                  WTB: 45" chest leather jacket

Comment

• qazwsx
                    • Feb 2012

Has anyone seen this yet?
                    this is mind blownly ridiculous...
                    Forget me Knot sking ring - a slice of skin surgically removed from the designer Sruli Recht

Forget Me Knot gold ring made from skin surgically removed from fashion designer Sruli Recht.

mounted with 24k gold
                    and this is only selling for 350euro?!

-------------------------------------

i was tempted to put this video on the Fashion Media category but thought this place would be more appropriate. Yet, can i still post this there?
                    "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• Crowzer
                      • Feb 2011

It's 350 000 € I guess. Weird as fuck by the way...

Comment

• qazwsx
                        • Feb 2012

Oooopss..my bad.

yeah that makes more sense. I wonder if it'll be anyone buying this. Wasn't even tempted to buy when i mistaken it as 350euro...well the thought went thru my head but i couldn't take it...i just can't. If it happens to be a szer who actually purchases this, please do share!

The most scary thing is that you can only sense this guy's insanity through what he does. He looks normal(altho a bit too calm all the time) and is polite in the video.
                        "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by qazwsx View Post
                          Has anyone seen this yet?
                          GEE, WHAT DO YOU THINK?
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Looking forward to seeing the detailed shots and learning about the materials Sruli is working with this season.

From the photos, I like that the shoulders of his jackets are a little more relaxed as it makes it a little more approachable. It's still a distinctly Sruli silhouette for the coats and of course the seamwork that I can see is very much his style.

He continues to have that bit of humor in his work (the models' expressions are awesome) and is that an iphone controlled flying camera I see in one of the photos painted black/gray?

Can't wait for more images and details to show up online and I hope that more retailers pick up Sruli's work this season.
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• galia
                              • Jun 2009

Shit, the man knows how to put on a show! The drones scanning the faces of the models were a very neat idea, I can't wait to see the video they make of this presentation. The clothes looked beautiful, and I really liked the slippers. Might try to save up for a pair if they are ever made in a small enough size for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎