X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

bummed I missed the show.. quite sure we will have a video to show soon though.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• i-d-g
      • Sep 2012

side note: why is it that in almost every video i've seen of sruli, he's wearing that same grey t-shirt?
      “Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by iangdenning View Post
        side note: why is it that in almost every video i've seen of sruli, he's wearing that same grey t-shirt?

Maybe it its his ritual

seriously, when you become a designer, you often care less about clothes for yourself, and just grow to wear something you feel comfortable in rather than the other way around.
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• ahn
          • Jul 2012

Sruli is one of my heros. He is a true multi-disciplinary designer/maker and I have so much respect for his vision. I love that some of his products have absolutely no commercial appeal whatsoever but for their concept demanded production alone. Like his shark-leather glove that if worn can only be removed by cutting off. Or the pen that only writes on glass. Both technically functional, but mostly impractical. Pure art. What a mind!
          I admit I have less of an interest in his seasonal menswear collections.
          some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• (((o
            • May 2009

A few more pictures from the show: http://www.f-t.com.au/blog/sruli-rec...inter-2013-14/
            i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

please, please stay away from the nowfashion photos, they are absolutely horrifying. I thought I was looking at a different collection when I saw the video, we will have it up soon.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Resonkuken
                • Oct 2012

Pics in the F-t blog do it much more justice. He always brings something different to his shoes, in this case that flying robot camera and also having the models not walk like in a regular show.
                Oh, and I love that geometrical (?) top.

Comment

• galia
                  • Jun 2009

It's made of small geometric wood pannels, and it is a fantastic piece

Comment

• trentk
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by galia View Post
                    It's made of small geometric wood pannels, and it is a fantastic piece
                    It's also a simplicial complex.
                    Last edited by trentk; 01-22-2013, 02:42 AM.
                    "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mortalveneer
                        • Jan 2008

It's been years since I've approached topology, but could you expand on a "closed simplicial complex"?

Do you mean this is a closure of a larger set of simplices? My vocab in this area is woefully limited, so please excuse it.
                        I am not who you think I am

Comment

• trentk
                          • Oct 2010

Sorry, I was confusing different notions of closure. The closure you referred to is the correct notion of closure when we're talking about simplicial complexes, which means that the simplicial complex sweater and coat in this collection are just simplicial complexes. Delete the closed.
                          "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Patroklus
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2011

kinda funny that we were talking about trend forecasting in another thread, here's something i found in my trove of shit

i cant recall what season this was purporting to predict

Comment

• fncyths
                              • Apr 2010

Huffington Post article about Forget Me Knot
                              Originally posted by Shucks
                              it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                              Originally posted by interest1
                              I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• mortalveneer
                                • Jan 2008

A link that HuffPo suggested at the bottom of the article with some other photos:

The Forget Me Knot gold ring created by Icelandic fashion designer Sruli Recht is not your usual piece of luxury jewelry. The artist had a strip of his own skin surgically removed and mounted on
                                I am not who you think I am

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎