No announcement yet.

Sruli Recht

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i see your point. I will be getting one or two. or three.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

I don't think I've ever seen a pocket sized notebook with replacable paper..?
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
        i personally have made great use of everything i have from him. don't know what's so unpractical about a note book...
        you can please everybody man...........make a regular notebook and its not "designer"
        Make a designer notebook and its "impractical"
        I like them a lot, and I dont see a problem replacing the paper.
        I have a rough hewn one that I made and use for sketching/ design notes......I really like his though. I probably might order a set.
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          no, probably not, but that doesn't mean it would be nice for it to exist.
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

4 holes is standard where I live though.

Comment

• diamonds
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
              its just the fasteners he used are easy to open. which means that you could put more paper in if you wanted to... that's all.. i ddint know it was pocket sized either

but

i hadnt slept at all that day and my comments may have been a little rash

haha

oh well

heirloom, that answers part of my question then... about the 4-holed paper
              Last edited by diamonds; 03-21-2010, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• diamonds
                • Dec 2006

this is cool... i wouldn't wear buckles like that but the execution and look is very nice

Comment

• move_ment
                  • Feb 2009

Agreed. I love how he goes about his work. You can tell every last detail is meticulously thought out. True substance.

Comment

• bestial
                    • Jun 2008

put an order in for one of the three notebooks, would've wanted all of them, but I usually don't even make notes... beautiful nevertheless.

the concept of re-shoeing the books are also pretty witty, although maybe a bit of a hassle sending back and forth to iceland when the book is full.

Comment

i just found out he directed a movie that will be shown at the studio... i'm frickin curious. Am going back to Iceland in april, so those who have questions can ask me, i'll see what I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by diamonds View Post
                        i would want to be able to put more paper in if i needed to. without having to cut and punch the paper myself
                        I was told the clips are actually bent horse shoe nails. which resonates with the horse leather. They're really hard to tread the paper through apparently.

Comment

• diamonds
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                          I was told the clips are actually bent horse shoe nails. which resonates with the horse leather. They're really hard to tread the paper through apparently.
                          oh from the pictures they looked like the standard duotang clips...

my bad

Comment

• martin
                            • Jul 2008

Came across this feature on Sruli when i was browsing for furniture,

Yatzer is a global online destination that allows readers to both discover and follow the most engaging creative projects and people in art, fashion, design, architecture and hospitality from around the world.

nice place

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Received my Thy Will Be done small horse leather notebooks yesterday and they are lovely :)

Very happy to have finally made my first purchase from Sruli :)
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• bestial
                                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                                Received my Thy Will Be done small horse leather notebooks yesterday and they are lovely :)

Very happy to have finally made my first purchase from Sruli :)
                                Got mine two weeks ago, so simple but lovely.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎