Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lotek01
    • Aug 2009

This actually came out about 10 days ago but the aforementioned short film with Sruli as creative director can be seen here.

Also not new, but hasn't been discussed here yet. Despite how utterly useless they are in practical function, I fucking LOVE the designs for his series of flight masks (as in, masks to be worn on a flight for germaphobes).

functional full face piece combination single grill air-purifying respirator with replaceable-cartridge white N95 filters and light filtering sleep mask. faceted hinged eye mask lifts for viewing and nasal rest prevents pressure on eyes.

functional full face piece combination twin air-purifying respirators with replaceable-cartridge white N95 filters, light filtering sleep mask, and sound reduction ear covers. secondary inner eye piece prevents pressure on eyes.

functional full face piece combination single grill air-purifying respirator with replaceable-cartridge white N95 filters and light filtering sleep mask.

functional air-purifying grill format respirator with replaceable-cartridge white N95 filters.
    Article here.

Comment

• diamonds
      • Dec 2006

this is what i thought when i saw on designboom

Comment

• lotek01
        • Aug 2009

agree 200%, and the inner geek in me makes me lust for them all the more

Comment

• BeauIXI
          • Nov 2008

See, I thought the difference is that the ninja outfits make the wearer more alert and more mobile. The sleeping masks are made to sequester and anonymize the wearer, while also making him/her more vulnerable- they are sleeping masks, no? The anonymous aspect reminds me of my favorite piece, the masked cape.

Originally posted by philip nod
          somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

Here is more of his inner geek.

Comment

• JoniF
              • May 2009

Haha, wow, he's such a cool guy! Thanks for providing insight into his creativity!

Comment

• tigo
                • May 2009

There's also a sale going on, 30-40% till end of July.

I'm gonna get myself one of the wallets, been eyeing them for quite a while. Question is, which one to get? Perch or horse?

Comment

perch is very soft, horse is stiff. they're equally gorgeous, but i assume most people in here would fancy the horse leather. the white horse leather is incredible, and the meat side so lush.

Comment

Originally posted by JoniF View Post
                    Haha, wow, he's such a cool guy! Thanks for providing insight into his creativity!
                    yeah, i sat with a grin on my face. he's a great man.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Thanks for posting those Heirloom!

The videos brought a smile to my face, especially the first one. Great to see someone so talented like that be able to have a little fun while showing his designs and concepts.
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• MJRH
                        • Nov 2006

Another new project that hadn't been posted here yet, he helped design speakers. Made out of cardboard!

Original speakers by Joey Roth here, also a pretty neat design.
                        ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• tigo
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                          perch is very soft, horse is stiff. they're equally gorgeous, but i assume most people in here would fancy the horse leather. the white horse leather is incredible, and the meat side so lush.
                          Thanks for the overview (and starting this thread, which introduced me to his work)!

Decided on the white horse whalet, not sure what to think about the eventual dirtying of the wallet, but it would be interesting to see its colour change over time.

Comment

• galia
                            • Jun 2009

I'm buying a pink perch whalet
                            I've been wanting one for a long time, even though I don't think it'll be convenient for me at all. still, at that price I figured why not

I'm also happy to be getting my first Sruli Rech piece, I really like what the guy's doing

Comment

Here's the film he was talking about in the other clip, Garrote, accompanying the necklace made from piano wire and the scarabs made from lava ceramic. To me it's a perfect metaphor for the suffocating qualities of love, the egotistical and primitive undercurrents we always try to hide.

Comment

This domain name is available, own it today. Affordable payment options. Fast and professional service.

new article. it has some interesting clues about what's to come!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎