X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCastor
    • Dec 2010

excited to see it all.

i wonder if laughed will respond here or not.....

haters gonna hate.

Comment

• Dandyzoku
      • Dec 2010

Brilliant!! I wish I could get my hands on some of these pieces. I've been somewhat disillusioned by how conventional or "minimal" some designers have become lately. If anybody knows anyway in the Asia Pacific region to get some of these pieces that would be great. Cheers.
      qu'est-ce que je doit apporter à ces créatures???

Comment

• (((o
        • May 2009

Just saw the lookbook and it looks great. The fabric used looks really nice, especially on the trousers and knitted sweaters. The leather jackets look a bit strange, not in a bad way but I'm not sure it would be anything that I could wear.

If someone missed it.

Anyone been to the showroom and can share some thoughts about the collection?
        Last edited by (((o; 01-25-2011, 11:00 AM.
        i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Comment

• JCastor
          • Dec 2010

heirloom, was wondering if you knew when more info might be released on the materials and fabrics used in the collection.

Comment

• (((o
            • May 2009

Originally posted by merz
            eagerly looking to hear of some showroom impressions - what i saw from the lookbook alone makes it one of this season's more-exciting moments
            Couldn't agree more with you. I heard that there would be an article in Scoute later. Hope he'll have some pictures of the boots as well, and not just the shoes that are in the lookbook.
            i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Comment

• pierce4
              • Mar 2010

I think there is a primitive celtic/viking rawness to this collection, like as if the skins have been just ripped off hunted animals and made into clothes. Definitely has tapped into his surrounds and the cultural history of his location. There is something uniquely authentic about that.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

^ this is true, and the materials speak for it as well. virtually everything is from icelandic origin, the sheep fur, wool, all the skins from local tanneries, even small details with horse hair. I think its only the t-shirt jersey thats imported as its not available locally. the cuts are, as pointed out, very unique as he has basically done everything by draping fabric, not starting with classic or basic patterns.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• MJRH
                  • Nov 2006

I just noticed that, for some reason, this hasn't yet been posted. The new collection can be seen here.

As expected, the leathers, fabrics, and especially the dying are all impeccable. The silhouettes are stunning--Recht reminds me of Owens and Pugh in that he can repeatedly design otherworldly shapes that wouldn't be out of place in their own universe, but that also aren't out of place in ours. And my personal favourite thing about his designs is that the back is always at least as well designed as the front. Wonderfully evocative stuff.
                  ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• thejarc
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by MJRH View Post
                    I just noticed that, for some reason, this hasn't yet been posted. The new collection can be seen here.

As expected, the leathers, fabrics, and especially the dying are all impeccable. The silhouettes are stunning--Recht reminds me of Owens and Pugh in that he can repeatedly design otherworldly shapes that wouldn't be out of place in their own universe, but that also aren't out of place in ours. And my personal favourite thing about his designs is that the back is always at least as well designed as the front. Wonderfully evocative stuff.
                    It actually has been posted before.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I finally got introduced to Mr. Recht, and I am looking forward to seeing his next collection in Paris.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

I think the link either went unnoticed or people were too lazy to open a pdf, because the collection certainly warrants more discussion
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• swami
                          • Jul 2008

Stumbled on this through an architecture mag, Is looking really good , First Lost& Found and now this , the scope for mens fashion keeps getting wider ...

Comment

• michael_kard
                            • Oct 2010

Stuff looks completely unwearable to me.
                            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                              Stuff looks completely unwearable to me.
                              is there some compelling force that makes you constantly click the reply button regardless of whether or not you have anything interesting or relevant to say?

Comment

• michael_kard
                                • Oct 2010

No. I just don't like the clothes.
                                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎