• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MJRH
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by thejarc View Post
    It actually has been posted before.
    I almost just missed (((o's post just now, and I was even looking for it. Whoops! Thought everyone was still talking about the preview...

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
    is there some compelling force that makes you constantly click the reply button regardless of whether or not you have anything interesting or relevant to say?
    Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
    No.

...I think what people are looking for, here, is a reason why you don't. Roughly half of the "stuff" in the collection is definitely wearable by SZ standards--I mean, did you actually see the lookbook? The more tailored jackets, almost all of the pants, and the two long cardigans are all quite wearable, even if some of the leather pieces would be worthy of Moondog.

All of the responses seem to have been yea so far, so it would be nice to hear some constructive criticism, y'know?
    ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
      No. I just don't like the clothes.
      if thats all you have to say, don't bother responding. this is a discussion, not a poll.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

I really like the collection and the presentation (glad Sruli's thread and images have bumped up).

The construction and patternwork is really something to behold. I've not seen anything quite like it with folding and stitching to create some organic shapes and to change the silhouette of the pieces.

Some pieces are stronger than others but they all have the same "mood" to them. Personally I gravitate towards the more muted pieces since they are indeed more wearable without attracting too much attention to oneself.

The hand wrap gloves are really lovely... especially in the shearling.

I'd love to hear more about the materials and design process as it is evident that a LOT of research went into these aspects and taking the clothes at face value doesn't do them justice at all.

I've been checking Sruli's website for more information on pricing/ordering of the collection... this is a departure from the e-store method of sales that he's been doing for a while. Are any stores in the US ordering this collection or will it be available online on the site in the future?
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• (((o
          • May 2009

^
          I've been told that he will still sell the collection in the e-store but also in a few stores as well. I have not heard anything about which ones though.
          i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Comment

• michael_kard
            • Oct 2010

lowrey & MJRH, you are right and I'm sorry for just asserting my opinion for the sake of it.

First, the construction of the leather jackets - it's totally mind-boggling, but there's something totally alienating about the shapes formed, especially on the sides of the chest and the shoulders. The jackets as whole do not look balanced in my opinion, I don't think anyone could pull them off without looking over-the-top. They fit well, but I can't get past that. (pg 9) And the colours seem to make it worse.

Some of the trousers look rather awkward (especially pg 5), and this will be worse times 5 in real life. I mean, if it doesn't look good on the model then I dunno. Most basic tops (12, 13) fit really weird as well imo. I'm indifferent towards the accessories, but again I don't like most colours. Although I think the shearling hat looks cool.
            The white fur coat simply freaks me out. I think it looks scary.

Overall, I strongly dislike his almost fetishistic emphasis on all those weird animal-sourced materials like leather, feathers and furs. There are a few more ordinary-looking fabrics though - My favorite is the coat on pg. 16.
            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by (((o View Post
              ^
              I've been told that he will still sell the collection in the e-store but also in a few stores as well. I have not heard anything about which ones though.
              Very cool. As long as it can still be e-ordered :)

I'm eagerly awaiting the website update as he spends a good amount of time talking about the materials and process (the images of the Minke dorks are by far the best thing I've seen in a designers website. Ever.) and much of this stuff has to have a great story.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• quiet noise
                Banned
                • Dec 2008

Those leather jackets look absolutley gorgeous to me, and far more reminiscent of the "sz esque" than his previous work. btw, if you look at the shoulder/sleeve stitching, it almost looks like he has borrowed a couple of ideas from our very own Chinorlz for a smooth movement and adaptive fit.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

the unusual cuts are the result of him making all the patterns straight onto a form, so no classic or existing patterns were used for a majority of the collection. I'm pretty sure this is similar to what Albert does, molding the pattern around the body.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• (((o
                    • May 2009

Has anyone seen the boots that will be available in this collection? I'm interested in seeing how they look as they wasn't shown in the lookbook.

Comment

• (((o
                      • May 2009

^
                      Sounds promising.

Forgot to tell you when the blood nurse's arrived btw. I have not had a chance to wear them out yet. But once all the snow melts I'll be wearing them to all my mexican stand off's and espionage stuff as advised on the info sheet. Construction wise they're really nice, but it'll take a while to get used to the cuban heels.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

boots were cool, I will have some exclusive shots of them soon

Comment

• tofucactaur
                          • Jan 2010

does anybody know when this colection will be available? or what the pricing will be like? i love the large light grey coat with the incredible fold details on the shoulders. the leather jackets look amazing also!

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

New collection link to .pdf
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Beautiful work and as always, a beautiful presentation by Sruli and team!

There are a lot of very nice summer pieces in here. The wrap front sandals are very nice (and I've never seen leather like that spiky one in my life) as are the button up shirts and the design of the tank top.

I like the direction that Sruli has taken this collection. It still has the angular/polygonal style that his first one did but it has been softened so the pieces aren't so strong as to detract from the wearer which is what I felt like happened with some of the outerwear of the first collection. This flows with the wearer versus acting like armor.

The materials/treatments are also bound to be top notch and locally sourced which adds that something extra to his work as well.

I've been waiting for the ability to order the last collection on Sruli's website, and now I'll be eagerly awaiting this one as well. It's so rare for me to find sandals that I'll actually want to wear!

Well done Sruli!!!!

Comment

• Icarium
                                • Oct 2010

Wow he has a lot of amazing pieces with a lot of variety. That was awesome to look through. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎