Thread: Comme des Garcons Womens S/S 09 - Paris

Default Comme des Garcons Womens S/S 09 - Paris

How did we miss this?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Supermegagothninja. I don't know what to think of this (well, that's cause I can't see shit from the pictures), but this level of nextness, or next levelness all of a sudden makes Gareth Pugh look accessible.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I was thinking the same thing and I was going to post it, but I figured since I'm new to SZ, I didn't know the protocol..?

Yes, it does make G.P. accessable, but WOW, do I love the "soccer/football" panel inspiration juxtoposed with the hair.
    Photobucket
    And again, like Homme Plus, black black black. Maybe she will be inspired to do something similar for future H&M collections....I think that the last one piece fur suit will sit nicely on the floor.....haha.

It's super weird, makes me feel a bit uneasy. It looks like each body is being taken over and smothered by a big alien football, and some candyfloss about the head. Nice and summery though.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Supermegagothninja. I don't know what to think of this (well, that's cause I can't see shit from the pictures), but this level of nextness, or next levelness all of a sudden makes Gareth Pugh look accessible.
    Makes Gareth Pugh look like a rank amateur, if you ask me. I think that this season, the comparison is very apt as both designers dealt with the idea of geometry as applied to the body, but just look at the radically different results. Rei, in this collection as in the past, seems to start out with a concept and take it to a kind of logical extreme. Pugh, on the other hand, seems to start out with "normal" clothing as a kind of foundation, and build on top of that. In this instance I find Rei's methods far more compelling, and interesting.

when i first saw photos of this show i thought Eri Utsugi got depressed and started only using black. was a bit surprised when i read 'Comme des Garcons'. but anyway, i guess i dig it

Heirloom

I love it.

nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    ..this level of nextness, or next levelness all of a sudden makes Gareth Pugh look accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by droogist View Post
    Makes Gareth Pugh look like a rank amateur, if you ask me. I think that this season, the comparison is very apt as both designers dealt with the idea of geometry as applied to the body, but just look at the radically different results. Rei, in this collection as in the past, seems to start out with a concept and take it to a kind of logical extreme. Pugh, on the other hand, seems to start out with "normal" clothing as a kind of foundation, and build on top of that. In this instance I find Rei's methods far more compelling, and interesting.
    I can't argue with you... cause I can't see shit! It's too dark...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Someone enjoy conflict...! LOL Sometimes WWD and Style.com have really dark images. I usually go over to nymag for ones that have definitive detail.

http://nymag.com/fashion/fashionshow...mmedesgarcons/

Get your gloves onnnnn

saw this a while back but never commented...i love this, one of my favorite of Rei's collections in a while. I think she outdid Junya this time around...i'm likin this conceptually even more than the Pugh.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs