X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HWith
    • May 2007

The SZ guide to Berlin

So, I'll be going to Berlin in a week or two and staying there for 3-4 days. It's a short stay and I want to get the most out of, so I've pretty much given up on most guide books. They're huge and it's hard to decide what's worth doing and where's worth going, so I thought I'd ask here instead. I've been there twice with my school several years ago, so I've seen most of the usual DDR/Nazi-related museums and stuff, so I wanna skip that part. Instead I was thinking about good museums with modern art, cool shops, interesting places, maybe good places for going out (it's okay that it's not too mainstream), vintage-shops, places to eat and anything else interesting you can think of. Money's short this time so it would be great if some of the stuff was kinda budget-friendly, although I'm willing to spend a bit more of stuff that seems really worth the price. Oh, and I'm 21 years old.

Thanks!
  • ahlefeldt
    • May 2008

Definitely check out Lil Shop Berlin http://www.lil-shop.com/
    Brunnenstrasse 184 D-10119 Berlin Mitte

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

check out seven star gallery for neat photography, it shares the location with Darklands.

Homage should also open soon, its a pretty interesting gallery/shop/event concept: http://www.homage-berlin.com

go to Mauerpark on a sunday, and whatch drugged up kids who have been partying non-stop since saturday still dancing in the middle of sunday afternoon, you dont see this anywhere else. theres also a big flea market thats always packed.

I could go on but everything I like is pretty much here: http://scoute.org/travel/berlin

heres a google map
      Last edited by lowrey; 10-15-2008, 03:12 PM.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• AKA*NYC
        • Nov 2007

you wouldn't happen to have one of these maps for milan would you ml?
        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
          you wouldn't happen to have one of these maps for milan would you ml?
          Dude, you gotta stay at STRAF. Baller. Milan is a bit of a craphole though... Make sure you go to the Henry Cuir store in the Navigli (you can also stare at the canal where the CCP models were floating).
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

AKA, theres a thread somewhere I made about Milan. the city can be a bit meh, but you can actually have a good time and theres a couple of really nice stores
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• HWith
              • May 2007

Thanks a lot, Mike! Just what I needed. But no one knows any good vintage shops? We don't have any for men here in Copenhagen, so I was looking forward to visiting some in Berlin...

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

you mean vintage clothing, right? what kind of stuff are you looking for?

Cash, which is run by the store Apartment, has designer stuff from older seasons as well as second hand. quite a wide range from raf simons to number(n)ine to marc jacobs.

theres a store called OFT, which I believe is a bit more like a thrift store, I havent been there.

there are several big flea markets as well but not sure if thats what you're looking for

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                  AKA, theres a thread somewhere I made about Milan. the city can be a bit meh, but you can actually have a good time and theres a couple of really nice stores
                  Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Dude, you gotta stay at STRAF. Baller. Milan is a bit of a craphole though... Make sure you go to the Henry Cuir store in the Navigli (you can also stare at the canal where the CCP models were floating).
                  thanks guys. the consensus seems to be that milan is a drag. i'm only there for a few days and the trip is work related. i wish i could stay at straf, wow, but we're already booked into some other joint. at least i'll get to visit the downstream mainstream canal since there's no leaning towers or ancient ruins to look at.

p.s. sorry to subvert the thread. i know it's supposed to be berlin.
                  LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

go to Antonioli while there, its in Navigli

heres the thread, which is kind of f'ed up because of the software switch: http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3317

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                      thanks guys. the consensus seems to be that milan is a drag. i'm only there for a few days and the trip is work related. i wish i could stay at straf, wow, but we're already booked into some other joint. at least i'll get to visit the downstream mainstream canal since there's no leaning towers or ancient ruins to look at.

p.s. sorry to subvert the thread. i know it's supposed to be berlin.
                      Here is what you are missing out on, my friend...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

as well as this...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• HWith
                          • May 2007

That sounds great! Yeah, I'm mostly looking for vintage clothing. I was wondering if there were other 'high end' second hand stores with mostly designer labels and any second hand stores with selected quality pieces. But Cash sounds great, I'll definitely check that one out.

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                          you mean vintage clothing, right? what kind of stuff are you looking for?

Cash, which is run by the store Apartment, has designer stuff from older seasons as well as second hand. quite a wide range from raf simons to number(n)ine to marc jacobs.

theres a store called OFT, which I believe is a bit more like a thrift store, I havent been there.

there are several big flea markets as well but not sure if thats what you're looking for

Comment

• clovn
                            • Apr 2010

Guys, I'm heading for Berlin in around 2 weeks. Will live there for 8 months. I don't know absolutely anything there, but would enjoy your company, you know, someone to ramble with, hang out with... Any benevolent local offering support in SZ manners?

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Looking at my posts above, Imageshack link recycling strikes again.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎