Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SolidDuke
    • Aug 2012

Went to Apartment today, the store is amazing. Love the RO selection. Anyone know where to buy a decent MA-1 is in this city. Ive seen numerous people wearing amazing ones.

Comment

• Atmosphere
      • Jan 2010

I'm gonna be in Berlin for two weeks, going there sunday the 21st.. I need things to do, so I'd love to know about the SZ people's favourite bars, restaurants and galleries

Comment

• Mikevigar
        • Jan 2010

Go to the bird for a burger, get curry wurst under the tracks at friedrichstrasse station, I'm fond of an Italian called vaparetto at the bottom of albrechstrasse by the back entrance to friedrichstrasse station too. Alt Berlin is a nice little bar not far from hackeschermarkt.

If you're there for two weeks fit in some museums, the German resistance museum is interesting and free I think. Gallery wise there are many choices, if you're heading to darklands I'm sure they can recommend or let you know of exhibitions happening currently.

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Atmosphere View Post
          I'm gonna be in Berlin for two weeks, going there sunday the 21st.. I need things to do, so I'd love to know about the SZ people's favourite bars, restaurants and galleries
          Pauly Saal had the best cocktails I had in berlin. Atmosphere was dull though.

Buck & Breck, The Butcher and Stagger Lee are all lovely bars. Atmosphere in the last two was pretty good.

The Pantry and Rutz Weinbar are two excellent places to eat. The latter is quite expensive.

The Bird wasn't particularly exciting.
          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Anomie
            • Jan 2011

I agree with the Wienbar Rutz recommendation for wine and small plates.

Horvath was the best meal we had on a recent trip.

Check out (appointment required) the Sammlung Boros Bunker Gallery:

Last edited by Anomie; 07-14-2013, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Atmosphere
              • Jan 2010

Thanks for all the suggestions! Both Buck & Breck and Weinbar Rutz were already on my list, will definitely have to go there now. Any good places for korean food? I know Arirang is supposed to be better than, to name one place, Kimchi Princess, but Wedding feels a bit far away from Kreuzkölln...

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Anomie View Post

Check out (appointment required) the Sammlung Boros Bunker Gallery:

http://www.sammlung-boros.de/sammlung-boros.html

I know that this is old, but freundevonfreunden published an interview with Christian Boros and a lot of picture from inside the bunker.
                It’s quite charming to read, and the space is, in lack of a better word, radical. Definitely a gallery to check out, I’d say.
                Entering the Boros residence surpasses any archetypal ‘home visit’ one might expect. As a former Nazi air raid shelter erected in 1942 in central Berlin, it is a home like no other. Its heavy open doors welcome visitors down a series of interconnected bare concrete corridors. Bullet holes from the Second World War bear witness...

Comment

• en0rm
                  • May 2010

Going to Berlin soon...can you guys (locals?) give me some tips where the current "hot" or interesting places are to go clubbing ?
                  I know the well known ones...looking for underground locations

Thanks for the help
                  Last edited by en0rm; 02-04-2014, 07:32 AM.

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

golden gate plays house at times, i think...? it's about as seedy as it gets...

Comment

• en0rm
                      • May 2010

thanks, i actually heard of that somewhere.
                      have you been ?

Comment

• Atmosphere
                        • Jan 2010

I've been there, and I can really recommend it if you're looking for a club with an "underground" feel to it. The music was good and the vibe was great.

Good mix of people as well, ranging from 25 year old girls to guys in their forties asking "hast du Speed?", everybody just enjoying the music.

Comment

• MoFiya
                          • Sep 2007

Is Golden Gate really underground? Or, let me rephrase, are there any clubs in Berlin that don't do their best to have that "underground feel to it"?
                          I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                          But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• curiouscharles
                            • Jan 2008

golden gate is great, watergate is great, berghain is great, weekend is great - as are all the raves you'll run into on the street on your way home at 9am.

hard to go wrong in berlin, regardless of how "underground" the bar is you're going to.

-

Comment

• Atmosphere
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
                              Is Golden Gate really underground? Or, let me rephrase, are there any clubs in Berlin that don't do their best to have that "underground feel to it"?
                              No, of course Golden Gate isn't underground per se, as it's quite well known. Though I would still say that, of the more or less well known ones, it is the club to go to if the "underground vibe" is what you're looking for. Despite the fact that every single club in Berlin wants to be underground, Golden Gate felt, you know, somewhat genuine or "real" or whatever. As I don't live in Berlin (neither have I ever lived there) I don't know of any of the proper underground venues.

I would love to hear a berliners say about the clubbing scene there at the moment, there should be at least some members here who are in the know, right?

Comment

• Verdandi
                                • Mar 2012

I wouldn't set foot into Weekend even if they paid me. It changed a lot an not for the better. But it used to be an awesome club five years ago.

With Watergate it really depends on who's playing, the crowd tends to be more on the younger side these days.

As for lesser known clubs:

I would always check if there is a party at Fiesere Miese. It's not a techno club per sé, but when they do electronic parties it's always worth a visit.

MIKZ, I've already mentioned them in this thread and it's still a great club.

about blank, they cover almost all areas of electronic music, so check the dates.

Club der Visionäre, really needs no explanation.

Ritter Butzke in Kreuzberg

All of these are not underground, but still worth a visit. The 'real' underground parties are usually either illegal or take place in somebodys basement otr living room.
                                Last edited by Verdandi; 02-04-2014, 02:45 PM.
                                lavender menace

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎