Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The SZ guide to Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by jurassicsnark View Post
    Also, I don't know the right place to ask this (mods, feel free to move, sorry), but does anyone have any tips for Tel Aviv / Jerusalem? I'll be heading there after Berlin.
    Tel-Aviv - eat lots of vegetables! They are amazing. Vegans move to Israel just for food. There is an artsy neighborhood in Tel-Aviv, but I forget the name. Just ask at your hotel - Israelis are some of the warmest and open people I have ever met, and they are very happy to show you the best of their little country.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Thanks, Nickefuge. That sounds right up my alley (I'm a designer, and my partner is a scientist).
    Thanks, Faust. I am looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jurassicsnark View Post
    Thanks, Nickefuge. That sounds right up my alley (I'm a designer, and my partner is a scientist).
    Thanks, Faust. I am looking forward to it.
    I live here, feel free to ask whatever you need.
    I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
    My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Went to Harvey's recently; good selection (despite the shop being impossible to navigate) and Siegfrieds friendly enough, but once he sensed that I wasn't buying he wrapped up and closed off real quick. Pretty unfortunate altitude, but then again I can't say German's customer service has been over the top anywhere I've been to.

Edit: also asked him to email me if he received some specific article and he flat out refused cause he "doesn't do email"?!… happy to spend my money elsewhere

He is a character in many ways.. Just realized I haven't been there in nearly 10 years
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Anything interesting of note lately to look at?
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    Anything interesting of note lately to look at?
    https://www.julia-stoschek-collectio...tion-loss.html

I heard Jon Rafman's Dream Journal at Sprüth Magers is quite good

What are your favorite cafés in Berlin? Need some recommendations.

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Cuore di Vetro (in Mitte) for: ice-cream, coffe, cakes and pre-dinner drinks (aka "aperitivi").
    Ask for Riccardo, a good friend of mine and -most of all- a very good pastry chef & bartender ;)
    http://www.cuoredivetro.berlin/
    Last edited by jap808; 10-24-2017 at 12:20 PM.

The Greenhouse Berlin is a fantastic place to check out for art & music events in the space on the 8th floor, as well as privately inside artists studios. Additionally there is a fantastic cafe also on the 8th floor that serves veg/vegan food till relatively late into the evening.

Anything worth checking out this weekend in Berlin?
    I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
    My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

^ that sounds good, thanks for the tip!

I'll be visiting this weekend to attend this event:
    https://mirafestivalberlin.com/
    I have dreams of orca whales and owls
    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

I should be in Berlin, too this weekend!

If someone's interested in synthesizers and electronic music (me & my friends are ;), shouldn't miss Superbooth -->
    https://www.superbooth.com

Once again, back from Berlin with a couple of very good finds: you may find some interesting BBS pieces at 2 consignement-2nd hand shop, the already well-established Das Neue Schwarz and the brand-new Archive

Me and my friend picked up a BBS sweater, an immaculate black classic long tee and -my favourite- a tejana sleeveless denim jacket/vest in rust, which I've never ever seen anywhere.

Both shop are worth a visit.

I’m looking for help finding any good avant garde galleries and musea in berlin.

Quote Originally Posted by jap808 View Post
    the brand-new Archive
    I think this already closed, but it was rather a shit show tbh – lots of regular 2nd hand clothes (adidas track suits etc.), then 4 pairs of Yeezies and lasty, a small rack with about 6 pieces of BBS and Drkshdw.
    -Paris Hilton

Quote Originally Posted by fela View Post
    I’m looking for help finding any good avant garde galleries and musea in berlin.

Julia Stoschek Collection, Galerie König, KW Institute
    Hamburger Bahnhof

… these are some that always have interesting exhibitions, you can just walk in and I am sure you will see something you’ll like. The last one in the list is showing an interesting piece by Agnieszka Polska right now, that I recommend (… and also some Beuys, Judd, Abramovic etc. – you’ll have to go twice if you wann take it all in).

KW Institute is situated in a small street that features a few other tiny galleries, a good book/magazine shop (Do Your Read Me?), an excellent 1-star restaurant (Pauly Saal) and a Hay store, so you can basically spend a nice few hours there and you’ll have a good time.
    Last edited by Nickefuge; 02-11-2019 at 04:52 AM.
    -Paris Hilton

Quote Originally Posted by fela View Post
    Eigen+Art Lab, KOW, Kraupa-Tuscany Zeidler and Ex-Girlfriend are worth checking out

Im gonna be there too, during Easter. Pauly Saal is already booked. Will see if i have time to check the other things too. Will be there for Sven Väth in Watergate, so not sure if we have time for much more.