Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickefuge
    • Nov 2014

Gonna stay in Berlin for the weekend – any recommendations for current exhibitions or pop-up stores?
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Nickefuge
      • Nov 2014

FYI Apartment is closed for renovations and will re-open in October.
      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• jurassicsnark
        • Sep 2015

Hi all,
        I am speaking in Berlin on Nov 16 and will be there for the rest of the week. I read the whole thread, but I'd be grateful for anything going on that is timely or not represented here already. Thanks!

Comment

• jurassicsnark
          • Sep 2015

Also, I don't know the right place to ask this (mods, feel free to move, sorry), but does anyone have any tips for Tel Aviv / Jerusalem? I'll be heading there after Berlin.

Comment

• Nickefuge
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by jurassicsnark View Post
            Hi all,
            I am speaking in Berlin on Nov 16 and will be there for the rest of the week. I read the whole thread, but I'd be grateful for anything going on that is timely or not represented here already. Thanks!
            There's an interesting exhibition about the relationship between science and art at the Martin-Gropius Bau.
            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Also, I don't know the right place to ask this (mods, feel free to move, sorry), but does anyone have any tips for Tel Aviv / Jerusalem? I'll be heading there after Berlin.
              Tel-Aviv - eat lots of vegetables! They are amazing. Vegans move to Israel just for food. There is an artsy neighborhood in Tel-Aviv, but I forget the name. Just ask at your hotel - Israelis are some of the warmest and open people I have ever met, and they are very happy to show you the best of their little country.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                • Sep 2015

Thanks, Nickefuge. That sounds right up my alley (I'm a designer, and my partner is a scientist).
                Thanks, Faust. I am looking forward to it.

Comment

• Anton
                  • Oct 2014

Thanks, Nickefuge. That sounds right up my alley (I'm a designer, and my partner is a scientist).
                  Thanks, Faust. I am looking forward to it.
                  I live here, feel free to ask whatever you need.
                  I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
                  My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• Dropt
                    • May 2009

Went to Harvey's recently; good selection (despite the shop being impossible to navigate) and Siegfrieds friendly enough, but once he sensed that I wasn't buying he wrapped up and closed off real quick. Pretty unfortunate altitude, but then again I can't say German's customer service has been over the top anywhere I've been to.

Edit: also asked him to email me if he received some specific article and he flat out refused cause he "doesn't do email"?!… happy to spend my money elsewhere

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

He is a character in many ways.. Just realized I haven't been there in nearly 10 years
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                        • Apr 2013

Anything interesting of note lately to look at?
                        Originally posted by unwashed
                        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                        Originally posted by Ahimsa
                        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• matglenn
                          • Jun 2016

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                          Anything interesting of note lately to look at?

I heard Jon Rafman's Dream Journal at Sprüth Magers is quite good

Comment

• Nickefuge
                            • Nov 2014

What are your favorite cafés in Berlin? Need some recommendations.

-Paris Hilton

Comment

• jap808
                              • Dec 2012

Cuore di Vetro (in Mitte) for: ice-cream, coffe, cakes and pre-dinner drinks (aka "aperitivi").
                              Ask for Riccardo, a good friend of mine and -most of all- a very good pastry chef & bartender ;)
                              http://www.cuoredivetro.berlin/
                              Last edited by jap808; 10-24-2017, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• greatsage
                                • Oct 2017

The Greenhouse Berlin is a fantastic place to check out for art & music events in the space on the 8th floor, as well as privately inside artists studios. Additionally there is a fantastic cafe also on the 8th floor that serves veg/vegan food till relatively late into the evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎