Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The SZ guide to Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by Verdandi View Post

If you are into dive bars that play punk music there's Trinkteufel in Kreuzberg. It's a fun place most of the time but best in the early morning hours (but tons of wasted people, and I mean really wasted).
    seems good ahaha !

There's Nosaj Thing playing at 13th but I don't remeber where. All I know is that the tickets are at 12 euro and I'm going :P
    Going there tomorrow or the day after tomorrow with my better half as well.

I found a cool spot to stay in Berlin, the Wombats hostel in Berlin. Super location in the fashion district with rock bottom prices.

going in a couple months, this thread has been helpful.

Where should I eat, where should I drink, where should I play, what should I see?
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Default berlin

Quote Originally Posted by theetruscan View Post
    Where should I eat, where should I drink, where should I play, what should I see?
    just come by the shop . . . we will sort you out with all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklands View Post
    just come by the shop . . . we will sort you out with all of that.
    Thank you for the offer! I will drop by as soon as the jetlag cobwebs clear.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

anyone in berlin interested in doing me a favor?? pm me if so.
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Verdandi View Post
    It really depends on what kind of music you like.

MIKZ (also in F'hain)
    Was in Berlin this past week and ended up in Mikz, dark dingey and open till late AM, great night.
    Quote Originally Posted by christianef View Post
    u looks like tbone on the juice.

Heading to berlin tomorrow, hopefully swing by darklands and check it out.

Went to Apartment today, the store is amazing. Love the RO selection. Anyone know where to buy a decent MA-1 is in this city. Ive seen numerous people wearing amazing ones.

I'm gonna be in Berlin for two weeks, going there sunday the 21st.. I need things to do, so I'd love to know about the SZ people's favourite bars, restaurants and galleries

Go to the bird for a burger, get curry wurst under the tracks at friedrichstrasse station, I'm fond of an Italian called vaparetto at the bottom of albrechstrasse by the back entrance to friedrichstrasse station too. Alt Berlin is a nice little bar not far from hackeschermarkt.

If you're there for two weeks fit in some museums, the German resistance museum is interesting and free I think. Gallery wise there are many choices, if you're heading to darklands I'm sure they can recommend or let you know of exhibitions happening currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Atmosphere View Post
    I'm gonna be in Berlin for two weeks, going there sunday the 21st.. I need things to do, so I'd love to know about the SZ people's favourite bars, restaurants and galleries
    Pauly Saal had the best cocktails I had in berlin. Atmosphere was dull though.

Buck & Breck, The Butcher and Stagger Lee are all lovely bars. Atmosphere in the last two was pretty good.

The Pantry and Rutz Weinbar are two excellent places to eat. The latter is quite expensive.

The Bird wasn't particularly exciting.

I agree with the Wienbar Rutz recommendation for wine and small plates.

Horvath was the best meal we had on a recent trip.

Check out (appointment required) the Sammlung Boros Bunker Gallery:

http://www.sammlung-boros.de/sammlung-boros.html
    Last edited by Anomie; 07-14-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Thanks for all the suggestions! Both Buck & Breck and Weinbar Rutz were already on my list, will definitely have to go there now. Any good places for korean food? I know Arirang is supposed to be better than, to name one place, Kimchi Princess, but Wedding feels a bit far away from Kreuzkölln...

Quote Originally Posted by Anomie View Post

Check out (appointment required) the Sammlung Boros Bunker Gallery:

http://www.sammlung-boros.de/sammlung-boros.html

I know that this is old, but freundevonfreunden published an interview with Christian Boros and a lot of picture from inside the bunker.
    It’s quite charming to read, and the space is, in lack of a better word, radical. Definitely a gallery to check out, I’d say.
    http://www.freundevonfreunden.com/in...n-boros/#video

Going to Berlin soon...can you guys (locals?) give me some tips where the current "hot" or interesting places are to go clubbing ?
    I know the well known ones...looking for underground locations

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by en0rm; 02-04-2014 at 07:32 AM.

golden gate plays house at times, i think...? it's about as seedy as it gets...

thanks, i actually heard of that somewhere.
    have you been ?