Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The SZ guide to Berlin

I've been there, and I can really recommend it if you're looking for a club with an "underground" feel to it. The music was good and the vibe was great.

Good mix of people as well, ranging from 25 year old girls to guys in their forties asking "hast du Speed?", everybody just enjoying the music.

Is Golden Gate really underground? Or, let me rephrase, are there any clubs in Berlin that don't do their best to have that "underground feel to it"?
    I have dreams of orca whales and owls
    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

golden gate is great, watergate is great, berghain is great, weekend is great - as are all the raves you'll run into on the street on your way home at 9am.

hard to go wrong in berlin, regardless of how "underground" the bar is you're going to.

-

Quote Originally Posted by MoFiya View Post
    Is Golden Gate really underground? Or, let me rephrase, are there any clubs in Berlin that don't do their best to have that "underground feel to it"?
    No, of course Golden Gate isn't underground per se, as it's quite well known. Though I would still say that, of the more or less well known ones, it is the club to go to if the "underground vibe" is what you're looking for. Despite the fact that every single club in Berlin wants to be underground, Golden Gate felt, you know, somewhat genuine or "real" or whatever. As I don't live in Berlin (neither have I ever lived there) I don't know of any of the proper underground venues.

I would love to hear a berliners say about the clubbing scene there at the moment, there should be at least some members here who are in the know, right?

I wouldn't set foot into Weekend even if they paid me. It changed a lot an not for the better. But it used to be an awesome club five years ago.

With Watergate it really depends on who's playing, the crowd tends to be more on the younger side these days.

As for lesser known clubs:

I would always check if there is a party at Fiesere Miese. It's not a techno club per sé, but when they do electronic parties it's always worth a visit.

MIKZ, I've already mentioned them in this thread and it's still a great club.

about blank, they cover almost all areas of electronic music, so check the dates.

Club der Visionäre, really needs no explanation.

Ritter Butzke in Kreuzberg

All of these are not underground, but still worth a visit. The 'real' underground parties are usually either illegal or take place in somebodys basement otr living room.
    Last edited by Verdandi; 02-04-2014 at 02:45 PM.
    lavender menace

club der visionäre, esp. in summertime <3

also, somebody needs to mention tresor. so i'll do that, shall i? tresor.

and stattbad. don't forget stattbad.
    Last edited by Shucks; 02-06-2014 at 10:56 AM.

sysiphus is the thing, especially in summer.
    tresor and berghain are the key players for good techno.

Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    club der visionäre, esp. in summertime <3

also, somebody needs to mention tresor. so i'll do that, shall i? tresor.

and stattbad. don't forget stattbad.
    That should go without mentioning. I mean, despite all the Berhain hype, who doesn't know Tresor?

Agree on CdV, although I used to be more of a Bar25 kid.
    lavender menace

then there's drone, which happens to be having a party tonite that i wish i would be at...

DRONE TEKNO INDUSTRIAL INJECTION EVENT

A/ONA - DJ MIX

There are plenty of so called "hot" places, which i have never been to hahaha...Sysiphos, Wilde Renate, Prince Charles...

I would at no cost go to Weekend, it turned to a BNT place flooded by tourists and teenagers, really really bad. Watergate can be hit and miss.

The only place i went to on a regular basis, despite all the hype about it, is Berghain, still my favorite place in the whole wide world.

Havent been to the new Tresor for a real party, dont know if it holds up to its myth...the original one was pretty crazy...
    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

^This man know's^

"The only place i go to on a regular basis, despite all the hype about it, is Berghain, still my favorite place in the whole wide world."

Definitely a place still on my list ... but I'm always hesitant to go there, wait for hours and then get rejected out of blue.

When I was in Berlin the last time, we went to Kater Holzig and had a great night/day as well (: It is closed now, unfortunately.
    I have dreams of orca whales and owls
    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

^ Just go there on a sunday afternoon. You'll be inside within a few minutes. Was there yesterday/this morning, had a great time.

Haus parties are the best though, at least now when it's bloody cold outside, so if you know any locals that's what you should try and get invited to!

Been years, but I went to Maria in Friedrichshain. Now it's apparently called Magdalena. A lot of Jaeger was involved but I think I had a good time....
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Was thinking of going there tonite actually. Funny that you mention it, don't think I've heard of it before. Had a look at residentadvisor and there's not much going on. If I go, let's hope you had a good time..

This Saturday I will be interviewing Iris van Herpen at the SoHo House in Berlin. The event is not open to the public but I have a couple of guest spots. If you are a creative professional based in Berlin and would possibly like to attend, message me.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Sooo, what's going on in Berlin this weekend? Anything I should not miss?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Probably, most of you've already been here, but...
    ...for no reason I'd miss a vietnamense lunch/dinner at Monsieur Vuong (in Mitte) :)

Quote Originally Posted by jap808 View Post
    Probably, most of you've already been here, but...
    ...for no reason I'd miss a vietnamense lunch/dinner at Monsieur Vuong (in Mitte) :)
    Great place and great owners. They also own fully furnished long/short term stay apartments in Berlin including over in Charlottenburg.

Monsieur Vuong's is also just a short jaunt away from The Apartment, Cash, Andreas Murkudis, Ulf Haines and tons of other tiny tucked away awesome places!
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Andreas Murkudis has moved out of Mitte. Apparently Mitte has hit its SoHo reputation and now creatives that have built the neighborhood are leaving it. He's on a serious expansion kick - I heard he opened three new stores (not all clothes)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine