Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Verdandi
    • Mar 2012

He moved his old store to the Bikinihaus, which is at the Zoologischer Garten. His other stores are in there as well. It's a 'concept-mall' (the last thing we needed was more malls) and from what I've heard it's quite nice. I haven't been yet, but I am sure I'll have a look despite my dislike for malls.

A lot of people I know are moving away from Mitte. Funny, back in my university days I really wanted to move there but decided my money was spent elsewhere better and stuck around in F'hain. Now that I've moved back I didn't want to buy a place there anymore.
    lavender menace

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I was going to go to the Bikinihaus to look at the new Gestalten verlag space, but didn't get a chance. I think y'all should follow American lead for once and have stores open Sundays, really.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Andreas Murkudis has moved out of Mitte. Apparently Mitte has hit its SoHo reputation and now creatives that have built the neighborhood are leaving it. He's on a serious expansion kick - I heard he opened three new stores (not all clothes)
        Interesting. Also no surprise as well given the quick evolution and hype of the A-platz/Mitte area.

We lived in West Berlin when we were there in Charlottenburg. Nice neighborhood that was still super close to Ku'damm/Zoogarten. Be interesting to see things moving back that way.
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I believe Charolttenburg is where the new Murkudis flagship is.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bukka
            • Sep 2011

Going to Berlin in less than two weeks to run the Marathon. Run is on sunday, I bought tickets for the philharmoniker on friday. I would love to go to some nice restaurant before enjoying the concerto. Any recommandation?
            Thanks
            Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Danse Générale
              • May 2011

Originally posted by bukka View Post
              Going to Berlin in less than two weeks to run the Marathon. Run is on sunday, I bought tickets for the philharmoniker on friday. I would love to go to some nice restaurant before enjoying the concerto. Any recommandation?
              Thanks
              i love pantry (http://www.pantry-berlin.com). very comfy atmosphere with a creative kitchen...
              MANI (http://www.amanogroup.de/en/eat-drink/mani-restaurant) is a lovely place with an israeli/ french cuisine...

Comment

• VonStraap
                • Nov 2010

Just came back from Berlin yesterday. For a decently priced Italian can highly recommend Pappa e Ciccia in Prentzlauer Berg (http://www.pappaeciccia.de).

..and after all these years Burgermeister still delivers ;)

Comment

• Jun 2013

going to berlin next week, anyone know good exhibitions going on?

and any good places that I should check (architecture/galleries/shops/restaurant...etc)

Thanks.

Comment

• d'avant-garde
                    • Sep 2013

they also have a second hand/consignment store called cash berlin at
                    Memhardstraße 8, 10178 Berlin, Germany

I bought a rick owens strutter jacket from 08 there

Comment

• jap808
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by d'avant-garde View Post
                      http://www.apartmentberlin.de/

they also have a second hand/consignment store called cash berlin at
                      Memhardstraße 8, 10178 Berlin, Germany

I bought a rick owens strutter jacket from 08 there
                      ps (maybe useful for 1st visitors): Apartment the shop is literally under-the-ground... If I'm not wrong, you have to enter (ring the bell if needed) an empty shop with large empty windows, look for a hole in the floor (on the right) and go downstairs...
                      Cash is just around the corner: good luck!

Comment

• nvsnli
                        • Mar 2013

Damn i want to get back to Berlin for partying.
                        I really like Renate and Club Der Visionäre was cool too.

Weekend was ok to visit one time, probably would not go there a second time.
                        Watergate was quite fun, Tresor was ok.

Some day i try not to be so fucked up so i can actually even have a chance to get in Berghain.

Comment

• trentk
                          • Oct 2010

Thoughts on this Catherine Christer Hennix quote anyone?

"My move to Berlin was occasioned by its excellent musicians some of whom now make up the core of the ensemble. I live in a 120 years old house surrounded by a courtyard which keeps the street noise out. It affords long-range opportunities for intensive sound experiments and uninterrupted listening without leaving the house for days or weeks. This is a very ideal situation for a composer like me. It remains for the City of Berlin to become the first World City to support the remains of High Modernity without diluting it with pre- or post-modern works – as in New York or Paris. Then something may happen and I might be given the occasion to venture out of my house. As it presently is positioned Berlin appears directionless in its cultural ambitions and without a radical intervention risks becoming as bland as all other European metropolitan zones."

"He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• d'avant-garde
                            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by jap808 View Post
                            ps (maybe useful for 1st visitors): Apartment the shop is literally under-the-ground... If I'm not wrong, you have to enter (ring the bell if needed) an empty shop with large empty windows, look for a hole in the floor (on the right) and go downstairs...
                            Cash is just around the corner: good luck!
                            yes for apartment you go under ground all new product, cash is the consignment store with used around the corner with gems. picked up this from there for 700 euro

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

Wow, I don't know what to say about this quote, but as a composer I find it extremely interesting!

Originally posted by trentk View Post
                              Thoughts on this Catherine Christer Hennix quote anyone?

"My move to Berlin was occasioned by its excellent musicians some of whom now make up the core of the ensemble. I live in a 120 years old house surrounded by a courtyard which keeps the street noise out. It affords long-range opportunities for intensive sound experiments and uninterrupted listening without leaving the house for days or weeks. This is a very ideal situation for a composer like me. It remains for the City of Berlin to become the first World City to support the remains of High Modernity without diluting it with pre- or post-modern works – as in New York or Paris. Then something may happen and I might be given the occasion to venture out of my house. As it presently is positioned Berlin appears directionless in its cultural ambitions and without a radical intervention risks becoming as bland as all other European metropolitan zones."

http://www.saatchigallery.com/artand...=475&b_log=475
                              music

Comment

• Piffen
                                • Aug 2007

Pretty sure that CA$H closed.. It was nice though, I actually worked there for a very short while.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎