Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 182

Thread: The SZ guide to Berlin

  1. #101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdandi View Post
    Do you mean a traditional barber shop? There are a ton of turkish barber shops all over the city. I'll ask my male friends which one they would recommend.

    As for rental space: The most well known studios/spaces for rent are K18, Atelier 79, Fabriken. There are dozens more. If you speak German looking through the ''ebay Kleinanzeigen'' is always worth a try.

    Right now Das neue Schwarz is the only designer second hand store here that's worth it. But there are countless non-designer thrift stores around. It's almost as if one opens every week somewhere.

    And for steroshops: HiFi im Hinterhof, Schalldruck, PhonoPhono.

    If you have any more questions feel free to contact me.
    Ahh cheers, thanks for the response, much appreciated. Yes, if there is any barbershop that is better than any other ones, let me know.

  2. #102

    Default

    I’ll be in Berlin this August and have a more specific question to the residents: if you’d do a 2-day trip to the baltic sea shore, where would you go?
    I checked out the Deutsche Bahn Warnemünde-Express (on weekends) and the BLB Bus to Usedom so far, but really don’t want crowded beaches (which I assume both destinations would be)

    Any secret tips?

  3. #103

    Default

    There are no secret tips in August. It will be overcrowded everywhere. Keep in mind that all Bundesländer except for NRW don't have school in August this year.
    lavender menace

  4. #104

    Default

    http://www.style.com/culture/art/201...ospective-032c

    this'll probably pique someone's interest on here.

  5. #105
    kitsch killer Faust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Long hard road out of hell
    Posts
    37,720

    Default

    I've been to the 032c gallery opening events twice and both times they were shit shows of hipsters who are there for free beer. The displays are a joke, as if they take pride in not trying. And that's with all due respect to 032c as a magazine.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

    StyleZeitgeist Magazine

  6. #106

    Default

    Even the pictures look boring, they remind me of an exhibition made by lazy students at the end of the semester.
    At least there´s free beer.
    Last edited by Nickefuge; 07-29-2015 at 05:42 PM.

  7. #107

    Default

    damn, had no idea it was that bad. didn't read too far into it but guess ill steer clear of everything but the drinks.

    shame, though

  8. #108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdandi View Post
    There are no secret tips in August. It will be overcrowded everywhere. Keep in mind that all Bundesländer except for NRW don't have school in August this year.
    ’s been a long time that I checked out Ferienkalender. Damn. Thanks anyway!

  9. #109
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I've been to the 032c gallery opening events twice and both times they were shit shows of hipsters who are there for free beer. The displays are a joke, as if they take pride in not trying. And that's with all due respect to 032c as a magazine.
    fuck, really? I live really close to it (like 5min walking) and always imagined it was ok...

  10. #110
    Senior Member jj.still's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Could someone recommend any good cobbler in Berlin?

  11. #111

    Default

    look no further than Posh (sic). they do stellar work and understand the aesthetic. i can highly recommend them.

  12. #112

    Default

    I've taken my shoes to Posh as well for years now. They are really good. Just like with any cobbler, make sure to tell them what exactly you want (and don't want!)

  13. #113

    Default

    when they resoled my pair of ramones, they called to tell me that the requested sole had arrived — but that unlike earlier versions it had a visible vibram branding. they refused to use it and ordered a different one to keep with the shoes' aesthetic. didn't even ask, just flatly informed me.

  14. #114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by electricgecko View Post
    when they resoled my pair of ramones, they called to tell me that the requested sole had arrived — but that unlike earlier versions it had a visible vibram branding. they refused to use it and ordered a different one to keep with the shoes' aesthetic. didn't even ask, just flatly informed me.
    Already love them – do you think one could mail them shoes in for repair?
    I don´t think my home town has a comparable cobbler who won´t shy away from sneakers ...

  15. #115

    Default

    Heading to Berlin next week as part of my honeymoon. I've been a few times but this'll be my first time going with disposable income. Wife has never been.

    Any recommendations for eating out, cool stuff to see, etc.? And does anyone know if the Nagnagnag pop-up is worth checking out?

  16. #116

    Default

    Damn!I just arrived from Berlin.Why the hell i did not see this -.-
    The girl who that gave me her apartment to stay said that shops are open on Sundays.So i went to the holy grail guitar show (my father is a guitar constructor) Saturday and i was planning to visit shops the next day.Then guess what.Everything was ofcourse closed.I really wanted to go and see Darklands,that was my trip mission actually.We dont have such stores in my country.Better luck next time i guess :P

  17. #117

    Default

    So... did you not look up Darklands' hours of operation when you went to their website? Or did you somehow manage to find Darklands without looking them up?

  18. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deadboy View Post
    So... did you not look up Darklands' hours of operation when you went to their website? Or did you somehow manage to find Darklands without looking them up?
    Well...since the girl told me everything is open on Sunday till 8 in the afternoon i didnt look it up.I just saw the map and i was yeah!going to Darklands -.- .Ofcourse i blame my stupidity for believing her.I looked hours of operation after my failure

  19. #119

    Default

    Shops in general remain closed on sundays. Exeptions are shops at the larger train stations and some corner storers. There are some sundays where the stores are open for business throughout the year, but I would not advise on going then since it is crazy overcrowded.
    lavender menace

  20. #120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdandi View Post
    Shops in general remain closed on sundays. Exeptions are shops at the larger train stations and some corner storers. There are some sundays where the stores are open for business throughout the year, but I would not advise on going then since it is crazy overcrowded.
    I had the same thought but the girl told me that i was like...she lives here,she knows.NEVER trust a women (LOL jk)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •