Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xeraphim
    • Nov 2008

heading up in two weeks' time for a short vacation, any good areas to recommend for accommodation? no itinerary planned so just somewhere convenient enough to get around really.

Comment

• Mezeinee
      • Apr 2015

Check out 'Das Neue Schwarz' in Mulackstr. 38.
      It is a Vintage Designer shop.

http://www.dasneueschwarz.de/
      https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

• radio-aktivität
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by xeraphim View Post
        heading up in two weeks' time for a short vacation, any good areas to recommend for accommodation? no itinerary planned so just somewhere convenient enough to get around really.
        I’d say that any place within the S-BAHN ring tram is more or less convenient to get around. Distances in Berlin sometimes are really annoying, you’ll just get used to it.

Choosing a neighbourhood also depends on what you’re up to do there, obviously. If I were you, I’d try to get a BNB or hotel in Kreuzkölln, Kreuzberg, Friedrichshain-Nord or Mitte areas. Everybody’s different (and I hear people complaining already about my choices!), but I believe these areas are quite enjoyable, and all perfectly connected to the public transport.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Anyone who complains about Mitte should be dropped into New York's soho for the weekend. After being bulldozed by fat Midwestern tourists in their best Teva sandals chewing on cupcakes and gangs of teenagers from New Jersey hopping from H&M to forever21 (cause they can't get THOSE in their local mall) Mitte will seem like a quaint village.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Trixer
            • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Anyone who complains about Mitte should be dropped into New York's soho for the weekend. After being bulldozed by fat Midwestern tourists in their best Teva sandals chewing on cupcakes and gangs of teenagers from New Jersey hopping from H&M to forever21 (cause they can't get THOSE in their local mall) Mitte will seem like a quaint village.
            Yeah Soho is a different beast! I live in Mitte and amongst many locals, it's not cool to admit that Mitte actually has lots of great neighborhoods. furthermore, Mitte represents the gentrification that in honesty has been happening fast in Berlin, however rather unsirprisingly.

There's many great to superb restaurants, good shops, bars and all kinds of quirky places in Mitte but everyone for his own I guess.

Comment

• robertsopenlehto
              • Jul 2012

There in under two weeks and in the market for some new sunglasses. Love Kuboraum but not sure it's in my budget. Other good places for some different eyewear?

Comment

• Mikevigar
                • Jan 2010

Whether you can afford them or not, you should check out the Kuboraum store, it's ace!

Comment

• brettwagg
                  • Jan 2013

My partner and I are relocating to Berlin in the next couple months, so just wondering if anyone can suggest or knows of the following:

- decent barber shop
                  - artist studio space (either monthly rental for a solo studio, or a shared space set up for screen printing with hourly rental)
                  - any used or consignment clothing stores worth checking out
                  - decent stereo shop

Comment

• Arkady
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by brettwagg View Post
                    My partner and I are relocating to Berlin in the next couple months, so just wondering if anyone can suggest or knows of the following:

- decent barber shop
                    - artist studio space (either monthly rental for a solo studio, or a shared space set up for screen printing with hourly rental)
                    - decent stereo shop
                    I'm on the same exact tip and would like to know this as well.

Comment

• Verdandi
                      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by brettwagg View Post

- decent barber shop
                      - decent stereo shop

Do you mean a traditional barber shop? There are a ton of turkish barber shops all over the city. I'll ask my male friends which one they would recommend.

As for rental space: The most well known studios/spaces for rent are K18, Atelier 79, Fabriken. There are dozens more. If you speak German looking through the ''ebay Kleinanzeigen'' is always worth a try.

Right now Das neue Schwarz is the only designer second hand store here that's worth it. But there are countless non-designer thrift stores around. It's almost as if one opens every week somewhere.

And for steroshops: HiFi im Hinterhof, Schalldruck, PhonoPhono.

If you have any more questions feel free to contact me.
                      Last edited by Verdandi; 07-23-2015, 12:57 PM.
                      lavender menace

Comment

• brettwagg
                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
                        Do you mean a traditional barber shop? There are a ton of turkish barber shops all over the city. I'll ask my male friends which one they would recommend.

As for rental space: The most well known studios/spaces for rent are K18, Atelier 79, Fabriken. There are dozens more. If you speak German looking through the ''ebay Kleinanzeigen'' is always worth a try.

Right now Das neue Schwarz is the only designer second hand store here that's worth it. But there are countless non-designer thrift stores around. It's almost as if one opens every week somewhere.

And for steroshops: HiFi im Hinterhof, Schalldruck, PhonoPhono.

If you have any more questions feel free to contact me.
                        Ahh cheers, thanks for the response, much appreciated. Yes, if there is any barbershop that is better than any other ones, let me know.

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                          • Jan 2011

I’ll be in Berlin this August and have a more specific question to the residents: if you’d do a 2-day trip to the baltic sea shore, where would you go?
                          I checked out the Deutsche Bahn Warnemünde-Express (on weekends) and the BLB Bus to Usedom so far, but really don’t want crowded beaches (which I assume both destinations would be)

Any secret tips?

Comment

• Verdandi
                            • Mar 2012

There are no secret tips in August. It will be overcrowded everywhere. Keep in mind that all Bundesländer except for NRW don't have school in August this year.
                            lavender menace

Comment

• gregor
                              • Oct 2014

this'll probably pique someone's interest on here.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I've been to the 032c gallery opening events twice and both times they were shit shows of hipsters who are there for free beer. The displays are a joke, as if they take pride in not trying. And that's with all due respect to 032c as a magazine.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎