X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electricgecko
    • May 2012

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
    Already love them – do you think one could mail them shoes in for repair?
    I don´t think my home town has a comparable cobbler who won´t shy away from sneakers ...
    hm, dunno. they are awesome, but also quite particular. i'd be surprised if they'd do that. best call them and ask.

Comment

• hasin1312
      • Nov 2014

Im visiting Berlin next week and im looking for layer-0 footwear.
      I found harveys, but their webpage isnt great. Dont really have the time to browse in shops, so is there anybody here who knows what layer-0 footwear is stocked atm? Thanks!

Comment

• mikko
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by hasin1312 View Post
        Im visiting Berlin next week and im looking for layer-0 footwear.
        I found harveys, but their webpage isnt great. Dont really have the time to browse in shops, so is there anybody here who knows what layer-0 footwear is stocked atm? Thanks!
        You could email them? Make sure to visit, Siegfried is awesome!

Comment

• hasin1312
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by mikko View Post
          You could email them? Make sure to visit, Siegfried is awesome!
          Will do! Oh well, I'll just have to squeeze it into my already busy schedule!

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Just know that Harvey's is in West Berlin, so quite a bit of travel, and the store is weird. Sorry, Siegfried is indeed lovely, but the shop is straight out of 1980. Impossible to browse, as a lot of stuff is in the back, and/or packaged in plastic bags. So, if you are prepared to buy something particular and have plenty of time to spare, then go. If not, I would skip it and do something else with your time.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• oulipien
              • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Just know that Harvey's is in West Berlin, so quite a bit of travel

It's like 2 blocks from an U7 stop and not far from the edge of Tiergarten. It's only "quite a bit of travel" if you view anything west of the west edge of Friedrichshain far away. (Plus, it's actually pretty pleasant over there on a nice day; there are (or were in 2007...) some nice bookstores, record stores, and jewelry stores on and around Knesebeckstraße.) I'd've expected the bigger strike against it to be that it's on the notoriously commercial Ku'damm. (In fact you could easily walk from there to KaDeWe to ogle the eaux de vie.)

Comment

• oulipien
                • Feb 2016

Originally posted by HWith View Post
                anything else interesting you can think of.
                http://echtzeitmusik.de/index.php?page=calendar for concerts.

Comment

• jimmycs
                  • Mar 2014

No experience with Berlin, but curious as to any value added tax there ?

Comment

• VonStraap
                    • Nov 2010

Yes there is, as in almost every country in the world. If you live outside EU you can buy tax free.

Comment

• jimmycs
                      • Mar 2014

Originally posted by VonStraap View Post
                      Yes there is, as in almost every country in the world. If you live outside EU you can buy tax free.
                      Thanx for that.

Not necessarily so here in Japan. Even though there are certain retailers who may offer tax free for foreigners, I have to say that is not the case otherwise.

Comment

• Baddarn
                        • Oct 2013

Excellent thread! Thanks for all the suggestions. Too bad Sammlung Boros is booked up for more than a month, as the trip is quite spontaneous.

Anyone know if there is anything worthwhile going on this weekend? concerts, temporary galleries, etc?

Thanks!

Comment

• oulipien
                          • Feb 2016

BTW I went to both Darklands and Harvey's this weekend and I have to say, the enthusiasm and friendliness at Harvey's was way preferable, imo, to the Sprockets-esque self-seriousness at Darklands. More than made up for the slight (and honestly comparable to Darklands) inconvenience of getting there and the unbrowsability (mostly because I only had to express interest in a designer for almost everything in my size to be given to me to try on).

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                            • Jan 2007

I'm moving to Berlin next month for half a year. Will be working in Charlottenburg. Other than the obvious like Kreuzberg and Neuköln, what are good areas to live in with low rent and decent transport access? And what are good places to find an apartment other than wg-gesucht?
                            Originally posted by jogu
                            i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
                              I'm moving to Berlin next month for half a year. Will be working in Charlottenburg. Other than the obvious like Kreuzberg and Neuköln, what are good areas to live in with low rent and decent transport access? And what are good places to find an apartment other than wg-gesucht?
                              Apartment hunting is a hassle, always and everywhere. wg-gesucht is probably the best option for shared options. immoscout, immowelt et cetera basically have the same apartments (as they are listed on most sites simultaneously anyway), often over middlemen.

I quite liked the area around Velodrom in Friedrichshain-Nord (almost Prenzlauer Berg); I have friends there and they enjoy it. Rents are affordable, too.

You can also try to hunt a nice apartment in the old west. Why not Charlottenburg? You’ll commute a lot around the city anyway, its completely normal, so location is (in my opinion) not the most important thing in berlin.

Comment

• Verdandi
                                • Mar 2012

Berlin is in general very affordable compared to other big cities, even within Germany. Are you looking for a WG? If yes, WG gesucht is indeed your best option. Transportation access won't be an issue at all unless you live in the outskirts of the city.
                                lavender menace

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎