Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nathaliew817
    • Sep 2014

@DIVINITUS: Sound stalkerish but I've been following your blog for a long time. :)

Nederlands toch?

I just discover Kie Hye Lee
    Wears a lot of Yohji, and tumblr is a nice mix of images.
    V A N II T A S

Comment

• timm3h
      • Mar 2011

Hi all, sorry if this isn't kosher but I was wondering if I could get some feedback on a blog that I've been writing in my spare time. Basically, with the blog I'm trying to capture the things in fashion I'm passionate about and bring me joy: interesting construction, intricate details, etc. As of now this has amounted to deep-dive views of things I own that I think are very well designed.

Right now there are only two posts, and I'm not sure how frequently I'll be posting as I'm constrained by the amount of things I own; with that being said I'm really just doing this for my own enjoyment, and hopefully to learn more about construction.

As of now I'm looking for feedback more than anything. One issue is that I currently know very little about the technical aspects of construction (especially terminology) so error-checking is always appreciated. Additionally, I'm trying to find a good balance between being personal vs. clinical in my deconstructions.

Blog here

Thanks!
      Last edited by timm3h; 11-28-2015, 08:48 PM.
      Clothing deconstruction & review

Comment

• Matias_Zurich
        • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Meizure View Post
        My personal favorite. Not much reading, but really cool edits.

Another one I really like is:
        Clothes for the long walk back home.

I just love this kind of "archive" blog, if you could call it so.
        Actually, dandygum is Raf Simons' personal favourite as well : She was one of the artists he chose for the Avant/garde Diaries event he curated in Berlin in July 2011.
        I find her work quite witty really...There were also Peter Saville and Michael Clark dance company (my faves).

On another note, Raf recently told to Artforum that he would be doing another collection with Sterling Ruby ! I wonder when..

Comment

• monster
          • Aug 2009

to timm3h:

I'm by no means an expert in fashion or, especially, in clothes' constructions and other technological aspects, so my opinion can't be really considered as a valuable one. But still, I really enjoyed reading your blog: I like the format of describing a single piece in more than a few words, which is not a content I frequently encounter; I like the photos, especially, the details shots; I like the simplicity and brightness of the blog (sometimes I wish SZ had plain white background). Hope, you will keep posting!

Comment

• timm3h
            • Mar 2011

Thanks for the kind words, monster :) One of the reasons I started writing these is because I find many clothing reviews nowadays too perfunctory to be of much use. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Also just wrote a new post if you are interested -- link here
            Last edited by timm3h; 11-28-2015, 08:47 PM.
            Clothing deconstruction & review

Comment

• matglenn
              • Jun 2016

@timm3h

I find the blog quite refreshing to be honest, the pictures composed nicely and layout is very simple.

I would love to see it grow and feature more and more designs.

Great start :)

Comment

• jimmycs
                • Mar 2014

Different perspectives always a good thing and this one is done with taste.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎