X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mw000
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by architextures View Post
    does anyone have the link to the superfuture guide to waxing?
    I don't know if this is the one, but I wrote it down in a book

WAXED COTTON

2 cups boiled linseed oil
    2 oz (weight) beeswax
    2 oz (weight) rosin

Heat beeswax + rosin to 250 degrees, stir until melted and combined

Remove from heat and add oil. Brush on and wait one day between coats.

*Do not add linseed while on heat as it is FLAMMABLE

Hope this helps!
    ________
    R5
    Last edited by mw000; 01-22-2011, 03:50 AM.

Comment

• architextures
      • Apr 2009

that helps a lot, thanks. i'm going to be undertaking a project of dying, waxing, and re-patching a pair of levi's 510s soon, i'll post pictures when they're done. trying to get a peach overtone on the dark blue

Comment

• Bring The Noise
        • Feb 2008

bumping this thread. anyone know how to dye + wax a tank top ala this yurius one?

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
          • Nov 2008

Double bump.

I got a Julius parka that could use some more wax...any suggestions?

Originally posted by Bring The Noise View Post
          bumping this thread. anyone know how to dye + wax a tank top ala this yurius one?

Comment

• cheapcheaps
            • Aug 2014

Wasn't so hard to find

He uses turpentine additionally

Comment

• narziss
              • Nov 2012

i do not recommend linseed oil. even though it is used in making tincloth, the resulting fabric isn't usually used for garments as it has a sticky quality to it even when thoroughly dry.

one way to wax fabric (one i have used with good results) is using a dryer. buy an old one on, as you cannot use it for anything else than waxing afterwards.

a) melt the wax. you can use any wax. i use a mixture of carnauba and beeswax as this has a much higher softening/melting point and is harder and shinier than paraffine or stearine.
              b) apply the wax with a paint brush or roller in quick strokes so that all is more or less evenly covered. it will look like shit, but don't worry. the dryer will do the magic.
              c) chuck the whole thing in a dryer on the highest setting for an hour or two. the continuous movement and heat allow the wax to melt and soak into the fibers evenly.
              d) take out, let cool. voilĂ , you have just made professional-grade waxed fabric. to make shiny, just polish it either on a buffing wheel or with a bone folder.

the alternative to the dryer is a hair dryer. much more laborious and results will be patchy.

Comment

• richard_cao
                • Mar 2016

Bumping this thread for those who are interested in waxing jeans or clothes. I found that now there are some specific products for DIY waxing. It's way easier than using other methods. If you don't wanna heavy coated effect then using the products is the right way to go.

This is a tutorial video as well as an introduction of the product:

ps:I am pretty sure many other brands are producing the same kind of product. Go on amazon and explore!
                Never dress down.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎