X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diamonds
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by obsolete View Post
    by silicone, I mean silicone softener. It's what is used by wash houses to soften t-shirts. It looks like you used sillicone rubber to "wax" those jeans. I think there is silicone in Armour All. The insustrial products used by wash houses smell and look exactly like Armour All. Again, just info for you DIY'ers out there. Try mixing Armour All with various glues.

-o
    yeah that's exactly what we used. waterproof as fuck

Comment

painting clothes with ordinary wallpaint works too. After a couple of washes it cracks up nicely as well. make sure it's waterbased latex paint.

Comment

• tg76
        • Nov 2006

my 2c

to get an even coat water down / thin down what ever you are using and stick it in a pump spray bottle, like what you would spray fertilizer with. works with paints, varnishes, liquid latex lots of stuff... all you need is a spray booth. (i peg garment on clothes line and blast it)

i commissioned a wholesaler in hk to coat a few hundred yards of drill for me, they added a micro film of latex and its awesome. it looks and feels like wax but isnt as temperamental.. not gonna come off on yer sofa etc. it is completly crap to work with though the coating builds up on the machine needle and makes stuff go wrong

the wax m lowry mentioned is fun to use, products like sno seal applied to areas to look like you have been working in some trade the butcher the baker the candlestick maker type thing and even though it still feels greasy it doesnt rub off on other stuff

and spray cans,, random stuff from the hardware store not just paints, stuff you can spray on and itll make a big greasy smelly mess but then you wash it and itll leave a nice stain and or coating

Comment

• keanureeves
          • Nov 2008

can someone get the instructions to make oyur own waxed jeans from Supertalk and post them here?

for some reason i have never been able to download the site.

Comment

• weezlose
            • Nov 2008

yesss!

i definitely want to experiment with a pair of light black levi's jeans i'm sick of (i bought two pairs because of the fit, but i'm sick of having two of the exact same jeans).

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

oopss
              Last edited by philip nod; 11-25-2008, 07:23 AM.
              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• rogelro
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by diamonds View Post
                So a friend and I have attempted to make silicon coated jeans with some black calking before:

This was our first attempt, so it's a bit sloppy but we learned a lot... I think if we ever do it again we'll mix the silicon with some paint thinner or try to use a lot less (we went a little heavy as you can see).
                you made your own viridi anne coated jeans, saved a couple hundred bucks

Comment

• endtroducing
                  • Aug 2008

So a friend and I have attempted to make silicon coated jeans with some black calking before:

This was our first attempt, so it's a bit sloppy but we learned a lot... I think if we ever do it again we'll mix the silicon with some paint thinner or try to use a lot less (we went a little heavy as you can see).
                  These look great. I like the idea of the wax being so thick as it will crack and wear down really well as a result. Bravo!

Comment

• advancedart
                    • Jul 2008

haha I did exactly the same last year for my art work in school. Yours looks better tho .. Mine still stinks one year after applying the silicone!!

Comment

• cabl3
                      • Dec 2008

I wax coated some cheap grey jeans I had. In the end, the mixture ended up a bit thicker than I'd have wanted but after wearing the jeans a few times, they've softened up. They turned out great though, they are often mistaken for leather.

I dont know if I should just post them here or start a thread as these jeans are not my last coating venture.
                      "If you want to tell the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
                      - Wilde

Comment

• kofi3159
                        • Feb 2009

Yikes!! keep on trying

Comment

• howinpark
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by cabl3 View Post
                          I wax coated some cheap grey jeans I had. In the end, the mixture ended up a bit thicker than I'd have wanted but after wearing the jeans a few times, they've softened up. They turned out great though, they are often mistaken for leather.

I dont know if I should just post them here or start a thread as these jeans are not my last coating venture.
                          I want to see it
                          I am trying to do myself too

Comment

• TRSltd
                            • Feb 2009

Has anybody trying to waxing a suede leather?
                            i want to, but don't know how)
                            in my city there's no silicon or foil glue, btw. maybe somebody can help me?)

Comment

• Mar 2009

diamonds those jeans are wonderful

Originally posted by TRSltd View Post
                              Has anybody trying to waxing a suede leather?
                              if you ever try it, please post pictures

Comment

• architextures
                                • Apr 2009

does anyone have the link to the superfuture guide to waxing?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎