X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spencer
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Diego View Post
    ^ Very nice. I bought the citiz & milk, in black.

But of course!

Comment

• Tyler
      • Aug 2009

my favorite coffee ever comes from Muggswigz in canton, ohio. everything is made in house. if you ever go there for the First Friday art exhibitions, stop by. it's a very unique experience. or you can just buy it for yourself online.

Comment

• t-bone
        • Dec 2009

Oof, i've tried those Nespresso pod machines and they are a poor substitute for real coffee or espresso. By my office here in NYC we split our days between Stumptown at the Ace Hotel and Cafe Grumpy for our afternoon 'spros.

Comment

• klangspiel
          • Apr 2007

truth: aussies make the best coffee

seriously, melbourne's one of the best places for coffee anywhere in the world, easily. the ratio of great baristas / cafes to population is damn impressive and perpetually improving if that's even possible or necessary.

Comment

• Diego
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by t-bone View Post
            Oof, i've tried those Nespresso pod machines and they are a poor substitute for real coffee or espresso. By my office here in NYC we split our days between Stumptown at the Ace Hotel and Cafe Grumpy for our afternoon 'spros.

We have to drink coffee at the office and nespresso works fine for us. I'll definitely try Grumpy next time I visit NYC.

Comment

• Tumnus Truck-Tour
              Banned
              • Nov 2009

not sure if it's been mentioned already but counter culture coffee is where i get minez

Comment

• coup de grace
                x
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by t-bone View Post
                grumpy is a winner, have yet to see anyone fly the sz flag there though

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                  • Mar 2007

nyc coffee

A fellow SZer brought me to Grumpy and Stumptown about a fortnight ago (thanks W!)...been having my daily fix at either one of these 2 places since. Was just at Grumpy yesterday

Comment

• rocknrollnigger
                    • Jan 2009

I don't think this article from the NYTimes has been posted here yet:

I went to a couple of places on the list when I was in NY last. Was staying in a brooklyn apt. close to Gorilla coffee but liked cafe grumpy the most, wish they had more sitting room though.

Comment

• endersgame
                      • Aug 2009

yeah nespresso is not the best coffee i've had and it's always going to be better in a good cafe- but i just woke up and made a full-bodied double espresso with about an 1/8" of crema in less than 2 min for a dollar.

in my underwear..

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                        • Mar 2007

Bluebird Coffee Shop NYC

Great coffee, nice doughnut (eaten), free wifi...
                        Last edited by Acid, Bitter and Sad; 09-24-2010, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

/\ I spot Faust!
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BUMMER
                            • Feb 2010

Tried the 'Hartmann Honey' beans from Gimme! recently and it was remarkably smooth without lacking strength or flavor.
                            I'm a stickler for making coffee at home.. But I had an early evening latte' from La Colombe on Lafayette St. and it may be the start of a baaad habit.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I haven't been to that one yet. The one on Church is really nice though. I rarely order cappucinos, but for drip coffe Gimme so far has been my best experience.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BUMMER
                                • Feb 2010

Ok not to get all Coke vs. Pepsi..
                                But to compare, I had a Gimme! latte' this morning and I have to say that I preferred the taste/texture and body of the La Colombe latte' hands down!

-Both places have good, personable service!!!
                                -And the Gimme! portion was almost double the La Colombe, which is esp. nice when there's time to sit and enjoy it.

But I still think my go-to will be La Colombe' for my capp/latte'..!
                                Will bring home some of their beans soon and let you guys know how they are..!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎