Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
    what can this bad boy do?
    excellent optics, 50 megapixel images..... virtually zero noise levels when shooting in studio environment.

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
      The Ghia is such a badass car... not sure if I'm going to shoot for the convertible or the hardtop... but in black and chrome and pristine... shit looks so sick. Merz and I have been talking about them because we're both planning on getting one coincidentally.

Is your dad in Australia as well? Must have been hard to get there! It was a super popular car in the US back in the day so it's a bit easier to find...
      actually it was quite a popular car here in Australia too. my personal preference would be for a convertible, as it's quite difficult to mount an air conditioning unit in a Ghia (limited space under the dash).

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post
        actually it was quite a popular car here in Australia too. my personal preference would be for a convertible, as it's quite difficult to mount an air conditioning unit in a Ghia (limited space under the dash).
        mm, I will keep that in mind Dji. Thanks!

The a/c system was the one thing I wanted to look more into. Granted it's nice that it's dry here in Texas so rust is less of an issue, but it's also hotter than hell during the summer :)
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Real Real
          • Feb 2007

-A full copy of the OED
          -a Maserati 3500 GT
          -a case of Fonseca 1994
          -a case of Pappy Van Winkle 25 yr

Comment

• Real Real
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by merz
            i wrote a long response post to this thread which got kind of derailed

it could be summed up as something like, this thread is in poor taste.
            So is the Shopping and Personal Style forum.

Comment

• Real Real
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by merz
              i kind of don't want to get into this, but at least the sartorial subject kept everyone more or less level, without digressing into mazzeratis & vines of rare vintage, which does a job of making one look like a cartoon villain.
              A much better job of making one look like a cartoon villain, unlike, say...tens of thousands of dollars worth of distressed object dyed black leather jackets and boots.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Real Real View Post
                A much better job of making one look like a cartoon villain, unlike, say...tens of thousands of dollars worth of distressed object dyed black leather jackets and boots.
                c'mon now
                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• pipcleo
                  • Jan 2007

Last edited by pipcleo; 10-28-2010, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• deleuze
                    • Jul 2007

Maybe there should have been a caveat in the opening post; this thread is for those who haven't spent all their fortune indulging their good sartorial taste lest it leaves a sour taste tinted with green. No reason why someone can't have good taste in locomotives, grapes, weapons, books, whatever . . . it's the culture forum, I think that's a big enough umbrella to cover such things.

Comment

• theaddict
                      • Apr 2008

WTF? You can play by ear Kira? I tried that for a long time (and i started with 5 years...stopped after leaving home for uni) and never managed it.

That would be MY non-clothing holy grail (beside the car, house yacht things...haha)!
                      the other always was that i wished i could sing...but this is a dream which will never fulfill...haha

Should start playing again, but the one good thing is, once you have played for a long time in young years you wont loose that ability, its like cycling

What grand piano did your grandma own btw?

Originally posted by kira View Post
                      We had just an upright growing up, that is at my mother's house still and will come to me one day. I used to go to my weekly lesson at my piano teacher's insanely large home and when I accomplished learning a piece well enough, she would let me go and play it on her grand piano. The first piece I ever memorized, was Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. I used to sit and play it over and over on that piano. The sound is absolutely incredible. I tried doing the keyboard thing for a while but i just could not get into that.

I have the ability, with some focus, to play by ear. I used to spend my summer afternoons sitting with my ear to the speaker of the stereo, recording songs with a ton of piano off of the radio. Then, I would go over to the piano and figure out, pretty quickly, how to play the song.

I share in this love.
                      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• DHC
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                        Not a grail in the sense I can't find one, but in the sense I may never be able to afford one. I would love to have a vintage steinway grand piano or Bosendorfer. I had a baby grand growing up that taught me everything I know. Lately I've been aching for the touch of a fine piano but due to constant moving/small apartments I have to settle with a decent electronic keyboard.
                        check...I have your grail. Aside from a flat in District 1 of Paris, I guess this would be it.
                        Originally posted by Faust
                        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

I don't think the premise of this thread has to be tasteless. I can't get in to car talk either but I suppose people have different tastes. It would be nice if we kept grails to mean something rare/special and hard to obtain; a desire that reveals something about your personality, rather than just ultra-expensive objects.
                          music

Comment

• Magician
                            • Jul 2008

^+1 This isn't supposed to be the "if I had a million bucks thread." I think similar to the clothing grail thread it should be about rare, possibly expensive items, but ones that we could conceivably purchase in the future.

For some of us I'm sure that does mean fine cars, but let's try to keep it a little realistic...
                            Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• theaddict
                              • Apr 2008

ok i give it another try, another non-clothing achievable holy grail is: Heli snowboarding in Aspen (or where was that famous champagne powder area again?) with the finest champagne powder snow ever...making lines in the virgin snow with no one else around than my buddies... wearing head to toe, non SZ garments...

Edit: Oh and i dont want to derail this thread, but my biggest but absolutely unachievable dream was always to play a Jedi in a Star Wars movie since i iwatched the first one with 8 or 9 years on videotape! Damn, missed the first 3 epsiodes now...Mr.Lucas if you read this, arent there part 7-9 coming in the future? I wanna be a Jedi...
                              Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• maldoror
                                • Jun 2007

paging gt2-josh, you're wanted in the robb report thread

but for real, I've been trying to find the solaris soundtrack on vinyl for a couple years now and it keeps eluding me. this one:

also the fire walk with me soundtrack. oh, and real real, it's a shame we never met up in philly. I've got a bottle of pappy 25 from ~a year and half back when julian did a presentation and tasting @ usw. it is glorious stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎