Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

goodbye horses: best synergy btw soundtrack + film?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam_tem
    • Apr 2007

Pure Country

Baraka (or is that cheating?)

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

YO DUDES
      i'm not talking about a soundtrack...that's way too easy...i'm talking about a specific scene that visually and sonically melds together in a way that is better than a perfect grilled cheese sandwich.
      i'm talking about the q lazzarus "goodbye horses" it puts the lotion in the basket scene.
      I WANT SCENES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

ok here's one
        opening scene of godard's contempt, the relationship between the filmic apparatus and the audience bared while delerue's stunning score sets up the next scene as the colors of the french flag play out in filters across bardot body and finally ass.

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

clockwork orange and the singin in the rain rape scene.

Comment

• Who?
            • Aug 2007

P I was just about to post that.
            WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

looks like i got some synergy going w aka and who?

Comment

• Who?
                • Aug 2007

Greenstreet Hooligans, the final fight scene with One Blood playing:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• theaddict
                  • Apr 2008

I will give a easy one..every time Indiana Jones went into some action i rejoyced hearing the title melody, and the same with the Imperial theme or the the one for the good guys on Star Wars...Sorry, i am a all life hardcore Star Wars fan
                  Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

the last scene of billy elliot always makes me cry

best link i could find that didn't have sound problems or was in french :)

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                      I will give a easy one..every time Indiana Jones went into some action i rejoyced hearing the title melody, and the same with the Imperial theme or the the one for the good guys on Star Wars...Sorry, i am a all life hardcore Star Wars fan
                      addict, i'm a old skool lucas junkie as well, but, for research purposes, i'm writing a paper on this topic, if you could link or describe one scene that would be great...

and if any of you who made any earlier broad suggestion could narrow it down and add a link i would be happy :)

Comment

• deleuze
                        • Jul 2007

Leos Carax has a couple of great ones.

"Modern Love" in Mauvais Sang http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10_ej-CBNOM

"Holiday in Cambodia" from Boy Meets Girl http://www.dailymotion.com/related/x...dia_shortfilms

Comment

• kira
                          • Mar 2008

The Flower Duet, Lakme, from the love scene between Catherine Deneuve and Susan Sarandon in The Hunger.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                          Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Jonn
                            • Mar 2008

MAJOR SPOILER

"death is the road to awe" in the fountain. start from 7:50 if you want to go straight to the ascending scene.

It is an honor to provide such a gem to the wide spectrum of the Floyd community!The entire 24 minute ending scene from 2001: A Space Oddyssey synced to the ...

an easy one here. classic floyd-kubrick effect..like the one in above, the most "cinematic" moment to me is near the end when the song hits the climax with ogran solo break down synchronizing the part the old self stands up and turns around. this song is the finest achievement of the floyds.
                            Last edited by Jonn; 11-23-2008, 03:23 AM.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                              • Jan 2008

The nearly ten minutes opening title sequence to Sergio Leone's
                              Once Upon A Time In The West.
                              The actual score to the film was composed before the film was
                              shot, and we could probably pick out several scenes which could
                              serve the course here, but I'll choose the opening scene because
                              it differs from the rest of the films four major music themes,
                              because of the use of natural sound Ennio Morricone used to
                              compose the music for this scene. It is said that Morricone had
                              trouble with this scene, but it was in Firenze during a concert of
                              a performing artist who was performing a concert for metal ladder,
                              very much in the spirit of John Cage, he came up with this idea.

Last edited by BECOMING-INTENSE; 08-14-2009, 06:15 PM.
                              Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                              Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

beer emoticon guys

this one is another personal obssesion / inspiration
                                Scene from Mad Max with the infamous Feral Boy

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎