• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chant
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Silk View Post
    Where do all the clothes from the showrooms go when the showroom is done? Do the employees get them? I hear they are mostly size 46, I would love to take some of that unused clothing off their hands Though I know that isn't possible
    Some designers keep them for their archives.

Comment

• croatoan
      • Jul 2007

They get used throughout the season for various photo shoots, press opportunities, etc. If they finally do get passed off via sample sales or whatever, it typically isn't until quite a while after the actual season.

Comment

• Time & Space
        • Jan 2008

Werkstatt Leather Necklaces

Anyone ever showered with their leather necklaces on by mistake or knowingly? Does the leather stand up to the water, or is it a bad idea. I get tired of taking it off and one all the time to shower etc or rain..

Any experiences....??
        "With all due respect to Jesus Christ, Elvis was the greatest philanthropist of all time" -- Elvis Impersonator

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

/\ Tell us more about last night!!!
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Time & Space View Post
            Anyone ever showered with their leather necklaces on by mistake or knowingly? Does the leather stand up to the water, or is it a bad idea. I get tired of taking it off and one all the time to shower etc or rain..

Any experiences....??
            Most leather does fine in the rain. Some dyes will fade though, worth spot testing.
            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Reagan
              • Feb 2010

does anyone have any tips on how to remove odor from leather jackets? attended a party with a somewhat new rick jacket, proceeded to get drink spilled on it; luckily, the lining was the only thing really hit but i still want to get rid of the smell and I don't intend to wash it/get it cleaned

Comment

• cremaster
                • Jan 2010

Does anyone know how to keep a cotton shirt permanently wrinkled?
                After washing I twist into a knot to dry. Putting on the shirt "fresh" it looks brilliant but as the day wears on the wrinkles "fade" and it ends up looking like an un-ironed shirt.
                How does Issey keep his pleats?

Comment

• droogist
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cremaster View Post
                  Does anyone know how to keep a cotton shirt permanently wrinkled?
                  After washing I twist into a knot to dry. Putting on the shirt "fresh" it looks brilliant but as the day wears on the wrinkles "fade" and it ends up looking like an un-ironed shirt.
                  I would give laundry starch a try. It's normally used to prevent wrinkling, of course, but I don't see why it couldn't work the other way around.
                  He doesn't use cotton.

Comment

• cremaster
                    • Jan 2010

Thanks

Comment

• Mr. Jai
                      • Apr 2010

I think that's cool.. and the color is nice..
                      clothing tags
                      fabric label
                      woven labels

Comment

• endersgame
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by cremaster View Post
                        something like layering fabric with paper and feeding it in a hot press, then taking the paper out to release the pleats.

and how do you take a water stain out from leather?

Comment

• nellytheelephant
                          • Mar 2008

I'd just get the lining steam cleaned by a pro - pref through a ro store recommend. I got a ro leather cleaned inside and out once and the leather came back faded and lifeless.

Originally posted by Reagan View Post
                          does anyone have any tips on how to remove odor from leather jackets? attended a party with a somewhat new rick jacket, proceeded to get drink spilled on it; luckily, the lining was the only thing really hit but i still want to get rid of the smell and I don't intend to wash it/get it cleaned

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

thanks for the wonderful insight zboss
                            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Matt87 stop speed posting, or you will be banned.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                                • Jan 2007

This might not be the right thread but there isn't one for the next fashion weeks yet.

I have to go to New York this summer but don't really have a specific time I need to be there so I thought I'd make it coincide with some fashion related things. Apparently NY Fashion Week will be from Sept. 8-16 (Wed-Thu) this year. I'm not really interested in most of the (no longer) Bryant Park shows though, not that I have tickets in first place.

Does anyone know which which week would be better in terms of other events - Sept. 6-12 or 13-19?
                                Originally posted by jogu
                                i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎