X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Castor
    • Nov 2009

My very first post and I am quite sure it is a very inane question.

The Rick Owens ribbed knit shirts are very long this season. Can you just cut them and leave the hem raw or should they be hemmed? Does anyone else find the shirts too long?

Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by DRRRK
    The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• bestial
      • Jun 2008

I think this has been discussed in the small questions thread, I think some people stated that they just had cut them and that was fine whereas other stated that the original raw hem had some kind of treatment to it to make it not rip that easily.

to cut and hem would kinda ruin the purpose/design, don't you think?

Comment

• Castor
        • Nov 2009

Agreed. I think cutting the shirt is already borderline. Hemming would ruin the effect totally. Thanks!

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by comedyzen View Post
          I own a pair of Julius rear zips from S/S '08 and some older Attachment side zip boots. Both feel fine on my feet after about 1.5 hours of walking...but then my feet start to really hurt. My buddy owns some CCP's and says he can walk hours on hours and his feet feel fine.
          kind of a late pass, but it really depends on where they hurt. if its more on the sides or toes, then its probably because of the shoe, if it the underside, it might be because of your feet. first issue can be fixed by stretching the boots or finding better fitting ones, second possibly with good (orthopedic) insoles.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
            • Jan 2007

i'm having a hard time searching for this because of the three character minimum for search terms.

does anyone know the difference between LC and LP in rick owens style numbers? i know LF is gradient with lamb sleeves

more specifically, the number for a medium ss09 rick's jacket is RU 7763 /LC while the number for a medium aw08 is RU 5763 /LP. both are lamb, so i'm not sure if it's just something that changed with the seasons or of the material is actually different.

any help appreciated. sorry if this has been asked a bunch of times before.

edit: after reading 168[ pages of the RO thread, here part of the answer in case anyone else is wondering.

LB: unwashed calf
            LM: metallic calf
            LS: silky lambskin
            LC: washed lambskin
            LF: fading lambskin

still doesn't answer LP though since that's an AW08 style.
            Last edited by ProfMonnitoff; 11-02-2009, 08:03 PM.
            Originally posted by jogu
            i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• Castor
              • Nov 2009

My F/W '09 Intarsia High Collar Jacket in Hammered Lamb is marked:

RU 4761/LP

So, LP must stand for Hammered Lamb?

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
              i'm having a hard time searching for this because of the three character minimum for search terms.

does anyone know the difference between LC and LP in rick owens style numbers? i know LF is gradient with lamb sleeves

more specifically, the number for a medium ss09 rick's jacket is RU 7763 /LC while the number for a medium aw08 is RU 5763 /LP. both are lamb, so i'm not sure if it's just something that changed with the seasons or of the material is actually different.

any help appreciated. sorry if this has been asked a bunch of times before.

edit: after reading 168[ pages of the RO thread, here part of the answer in case anyone else is wondering.

LB: unwashed calf
              LM: metallic calf
              LS: silky lambskin
              LC: washed lambskin
              LF: fading lambskin

still doesn't answer LP though since that's an AW08 style.

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Castor View Post
                My F/W '09 Intarsia High Collar Jacket in Hammered Lamb is marked:

RU 4761/LP

So, LP must stand for Hammered Lamb?
                stands for Long Play
                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• mass
                  • Sep 2006

can only people with moustaches pull off brown

and samuel beckett

Comment

• galia
                    • Jun 2009

No. Sideburns work too

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

major online shopping nightmare...

i bought a dress from a store in Spain and it arrived damaged. Even though I contacted them and sent them pictures immediately, they refuse to accept a return and provide a refund. They claim that since the designer says the garment is not "defective," they are not responsible. Or something.

does anyone know what i can do about this? anything?
                      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• merkuri
                        • Sep 2009

honestly, i would keep inundating the customer service person and make it a war of attrition. typically, stores have one person handling such matters.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Wow, this is awful! Maybe talk to one of our Spanish members? They could probably help you out. What store was it. I say you make a big stink out of it on all online forums.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by laika View Post
                            major online shopping nightmare...

i bought a dress from a store in Spain and it arrived damaged. Even though I contacted them and sent them pictures immediately, they refuse to accept a return and provide a refund. They claim that since the designer says the garment is not "defective," they are not responsible. Or something.

does anyone know what i can do about this? anything?
                            Just dispute the charge with your credit card company. If the store is being that unhelpful, get it sorted out on your end, then once that's done, offer to return it to the store so that they can negotiate with the designer. That's not your problem.
                            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• bestial
                              • Jun 2008

This is awful laika, I don't know why some stores do this kind of stuff. When I bought my RO motojacket last spring from The Corner Berlin it arrived with a broken seam in the lining. They didn't even bother to respond to my email(s) about this, didn't even send the receipt with the jacket (we're both in EU so customs isn't even a hassle).

I did lay off and just fixed the jacket myself, but don't do it. fight for your right, if its broken they should of course make a refund!

Comment

• Oxnard
                                • Jul 2009

Hi I had a question about Rick Owens jackets, that is I just bought one 2nd hand and I was wondering how can you tell if the jacket is an Olmar and Mirta sample? I got one of the lambskin moto jackets, and the little care tag that is tucked away inside the zippered chest pocket says Olmar and Mirta on it. I had heard of this Olmar and Mirta company before and I read on here about people buying samples from them, do all of the mainline Rick Owens jackets have that label on the tag or is just for the Olmar and Mirta specific clothes? Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎