Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Usually it refers to the pit to pit.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

my gray ccp side zip were drenched during a downpour on thursday. now they're all splotchy and the leather is pretty stiff. should i put any treatment on it or just wear it? if i were to put treatment on it, would black jesus ccp tell me to slow my roll?
      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

FUCK that sux. send a note to sergio. thats why i wore old helmut that night.
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
          • Nov 2007

what do you mean splotchy? did the color run? my bull derbys got caught in the rain and developed a weird salt like crust that i brushed right off. i would suggest you first get a good shoe brush and see if that will help. it made my derbys look better than ever.
          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
            what do you mean splotchy? did the color run? my bull derbys got caught in the rain and developed a weird salt like crust that i brushed right off. i would suggest you first get a good shoe brush and see if that will help. it made my derbys look better than ever.
            the color didn't run. basically the areas where the boots got wet are slightly darker than the areas that were dry. the whole front part of the boot was drenched with water during the rain shower to the point that it kinda soaked through and my socks got a little wet. pretty bad. the leather is a little stiff, but i THINK it should be fine. but i think pnob made a good suggestion. i'm going to contact some ccp peepz.

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
              the color didn't run. basically the areas where the boots got wet are slightly darker than the areas that were dry. the whole front part of the boot was drenched with water during the rain shower to the point that it kinda soaked through and my socks got a little wet. pretty bad. the leather is a little stiff, but i THINK it should be fine. but i think pnob made a good suggestion. i'm going to contact some ccp peepz.
              1) Wipe with a humid rag
              2) Dry with another rag
              3) Use a leather cleaner
              4) Let them rest for a few minutes
              5) Use a leather conditioner
              6) Use the dry rag to "polish" (without using any polish)
              7) Enjoy

Don't forget to use shoe trees.
              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Jon
                • Apr 2008

^that's the one!

I didn't have much luck finding any of the other pieces, but I did find this gem:

Originally posted by merz
                perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• maldoror
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                  1) Wipe with a humid rag
                  2) Dry with another rag
                  3) Use a leather cleaner
                  4) Let them rest for a few minutes
                  5) Use a leather conditioner
                  6) Use the dry rag to "polish" (without using any polish)
                  7) Enjoy

Don't forget to use shoe trees.
                  @ddohnggo same thing happened to my grey derbies a ways back with water-splashed areas forming darker patches on the leather. I did exactly what fuuma suggested (kopped the cleaner and conditioner from hectors shoe repair) and now they're good as new.

this is to say: do not worry.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

i got a response from ccp, and they pointed me to the care booklet (i'm stupid). in the booklet it says not to use leather grease, which i assume to be leather cleaner.

Comment

• maldoror
                      • Jun 2007

leather greaseleather cleaner.

leather cleaner is literally soap. the principle is that the water on your shoes is not clean water, because new york city streets are not clean, and so a diluted portion of soap will help clean your shoes. however, the use of soap also dries the leather, thus the conditioner. it's the same principle as hair care: shampoo then condition. this is standard care procedure for all leather goods, and I see no reason that ccp should be any different.

having said all this, and what leather grease is not, I'm still not exactly sure what specifically it is. maybe a particular kind of conditioner?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

sorry to hear that joey. Not a big thing to worry about though. Like fuuma said, just wipe it with a damp cloth first to even out the discoloration and let it dry more evenly. The way the dye works with carol's pieces makes it dry sort of like how coffee rings dry. By rewetting the leather and "wiping" the edges to even out the drying process so that it dries without any sort of an edge will let the dye reset properly. This was the problem with the green/gray s/s07 overlock. For the stiffness conditioning will be spot on. You can get mink oil to soften it if need be.
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
                          i got a response from ccp, and they pointed me to the care booklet (i'm stupid). in the booklet it says not to use leather grease, which i assume to be leather cleaner.
                          They don't know shit, don't listen to them.
                          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• orphée
                            • Apr 2008

Does anyone have any wisdom about CCP sleeve lengths on blazers/long coats (non-leather)? The photos on Atelier show what I would consider to be 'conventional' sleeve/cuff length, but I do recall seeing photos of CCP blazer sleeves folded back along with the underlying long-sleeve shirt sleeve and forming a bit of an angle. The reason I'm asking is that I have a long CCP coat which fits fine, but the sleeves are so long (come to nearly the middle joint on my middle finger) and I'm contemplating whether or not to get the sleeves tailored.

Any advice would be welcome.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Orphee, if you are around 6 ft tall, you should be fine.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• orphée
                                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Orphee, if you are around 6 ft tall, you should be fine.
                                Okay, thanks, Faust. I am nearly that tall and would, of course, prefer not altering the sleeves. Guess I should put it to the test and wear it out on the town with the sleeves not rolled up and see if people give me the 'oh my, too long' look (not that I should attach to much importance to what 'they' think).

On a more general note, is extra sleeve length perhaps a CCP hallmark, or am I just trying to find a good reason to justify the extra long sleeves?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎